Notices
Scion FR-S Owner's Lounge
Scion FR-S Forum - The Scion sport coupe

GT86 Road Car Versus Fensport GT86R Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 08:33 PM

Default GT86 Road Car Versus Fensport GT86R Race Car

The Fensport GT86R has over 500 horsepower, sticky tires, no interior, and is an honest to goodness racecar. But how much faster is it than a stock GT86?

Read the rest on the Scion Life homepage. >>
Old 12-06-2015, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JonathonK

The Fensport GT86R has over 500 horsepower, sticky tires, no interior, and is an honest to goodness racecar. But how much faster is it than a stock GT86?

Read the rest on the Scion Life homepage. >>
Is 8 seconds worth what im guessing is about 50k in upgrades? At that price, lots of other performance cars are available....ill stick with my stock frs
Old 12-08-2015, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by merlin06
Is 8 seconds worth what im guessing is about 50k in upgrades? At that price, lots of other performance cars are available....ill stick with my stock frs
Well the problem is diminishing returns. Honestly a 350whp FR-S should be almost just as quick as a 500whp around a track.. That track car probably has too much power to put it down effectively at 500hp.

You can make a car really fast (pretty cheap) now a days. The problem is traction, after adding such a high amount of power. A 350hp car that you can _almost_ floor it in around turns (obviously a different tire/rim/suspension setup would be needed, and it still would have traction issues) is just as fast as a 500hp car that has to back off, and needs lots of throttle feathering and a lot more finesse.

I have a brand new Kraftwerks FR-S kit sitting in my family room right now (and no, I don't have a FR-S yet, but I have a Kraftwerks SC'd SI, and I am working on getting a RS1.0 FR-S or a blue.series BRZ as a 3rd car during this winter) - I have a ton of FR-S parts already getting stocked up on, lol. My KW kit on my SI makes a hair under 400whp - and I think the FR-S kit using the same SC makes 330whp in the FR-S. I think that will be plenty strong to keep me sideways and smoking.

It just shows how composed the twins chassis really is. The area where the extra power will shine is on big long windy roads, and highway rolls. There is no way to use all the extra muscle diving into turns, but coming out of them and straight always is ideal.