Notices
Scion iQ ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion iq 2013 satellite radio please help me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 PM

Default Scion iq 2013 satellite radio please help me!!!

Hello,

I actually bought scion iq 2013 last week.
In my audio system, there is AM/SAT button.
when I push this button, AM is working, but I can't find SAT even I push this button several times... just AM is working...
I know I have to pay to listen SAT radio...
But I think there is SAT menu come up on screen when I push the button.
Does it have some problem?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Are you sure your vehicle is equipped with the equipment for satellite radio? Just because the radio has the button doesn't really mean the car has the equipment.
A Good person to ask about the satellite radio on the Scion IQ is one of the moderators on here named Taz, I believe he added the system for satellite radio to his IQ.
I'm personally not a big fan of it. Streaming Bluetooth from my iPhone using pandora is good enough for me, and I don't have a monthly charge.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by namdaeng
Hello,

I actually bought scion iq 2013 last week.
In my audio system, there is AM/SAT button.
when I push this button, AM is working, but I can't find SAT even I push this button several times... just AM is working...
I know I have to pay to listen SAT radio...
But I think there is SAT menu come up on screen when I push the button.
Does it have some problem?
If you wish to listen to SAT radio you will need to purchase and install the SAT radio reciever, antenna and headunit connection kit. It's an easy install. The SAT menu will not display unless the equipment is installed. If you push the button and you don't get a menu there is no equipment installed. If you have the equipment installed you will hear the SAT radio but it will only be commercials for Sirius telling you how to purchase a subscription.

As Daniel mentioned above, it's a personal choice thing. I have found the benefits are on long trips, being able to listen to uninterrupted music or if you really really really hate commercials driving around town.

Sirius used to offer a lifetime subscription but that is no longer available. There are all kinds of options, music from your iPod, your phone or a tablet played through the head unit or local broadcast radio.

The SAT kit runs about $200 bucks plus installation if you don't do it yourself. You can find the subscription costs on line at the Sirius site.