Scion iQ Owner's Lounge
2011-____ [NGJ12]

2012 Scion iQ Turn Radius Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default 2012 Scion iQ Turn Radius Video

I had a fantastic opportunity to test drive the Scion iQ last Tuesday. In the comparison, we also got to drive the Smart Car as well... let me tell you, it's a night and day difference. The Smart Car felt like a golf cart in terms of handling. The interior (at least on the one we had) looked like recycled materials from a child's furniture set (lol).

Anyhow, after the test drives, we started playing with the turning radius. It's quite impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjtU4OI4D84
Old 02-12-2011, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice
Old 02-12-2011, 08:03 PM

Tight! You didn't say where this was, California?

Any hints as to when we'll all get to try that?
Old 02-12-2011, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Got to see two of these about an hour ago. The release series, or what I am assuming is the release series (had a kit with rims), actually didn't look bad at all.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jlstrange
Tight! You didn't say where this was, California?

Any hints as to when we'll all get to try that?
We were doing a preview test drive at Toyota HQ Campus in Torrance. I think the ability to do this will be determined on your local dealerships throwing iQ launch events. I know we'll be doing one =P

Originally Posted by Superpickel
Got to see two of these about an hour ago. The release series, or what I am assuming is the release series (had a kit with rims), actually didn't look bad at all.
There are 2 modified iQs in the US (both by Five Axis). One is a lime green colored one and the other is a charcoal color. Unless someone imported one, I don't think there are any RS models driving around yet. They are likely still testing the stock units before going into final production.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:31 PM

I've gone to a couple of local Toyota/Scion dealers, the latest last week, and they've never heard of the iQ. In fact, since I wasn't there to buy what they had in stock that day, they started stepping back and looking around for another prospect. (there were none)

I'm tired of trying to educate them.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jlstrange
I've gone to a couple of local Toyota/Scion dealers, the latest last week, and they've never heard of the iQ. In fact, since I wasn't there to buy what they had in stock that day, they started stepping back and looking around for another prospect. (there were none)

I'm tired of trying to educate them.
I think it really depends on what part of the country you're in. Some of the larger dealers (like us) have a dedicated Scion department in the Toyota showroom, though most of our Toyota Sales Associates are also Scion trained & certified. Some of the smaller dealerships have some of their Toyota Associates certified. The difference comes in when you have small grassroots events and the staff is passionate about the brand... plus I'm sure it helps when our Corporate contacts are a 30-60 minute drive away versus a flight away (as is the case for many dealers).

We have many requests for the iQ, along with a few deposits for the FT-86 Unicorn (it's in the works, but technically isn't an officially announced production vehicle, we're crossing our fingers for a NY Auto Show announcement this April).
Old 02-13-2011, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jkchang626
I think it really depends on what part of the country you're in. Some of the larger dealers (like us) have a dedicated Scion department in the Toyota showroom, though most of our Toyota Sales Associates are also Scion trained & certified. Some of the smaller dealerships have some of their Toyota Associates certified. The difference comes in when you have small grassroots events and the staff is passionate about the brand... plus I'm sure it helps when our Corporate contacts are a 30-60 minute drive away versus a flight away (as is the case for many dealers).

We have many requests for the iQ, along with a few deposits for the FT-86 Unicorn (it's in the works, but technically isn't an officially announced production vehicle, we're crossing our fingers for a NY Auto Show announcement this April).

i wouldn't deposit a cent before they show me the car and i could test drive it. And i want to know the price. Especially if it will costy close to 30k and not better in performance than a hyundai genesis coupe...
Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CSOCSO
i wouldn't deposit a cent before they show me the car and i could test drive it. And i want to know the price. Especially if it will costy close to 30k and not better in performance than a hyundai genesis coupe...
Some people just want it that bad... so they are guaranteed the first ones coming in... if they come in LOL. 100% refund on the deposit if news indicates the vehicle is canceled or if they don't like it after driving it.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well.. if they will give me my money back then maybe i would pit down some money too... but otherwise............
Old 02-13-2011, 09:31 PM

I've suggested they at least look at Scion.com to be aware that it's real and coming but to be completely unaware tells me they're just not car people or good sales people.