Notices
Scion iQ Owner's Lounge
2011-____ [NGJ12]

Confirmed my iQ has been ordered

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:45 PM

Default Confirmed my iQ has been ordered

Confirmed this week that my iQ has been ordered. The dealership was able to order 1 car in the color they wanted.

Mine will have the following options: PC - Blizzard Pearl $220, DX - Rear speaker package $100 and UT - Storage package $20.

I am told the dealers should receive one car around the middle of September to use to take orders off of. This is the car they are selling me.

Bret
Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice!! Very cool man, youve def got to post pics when you get it. I wonder if it shares the same chassis with the Yaris/Vitz? It would mean instant tunability
Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wonder why its a toyota everywhere else in the world, but a scion here?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
I wonder why its a toyota everywhere else in the world, but a scion here?
I think they are trying to inject some life back into Scion.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dont hate me for asking this question because i seriously do not know and i am not trying to sound negative and even after doing some research i am still not sure. My question is what is so great about the iQ? It looks like one of those Smart cars, and slower than the tC? i'm just puzzled, but if you can sell me on what is so great, i am definitely down to know, because it has been bothering me that everyone is so uppity about this dang thing. Thanks.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by criminaltc
dont hate me for asking this question because i seriously do not know and i am not trying to sound negative and even after doing some research i am still not sure. My question is what is so great about the iQ? It looks like one of those Smart cars, and slower than the tC? i'm just puzzled, but if you can sell me on what is so great, i am definitely down to know, because it has been bothering me that everyone is so uppity about this dang thing. Thanks.
I understand where you are coming from (Ive got a tc and its barely big enough for me), but if you are into small tuners, this adds an excellent new choice to the sub-compact/micro genre of cars. I would take this over a smart car any day (believe me they suck), and this thing realistically probably gets over 40mpg. Being a scion, it also has the tunability factor and Im sure someone will shoehorn either a fully built yaris engine into it or maybe even 2.0 3sgte, in which case this super lightweight car would scream.

If you need further proof of the viability of this market, look no further than the Yaris/Vitz forums. People have turned those things into absolute beasts, and they are ridiculously fun to take around a track when modded properly....I see this thing going in the same direction
Old 08-06-2011, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would love to have a 5 door hatch vitz.

LOVE.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:59 AM

Its cheap to buy, operate, and should be fun. I am expecting it will be reliable. Put some nice wheels on, nice head unit, and drive! I have always liked small cars. Have owned corollas, yaris, Prius, xb, etc. The interior is actually quite roomy. I never use the backseat, but its there if I need to.

I have always owned Japanese cars. When my 2010 Prius was hit, I replaced it with a 2011 Jetta TDI. Its a great car, but just not for me.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
I would love to have a 5 door hatch vitz.
LOVE.
Had a chance to buy a Yaris RS 5-door in Vancouver in '06, but exchange rate at the time didn't make up for the import duties and excise taxes.
Wish it had been the xA replacement; either that or the Ractis which is sold as the Verso-S in Europe.

Not that I don't like my D, but why not the ist front end?

Just sayin
Old 08-16-2011, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BretAz
Confirmed this week that my iQ has been ordered. The dealership was able to order 1 car in the color they wanted.

Mine will have the following options: PC - Blizzard Pearl $220, DX - Rear speaker package $100 and UT - Storage package $20.

I am told the dealers should receive one car around the middle of September to use to take orders off of. This is the car they are selling me.

Bret

So they are only getting one to use to take orders and they are going to sell it as soon as they get it? Weird business model....
Old 08-24-2011, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think they will use it as a demo car and will have it's hard break-in miles taken care of. yea, I ZERO iQ's on the road in Japan last year. I saw a whole lot full of them in Tokyo, most likely the distribution point. As a matter of fact, I saw more Ist's (xD here) than Rumion's even. The QNC bB is like a plague there. Should abeen here too....just sayin. As far as tunability? nah, 98% of those that buy one will not be tuning it. Not worth the effort. The ride on drop springs is gonna carzy bouncy. Congrats on your future car tho.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:07 AM

It won't have any miles on it when I get it. I am going to fly out there the day itgets in hopefully. Ordering my new tires and wheel next week.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 09-01-2011, 02:48 AM

Toyota contacted my dealer this week and asked for my name. Should get allocated next week! I am so tired of waiting.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don;t sweat it. it'll be here in time. You'll prolly get this car before I get the batteries I ordered for my RC plane 3 weeks ago
Old 09-03-2011, 03:23 AM

Just got an email. Will be in between the 26th and 30th.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Sweet...I really like the Hot Lava color one...I guess i'm kinda partial though...
Old 09-04-2011, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In for pics when you get it. I wonder if anyone is going to do the Aston Martin front end swap
http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/cygnet
Old 09-06-2011, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
Sweet...I really like the Hot Lava color one...I guess i'm kinda partial though...
I sent Randy an email the other day asking him if he would be interested in installing the springs when it comes in.

I will just need to keep an eye on him so that he doesn't cut any big holes in the roof.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

big holes FTW...its almost ragtop season BTW

Quick Reply: Confirmed my iQ has been ordered