Notices

Scion 8 Split-Spoke Alloy Wheels - Out of Stock

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 10:40 AM

Default Scion 8 Split-Spoke Alloy Wheels - Out of Stock

So, I first tried to order the Scion alloy wheels (8/20/2012) -

from a nearby dealership (who I will never use again because they told me they were in, made me take half a day off work and made me wait an hour and a half before telling me that the wheels were not in fact in... never use Antwerpen Scion in Clarksville, MD).

Apparently these wheels are not currently available. Scion won't even allow dealers to order them until the backlog of orders are filled (potentially a two to three month delay before they are in stock again).

I think that the wheels look nice, but would suggest going a different route unless you really want to wait an uncertain time period. I found a different set of 16" wheels that look as good, if not better. (will post pics when they arrive next week)

Just a FYI if you are considering the Scion wheels.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

with 634 pieces in the country and NO back orders as far as i see, i could have them for you tomorrow. as a matter of fact there are 10 wheels in the BOSTON pdc right now....
Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by ROCKLANDTOYOTA
with 634 pieces in the country and NO back orders as far as i see, i could have them for you tomorrow. as a matter of fact there are 10 wheels in the BOSTON pdc right now....
See. and that is where good customer service trumps bad. The dealerships I called went to their normal distributor and said tough luck, where someone who cared to keep a customer, would have checked a little further.

At any rate, I'm going with The Motegi Racing MR 125:
Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

ooh... how much are those wheels??
Old 10-08-2012, 11:13 PM

I ordered those when I bought my iQ and I got the same months of not available at my dealership,(and the parts departments don't ship between each other),b/c they're available in Vegas, Frisco, and LA?? But there was a recall some thing was wrong with the paint or special coating?? I finally gave up and got the money back.

Originally Posted by amadcow2
So, I first tried to order the Scion alloy wheels (8/20/2012) -

from a nearby dealership (who I will never use again because they told me they were in, made me take half a day off work and made me wait an hour and a half before telling me that the wheels were not in fact in... never use Antwerpen Scion in Clarksville, MD).

Apparently these wheels are not currently available. Scion won't even allow dealers to order them until the backlog of orders are filled (potentially a two to three month delay before they are in stock again).

I think that the wheels look nice, but would suggest going a different route unless you really want to wait an uncertain time period. I found a different set of 16" wheels that look as good, if not better. (will post pics when they arrive next week)

Just a FYI if you are considering the Scion wheels.