Notices

2011 tC First Drive!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Except you don't have to pay 22k for the Si because you're not forced to pay the sticker price like you are with buying a Scion.
Honda's doing it right. I'm sad for Toyota, mad for Toyota
Old 08-07-2010, 07:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yep that review from AutoGuide summarizes the spirit of how Toyota again loses touch of their intended demographic.

"For safety purposes, we’re all in favor of Toyota’s VSC (Vehicle Stability Control) setup, but while Scion claims you can turn it off in two stages (first shutting down traction control and then stability control), both systems default to the on position once above 31-mph. Now while 99 percent of Scion buyers will never take their vehicle to the track, essentially negating our criticism of this feature, the youth-oriented brand is also ensuring that number will stay at 99 percent – ignoring an important growth possibility with the more hard-core segment of buyers who often become brand ambassadors to their friends."

I still have an appreciation for all Scions, even at its new 2nd (um 3rd) rate status.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Guys, With a lip and drop... Its gonna look badass... It just looks like an akward turtle so high up off the floor...
Old 08-08-2010, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with the two posts above. I like what Honda is doing right now with the 4dr Civic Si and the new CR-Z.

I also think the new tC is just like the current one in the sense that the tC looks like sh__ unless it's dropped and put on nice wheels.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
oh yeah.. si has vtec yoooo and lsd.. woooow soo much better car!!! ricer boys probably wet their pants because of the extra 20 hp and the vtec sticker.

that black tc has big brake kit, trd muffler, trd wheels, fogs, and the sway bar... i think its a killer deal compared to the extra more power.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:48 PM

man... really... the lines are all off. i liked the 1st gen cause it was a nice size car and flowed nice.

the side shot looks like its stretched horizontal.

i can work with the interior. its not too bad.

sucks that the looks of the car is gonna stop me from buying it. i be the performance is gonna be way better or at least a little better than the 1st gen.

still hopes for the ft86.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

People its not like 18,275 is asking to much. Seriously stop complaining its insane. A tC brand new was 17,700+. Now they've added 18" wheels, 6spd, and other minor things. I wish it would only cost me 800 to add those things to my 17,700 priced tC. And yeah it will be expensive to add TRD parts just as it is NOW! I can't wait to test drive one. Until then I'll hold my opinions.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks like a 2dr avenger.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

why did they keep that disgusting orange for the gauges! A blue or red would look so much better. I holding off on my judgement as far as the looks until i actually see one and test drive one but as of right now i dont like it. I do like the interior though.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:24 AM

I'm liking the factory red calipers, but that's about it.

I can't stand the box design, once again. I mean, yeah, Scion has to match all their cars, but I hate the squared off roof and back end.

Maybe it'll look better in person. Til then, I'm let down.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 07-5spd-SprWht-tC
looks like a 2dr avenger.
Glasses...you need them.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

im really not a fan of the exterior... at. all. the rest though is an improvement in every way. i dont know where they put on a hundred extra pounds, though.

another review by insideline
http://www.insideline.com/scion/tc/2...rst-drive.html
Old 08-09-2010, 01:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Docta Bubbly
I'm liking the factory red calipers, but that's about it.
Don't be fooled by the optional TRD brake kit...

The more I look at the side profile of this thing, the more sad I get. It just doesn't flow... at all.

I'm sure quite a few people will be able to work it into something decent looking, but I'm feeling it less and less every time I look at it.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
I kind of wish people would stop asking for the tC to be RWD or AWD. It's still an economy car... you'd end up with a price in the low 20s and another 500lbs or something ridiculous (especially with AWD).

If you really want AWD that bad, buy a Subaru. I am...
As am I....my lease on my tC is up next summer and I'll get a Subaru instead. The tC is an OK car, not great enough for me to lease another.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Revoluscion
SL Member

i drove the car and if you haven't i have no bad complain, yes it's different from what im used to seeing but as a car modder i can work with it..
it will give you a different impression. but hey that's just me...im a scion head and always will be. i liked it specially going through the canyon and hitting that 6th gear.

seats are a lot more comfortable and the usb outlet option comes in handy.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

It looks alright from the side. I like the front other than the integrated scion emblem into the grille and bumper. The rear end is ugly. The gauges definitely shoulda been changed to blue or red. The thing shoulda come with an LSD and LED tails. Plus it shoulda weighed the same or less to allow you to actually notice the HP and TQ increase. I wanna see who scion/toyota got there data from on what the people wanted in looks. Cause from reading the threads about it 99% hate it. Yes it will sell but not nearly what they are hoping. I mean if people buy the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger and the Caliber that look like they are a design from the 70's they will sell. Kia is gonna reap the benefits from this tC. The Forte Koup is so much better looking and cheaper.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
The Forte Koup is so much better looking and cheaper.

yeah i was thinking about the same.. until i saw the black tc with tose wheels. and it doesnt even have any lip kit and not even dropped yet but looks much better than honda si or forte koup.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by highvoltage1
It looks alright from the side. I like the front other than the integrated scion emblem into the grille and bumper. The rear end is ugly. The gauges definitely shoulda been changed to blue or red. The thing shoulda come with an LSD and LED tails. Plus it shoulda weighed the same or less to allow you to actually notice the HP and TQ increase. I wanna see who scion/toyota got there data from on what the people wanted in looks. Cause from reading the threads about it 99% hate it. Yes it will sell but not nearly what they are hoping. I mean if people buy the Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Avenger and the Caliber that look like they are a design from the 70's they will sell. Kia is gonna reap the benefits from this tC. The Forte Koup is so much better looking and cheaper.
I agree.... I drove the Forte Koup. Not a fan of KIA (killed in action) at all.. but.. They have definately done well on this car, it surpassed TC's in gas milage and power, not sure about the new TC's STATS but I don't care either cause it was a #$^&#$^ tryin to get good interest rate on this one I have. So to all you stunners out there talkin like you wheel an deal any car.. keep the credit clean.. anyways <[TANGENT] This dang TC looked nearly Identical to the Forte Koup, take away the bumpers; and the angles especially the back of the roof look dang near the same. I just got that same nasty gurgle in the throat when Honda rolled out the last prelude model. Blah.
I thought the idea was... Cool, Quick, Cheap..
Guess they just took care of the cheap upgrades for us...
Old 08-10-2010, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ack154
Don't be fooled by the optional TRD brake kit...

The more I look at the side profile of this thing, the more sad I get. It just doesn't flow... at all.

I'm sure quite a few people will be able to work it into something decent looking, but I'm feeling it less and less every time I look at it.
I have to agree 100%. I think some people with time will be able to make it decent looking, but at stock, it just doesn't flow at all. It looks like four different cars threw up and the tC was formed. The lines are just awful and the back end doesn't look like it belongs on anything.

Again, this may just be me, but I don't think I'm their target audience anymore. After 5+ years with my tC, I think it's almost time later this year to part ways with it and get something larger and more mature.

I've pondered getting a Tundra or FJ Cruiser or even the new 4Runner (Hopefully staying in the Toyota family) and only doing moderate modding to it and keeping the tC as a second car or sell the tC and use the money to mod my next car / rig...I pondered a Jeep Wrangler but everything falls apart on them and they will eat your money away. Time will tell but I think some sort of part out is coming in due time .
Old 08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

the new tC is upgraded all around. I've said my input on what can be changed about it. There really isnt much to complain to tell you the truth. you get horsepower gain, added mpg, better sound system, added leg/head room (rear) , race inspired seating, better shifting points, etc etc.... The new tC feels a lot better and drives a lot better than the previous model. Although the price is slightly higher, but consider that its still more affordable than majority of its competition. You know who's gonna be in line for this first right? Our friends in the north. So make room scionlife because the cannucks are coming. haha

Quick Reply: 2011 tC First Drive!