Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

2008 tC Rear Light Combo Socket HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2021, 04:12 AM

Default 2008 tC Rear Light Combo Socket HELP!!!!

Well just got this car about a month ago and LOVE IT. only problems is someone put in new lights that were LEDs and the left side LEDs are broken, so I ordered a pair of stock style from Rock Auto and my friend that is going to help me change them out, the only problem is he thinks that they cut the bottom running lights out (socket) and they need to find a combo (3 piece) socket set for both sides. I can't find any online other than the dealership for like $40 a piece, the back up lights and blinker sockets are fine but I need the socket for the night running lights or any suggestions? I really can't afford another $80 for a set of combo (3 piece) sockets.

ANY help would be great. Thank you,

Mad Max

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-15-2021 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Old 08-15-2021, 03:01 AM
SL Member

Hello there, when you say "socket" are you referring to the wiring harness connectors? I did a little digging and found this:
https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem-...tra2=&filter=()
If you look at this link they have some tailight harnesses that have what appears to be 3 sockets/connectors wired into a single connector. Cost is $30 or so, with shipping it probably isn't going to be much different than dealership cost.

Do you have a Toyota part number for these sockets that the dealership quoted you? That would help with tracking something down online. Depending on your location there may be an auto salvage yard, "pick n' pull" near you? A lot of times they will have their employees go pull the part you need. That is if they have it available, may be worth a shot...