Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Anyone did a Toyota Celica badge conversion on their tC yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:12 AM
SL Member

lol, im not doing it. in fact, i don't even have a tC. this was for poking fun on photoshopping. catch my name and you'll probably know what im riding.

*puts on flame suit*
Old 05-18-2007, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Umm, the tC has absolutely no relation to the Celica. This is almost as dumb as those people putting a GTR badge on a Honda (after reading your last post, you're probably one of these people).
Old 05-18-2007, 05:41 AM
SL Member

Umm, the tC has absolutely no relation to the Celica. This is almost as dumb as those people putting a GTR badge on a Honda.
I beg to differ. Although the tC does not carry over the Celica line in name, I believe it is the newest generation of the Celica, in nature and its purpose/intent as Toyota made it as.

That old age rivalry of car wars between Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, and Mitsubishi still exist to this day except over the years, contending cars die off because of changing line up.

The Celica was directed to compete against Eclipses and Integras back then. As whatI see now is how this (give or take 3 way) vehicle arms race continues in the 4th gen Eclipse, the Scion tC (that was to replace the Celica), and the now dead ceased of production, RSX (blah, ___ rebadged Integra).

sorry if i went to deep in arguing. I don't mean to offending if possibly. making a point with recalling history gives me chills.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:53 AM
SL Member

Here's an idea... Don't do it!

But seriously, you ask for people's opinions and most of us are just being honest. Hey, it's your car so do what you want! Just don't be surprised if you see a pic of your car on a rice forum!

And make sure to give it a VTEC sticker to complete the package. But yeah, do what you want if it makes you happy.
oh ho. what's me less than happy is seeing a car riced out but yah, i'm quite satisfied with my picture projects. hope the pics poked some fun and ideas.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whoa! those photoshopped pics look nice! I always thought about the "termination of the 8thgen Celica (which I'd love to had), but I have no idea that Toyota originally has plans to make the ANT-10 to a Celica... so, I still bought my "8thgen" Celica!

AND Uhh, I don't know if I'm spending my time rebadging my tC to Celica, although it actually looks nice.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if someone does this and post pics, i will quote you and your pics and post them on the "spot the rice and taters" thread
Old 05-18-2007, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MilanoRed
Okay guys, here's my attempt at photoshopping some pics.

sorry about not getting a celica gt rear photo chop. some ideas would be nice. thanks.
This doesn't look right, it shows me that you are hatin' the Scion tC. Why did you buy it in the first place? Why didn't you buy the used nice Celica instead of the tC? SERIOUSLY, convert the tC to a Celica is the worse idea ever. Just being honest and straight forward. Its your car, do what ya want to and just make sure nobody post your converted tC to a celica pix in this website: www.laughatrice.com or maybe it'll be me that posted the pix of your riced "tC".
Old 05-18-2007, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ uhm he doesnt have a tC...
Old 05-18-2007, 06:57 AM
SL Member

This doesn't look right, it shows me that you are hatin' the Scion tC. Why did you buy it in the first place? Why didn't you buy the used nice Celica instead of the tC? SERIOUSLY, convert the tC to a Celica is the worse idea ever. Just being honest and straight forward. Its your car, do what ya want to and just make sure nobody post your converted tC to a celica pix in this website: www.laughatrice.com or maybe it'll be me that posted the pix of your riced "tC".
Actually, I like the tC for all that it is. If you read earlier, I don't own a tC.

I give props for toyota making a car that has a lot of spunk and upgradeability to a company that haven't made a potential coupe since the MR2's and Supra days (also AE86 but im pushing my luck there lol). I'll even admit to you that it beats out my car (which i won't tell you but you can guess what i have) in so many ways for what's it worth. My family owns a 98 corolla, 03 camry, owned an 2000 camry (r.i.p.), and an red 91 corolla ( :"( awh good memories) but for myself, I haven't been a toyota fan until Scion rolled around.

It just that I'm photoshopping some pictures of the tC as if it were badged under as an Celica as so far as I see it, the tC is a Celica. Thanks for for the input on a conversion of a tC to a Celica, as I've been wondering and trying to find out if anyone did such a conversion.

If you like, please feel free to post these pics amongst other forums. That way, there's more people to ponder about seeing these images of the "what if...".

thanks, and enjoy!
Old 05-18-2007, 06:59 AM
SL Member

more pics! i'm not loving the steering wheel conversion, but what the hell!

Old 05-18-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^ the wheel reminds me of the one on the FJ...
Old 05-18-2007, 07:05 AM
SL Member

engine nex- , ah, nvm. toyota already beat me to it.

i don't suppose i should try the rims? LOL
Old 05-18-2007, 07:27 AM
SL Member

^ the wheel reminds me of the one on the FJ...
hmm, you're right.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:33 AM
SL Member

so uhm..., i guess ill do right-hand drive conversion next? sounds cool?
Old 05-18-2007, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

the celica + tC share brakes... does that count?
Old 05-18-2007, 07:50 AM
SL Member

the celica + tC share brakes... does that count?
if it counts for you, sure why, not? then again, it could be just manufacturing parts shared across toyota cars, so brakes alone is very vague.

I'm trying to look at the cars' similarities at a bigger picture.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Toyota logos look good! And the celica one too, but I guess I like the tC logo better ^^!

To be honest, you are the fist person that I have seen around here that actually doesn't care about what other people think and I say that because of the way you respond to them. I guess people should show more respect...yes it's a forum but nobody should make them selfs feel greater than someone else and try to make them feel bad.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:07 AM
SL Member

The Toyota logos look good! And the celica one too, but I guess I like the tC logo better ^^!

To be honest, you are the fist person that I have seen around here that actually doesn't care about what other people think and I say that because of the way you respond to them. I guess people should show more respect...yes it's a forum but nobody should make them selfs feel greater than someone else and try to make them feel bad.
arrigatou, watashi no tomodachi. im please to hear you enjoyed the pics. they were really meant for simulational purposes but i guess people don't read the fine prints anymore.

well, at least i now found and know there are some nice folks here at scionlife. :D
Old 05-18-2007, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and if you want to be nit picky, we're really just a bunch of camry's

wiki: "The Scion tC uses the chassis of the Avensis which is sold in the European market, and the Camry's 2.4 L 2AZ-FE I4 engine."

Nice photochops, gave me a good giggle.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow.. someone was dropped as a baby on their head to many times.

celica badge on a tc.. dam this ricey crap has hit an all time new low..

pls / yourself today.

Quick Reply: Anyone did a Toyota Celica badge conversion on their tC yet?