Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Anyone did a Toyota Celica badge conversion on their tC yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 05:11 PM
SL Member

wow.. someone was dropped as a baby on their head to many times.

celica badge on a tc.. dam this ricey crap has hit an all time new low..

pls / yourself today.
apparently, someone was neglected in breast feeding when they were a baby. it's okay, it happens to some of us. im here for you.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:16 PM
SL Member

and if you want to be nit picky, we're really just a bunch of camry's Roll On Floor Laughing

wiki: "The Scion tC uses the chassis of the Avensis which is sold in the European market, and the Camry's 2.4 L 2AZ-FE I4 engine."

Nice photochops, gave me a good giggle.
I think if I saw the scion tC in that way, it would gives a Camry a whole new different meaning/name. I'll never look at one of those cars the same ever again. that'll remind me to think twice racing against my sister and her v6. yikes.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by MilanoRed
Umm, the tC has absolutely no relation to the Celica. This is almost as dumb as those people putting a GTR badge on a Honda.
I beg to differ. Although the tC does not carry over the Celica line in name, I believe it is the newest generation of the Celica, in nature and its purpose/intent as Toyota made it as.

That old age rivalry of car wars between Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, and Mitsubishi still exist to this day except over the years, contending cars die off because of changing line up.

The Celica was directed to compete against Eclipses and Integras back then. As whatI see now is how this (give or take 3 way) vehicle arms race continues in the 4th gen Eclipse, the Scion tC (that was to replace the Celica), and the now dead ceased of production, RSX (blah, ___ rebadged Integra).

sorry if i went to deep in arguing. I don't mean to offending if possibly. making a point with recalling history gives me chills.
Last time I checked, Eclipses, Integras, RSX's, Celicas...were considered sports cars. Now, tell me why Toyota would remove there sports car in this class, and replace it with a touring coupe. Oh yea that's right, they didn't. The tC wasn't made to replace the Celica, if it was, it would be sold in Japan and have a Toyota badge on it. That's like saying the xB was made to replace the 2-door Rav4. The tC is a rebadged Camry Coupe if anything. And we can't leave the xA out of the mix, I guess the xA was made to replace the Supra.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
And we can't leave the xA out of the mix, I guess the xA was made to replace the Supra.
That's just stupid, come on now, we all know the xA was meant to replace the mr2
Old 05-18-2007, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

If you're gonna badge anything... just badge it Toyota Celica Supra... go old school =D

Though I dont think you should badge it something its not. Badge it Avensis Coupe =P or maybe Camry Coupe....
Old 05-18-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, you people are all so afraid to do something different.

Celi badges on a tc are NOT RICE.

If you noticed toyota stopped selling the celica (a sporty 4 cylinder coupe directed at the youth market), and then made scion and put out the tc (a sporty 4 cylinder coupe directed at the youth market). They would have never straight up discontinued the celica without somehow carrying it on.

The tC is definitely the new celica (the 8th gen celica), and if you think not then you are just being rediculous.

I'm pretty sure anyone calling this RICE knows nothing about toyota history.

Like I said before, it's not my style and I wouldn't do it, but it's not rice either. It's showing appreciation for the company and the car that made the tC possible.

Let's say for example that Scion cam out several years early, at the end of the 6th gen celi. What if they stopped production of the celi then and made a new car called the Scion tC. It's the same concept, and everyone who is uneducated about anything would shout out RICE, or its not JDM or some other BS.

That's the reason why I hate the car scene is because people follow a little group that they are part of and if something is different it's either RICE or the JDM argument is for some reason bough up. Same with VW or Audi, they call EVERYTHING rice, when most of the time it's just different, or the American forums, if something is different it's RICE...

It's not like this is a Lexus rebadge or a Supra rebadge or anything rediculous. The Scion tC is the 8th gen Toyota Celica, and to think different is just dumb...

JOE
Old 05-18-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by neolusions
If you're gonna badge anything... just badge it Toyota Celica Supra... go old school =D

Though I dont think you should badge it something its not. Badge it Avensis Coupe =P or maybe Camry Coupe....
No way, go even older...give it a 2000GT badge!
Old 05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
SL Member

more pics! man these took a long time but now they're up.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by MilanoRed
more pics! man these took a long time but now they're up.

If that took you a long time, I feel sorry for you. All it is, is a mirrored image. You can tell by the gauges.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:31 PM
SL Member

Last time I checked, Eclipses, Integras, RSX's, Celicas...were considered sports cars. Now, tell me why Toyota would remove there sports car in this class, and replace it with a touring coupe. Oh yea that's right, they didn't. The tC wasn't made to replace the Celica, if it was, it would be sold in Japan and have a Toyota badge on it. That's like saying the xB was made to replace the 2-door Rav4. The tC is a rebadged Camry Coupe if anything. And we can't leave the xA out of the mix, I guess the xA was made to replace the Supra.
please read and learn.

wiki:
Scion tC is a sport compact introduced by Toyota in 2004 as a concept car under its recently introduced Scion brand name. The Scion tC was designed to appeal to the Generation Y market. They hoped to do so by making standard features numerous and optional features extremely easy to add. The Scion tC is generally considered Toyota's successor to the Celica whose production ended with the 2005 model year.

The Scion tC uses the chassis of the Avensis which is sold in the European market, and the Camry's 2.4 L 2AZ-FE I4 engine. Its low price (base MSRP of US$16,715 for the 2006 model) is a major feature, as well as the pure pricing marketing style that Toyota has adopted.

The name tC does not fit in with its stablemates the xA and xB because the name xC has already been taken by Volvo for its XC70 and XC90 models. According to Scion, tC stands for "Touring Coupe."
Hmm, looks like you at least know the meaning behind the car's name. However, nothing says that a car can't be a touring coupe and a sports car all in one.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:39 PM
SL Member

If that took you a long time, I feel sorry for you. All it is, is a mirrored image. You can tell by the gauges.
i have free time to kill so it wasn't too bad messing around imaging. apparently, you do not have a keen sense of observation. I had to work with this:

some mirroring, right?
Old 05-18-2007, 08:43 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCizzler
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
And we can't leave the xA out of the mix, I guess the xA was made to replace the Supra.
That's just stupid, come on now, we all know the xA was meant to replace the mr2
that would be seriously messed up if Toyota's intended it to be that way.

Originally Posted by neolusions

that would be ballin', now many would you find those around? lol. i'd give props to anyone who does so but alas, camry/avensis just doesn't have the reputation.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:45 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

he mirrored some but worked on others... pedals are in right orientation for example... and the stereo too.

just a little more than a simple mirror flip man..

but yes.. he could fix the gauges and other small details..
Old 05-18-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL @ this entire thread... uncle bens would be super proud.

BTW.. why would you waste time swaping the entire dash RHD lol... last time i checked, tc's are only LHD.. lololol...
Old 05-18-2007, 08:54 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
he mirrored some but worked on others... pedals are in right orientation for example... and the stereo too.

just a little more than a simple mirror flip man..

but yes.. he could fix the gauges and other small details..
argh, the gauges were a living nightmare. i dared not to touch them.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:14 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
LOL @ this entire thread... uncle bens would be super proud.

BTW.. why would you waste time swaping the entire dash RHD lol... last time i checked, tc's are only LHD.. lololol...
F to the ppl who made uncle ben and aunt jemima too! that racist marketing is wide-open and yet no one sees it. and besides, uncle ben's always smiling so much i doubt he can be prouder than what he already is.

yah, last time i checked too, the tCs are LHD but who knows, maybe one day toyota will sell it in japan? and for answering your question, i'm messing around with imaging because im stuck at home, absolutely bored, with no where else to go and nothing else to do. sad (or hilarious for you evil ppls) but true. can't wait til my car gets fixed.

other than that, im making the pics as food for thoughts.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh gawd....what is the OP thinking? why the hell you want to bastardize your car? it's like having a honda accord and slapping on some 5 series bimmer badge. way to go rice boy....
Old 05-18-2007, 10:30 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nathan18T
oh gawd....what is the OP thinking? why the hell you want to bastardize your car? it's like having a honda accord and slapping on some 5 series bimmer badge. way to go rice boy....
if you read my early posts, i stated out the intent of this topic was to find out if anyone did such a conversion. after talking to a few people, i went on to do some photoshopping for impressions.

also, i don't own an tC as mentioned awhile ago, so no physically, real car has been harmed under my actions.

since you mention it, im quite hungry. tonight's dinner: tofu w/, omgZzz, Rice! (im asian by the way...)
Old 05-19-2007, 05:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is there anyone who doesnt think this is RICE?

I mean I wouldn't do it, but it's not rice. It's not like an accord rebadged as a 5 series at all...

The term RICE gets thrown around wayyy too much...

And as for the MR2s and supras, I think toyota has to bring something back because right now we don't have too much...