Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Can this bumper be saved?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Can this bumper be saved?!

So in a moment of durpness I forgot to pull up the E-brake in my slightly sloped driveway. It's so slightly sloped that the car stayed where I put it until I was all the way inside. I then went to go use the bathroom and happened to glance out the window through the blinds and noticed something white in my "across the street neighbors" driveway. He drives a silver car so I looked a little closer and saw MY car halfway in his driveway and halfway in the road.

We have those sloped curbs you see in nice neighborhoods so we have to pull in and out at an angle. (PitA). Needless to say my car didn't turn the wheel when it exited my driveway without me and must have hit the front bumper hard. Quite a few tabs and fasteners broke and I want to know if your "run of the mill" body shop would be able to put it back together.

I know I could just go get an estimate but I never trust those guys. I want to go in with a number in my head and see if I can shop around and get close to it. Thanks in advance for everyones help and sorry for the rambling. My ADD meds make me do it. (Probably why I forgot to pull the E-brake in the first place lol)

There are support beams made of plastic here and 1 of them snaped too.

And this happened shortly after while parking at my church. A piece of Rebar was sticking up out of a parking block and did a number to my already hurt bumper. Damn the luck being late for church lol.

So can this be fixed and about how much should I expect to spend? If there is painting involved, it's an RS3 (hence my username) so I need paint code Toyota 070. If you need more or better pics let me know and I'll go outside and take some. Thanks again for your help!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So after 5 days and no replys I'm assuming this was a stupid question lol. No big deal. I'll just go get a few estimates I guess. I just don't want to have to replace the RS3 bumper. Whatever. Admins go ahead and delete this thread I guess lol.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member

Depends on how perfect, and how much you want to rig. Cars with a good stance, tucking tire or wheel, we rip bumpers off often. I had cut the cracked sections out of my bumper, plastic welded thicker ones, and then drilled holes through the bumper and fender, and connected with zipties. this required removing the plastic retainers attached to the fender