Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

HOW TO: Open Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I saw a tc the other day with blue painters tap holding their garnish in place.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

i saw one a couple months ago with duct tape all over the back of the car cus the garnish was falling off
Old 07-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

speaking of that, I saw 3 this week with all different color tapes. one with blue, one with grey and one with clear
Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Phanon_TC
im still lost in step 1.. which button!?!?!?!?!
The red one!
Old 07-30-2009, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

up, be sure not to break your garnish!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

"I didn't have my keys handy to try this new technique, so I borrowed a friend's keys and it still didn't work. They work on his car, so what was I doing wrong?"
Love the thread! I may have to put it in the Tech Section.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

haha i love it
Old 07-31-2009, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should so put it in the tech section!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Saw a silver tC with it just hanging by the license plate light cord LOL.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

This thread is WIN!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

this crap ____ed me off i have an 05 mine broke in 07. I half assed it for 2 yrs w/tape and glue screw buying a new one I aint payin for a piece of s#it that is definitely a bad design the way 4 metal screws are held in by plastic with no reinforcement. 3 months ago i finally JB welded it together filed it down and its nice and tight and basically fixed for free!! no evidence of any damage! Oh yea mine didnt last long cuz i delivered pizza for years with it full time. constantly opening it, in 05 it started making a cracking noise then finally fell off in 07. other than this i just fixed my center console upper armrest clamshell thingy ordered a 5 dollar hinge thingy and fixed that. plus got a passenger sun visor (it got stuck in the down position felt like a clip on the inside came undone) off of ebay! if anybody want to buy my old visor email me its in good condition if you know how to fix it send me an offer jusfive@yahoo.com my driver side floor mat wore a hole in it (if anybody can tell me where to get a new carpet insert for the premium floor mats id appreciate it). I am on a mission to restore my tc back to new i been having it since 8/2004!! my paint job went to hell ever since i got it. especially hurricane katrina living in hotels for months and a$$ hole$ opening their doors into mine. i wish they offered a side molding for it at the time. but in 5yrs there is no real problems with it oh yea my driver side door guide thingy (in between the two hinges) cracked right on the frame where the pin holds it in so when i open the door it makes a popping noise the dealer said its 27.00 its annoying i been hearing that pop for 4 1/2 yrs now. i did go in for my sunroof once cuz it would whistle like an air leak and they tightened it for me. it worked for a few weeks and came back whistling again. My warranty was up soon after so i was stuck with it. then 2yrs later i pay 25 buck to these ghetto m-f-ers with a travelin pickup with water they clean my car at work in the parkin lot and boom its been almost 2yrs without that noise!! i dont know what they did but it worked! i just ordered a cold air intake im waitin for it to come in any day now!

Last edited by jusfive; 08-20-2009 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
cool.

i love this kid (no homo)

but seriously that post was A. terrifying to the eyes, B. i hated it cus it made me think about what i was reading, C. hated it cus the grammar was horrible... it was like reading one realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly long sentence, D. well.... at least now we know this kids life story.

anyways

cool.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by jusfive
this crap ____ed me off i have an 05 mine broke in 07. I half assed it for 2 yrs w/tape and glue screw buying a new one I aint payin for a piece of s#it that is definitely a bad design the way 4 metal screws are held in by plastic with no reinforcement. 3 months ago i finally JB welded it together filed it down and its nice and tight and basically fixed for free!! no evidence of any damage! Oh yea mine didnt last long cuz i delivered pizza for years with it full time. constantly opening it, in 05 it started making a cracking noise then finally fell off in 07. other than this i just fixed my center console upper armrest clamshell thingy ordered a 5 dollar hinge thingy and fixed that. plus got a passenger sun visor (it got stuck in the down position felt like a clip on the inside came undone) off of ebay! if anybody want to buy my old visor email me its in good condition if you know how to fix it send me an offer jusfive@yahoo.com my driver side floor mat wore a hole in it (if anybody can tell me where to get a new carpet insert for the premium floor mats id appreciate it). I am on a mission to restore my tc back to new i been having it since 8/2004!! my paint job went to hell ever since i got it. especially hurricane katrina living in hotels for months and a$$ hole$ opening their doors into mine. i wish there offered a side molding for it at the time. but in 5yrs there is no real problems with it oh yea my driver side door guide thingy (in between the two hinges) cracked right on the frame where the pin holds it in so when i open the door it makes a popping noise the dealer said its 27.00 its annoying i been hearing that pop for 4 1/2 yrs now. i did go in for my sunroof once cuz it would whistle like an air leak and they tightened it for me. it worked for a few weeks and came back whistling again. My warranty was up soon after so i was stuck with it. then 2yrs later i pay 25 buck to these ghetto mfers with a travelin pickup with water they clean my car at work in the parkin lot and boom its been almost 2yrs without that noise!! i dont know what they did but it worked! i just ordered a cold air intake im waitin for it to come in any day now!

...my head hurts.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC

i love this kid (no homo)
oh shucks
Old 08-20-2009, 12:14 AM
SL Member

this crap ____ed me off i have an 05 mine broke in 07. I half assed it for 2 yrs w/tape and glue screw buying a new one I aint payin for a piece of s#it that is definitely a bad design the way 4 metal screws are held in by plastic with no reinforcement. 3 months ago i finally JB welded it together filed it down and its nice and tight and basically fixed for free!! no evidence of any damage! Oh yea mine didnt last long cuz i delivered pizza for years with it full time. constantly opening it, in 05 it started making a cracking noise then finally fell off in 07. other than this i just fixed my center console upper armrest clamshell thingy ordered a 5 dollar hinge thingy and fixed that. plus got a passenger sun visor (it got stuck in the down position felt like a clip on the inside came undone) off of ebay! if anybody want to buy my old visor email me its in good condition if you know how to fix it send me an offer jusfive@yahoo.com my driver side floor mat wore a hole in it (if anybody can tell me where to get a new carpet insert for the premium floor mats id appreciate it). I am on a mission to restore my tc back to new i been having it since 8/2004!! my paint job went to hell ever since i got it. especially hurricane katrina living in hotels for months and a$$ hole$ opening their doors into mine. i wish there offered a side molding for it at the time. but in 5yrs there is no real problems with it oh yea my driver side door guide thingy (in between the two hinges) cracked right on the frame where the pin holds it in so when i open the door it makes a popping noise the dealer said its 27.00 its annoying i been hearing that pop for 4 1/2 yrs now. i did go in for my sunroof once cuz it would whistle like an air leak and they tightened it for me. it worked for a few weeks and came back whistling again. My warranty was up soon after so i was stuck with it. then 2yrs later i pay 25 buck to these ghetto mfers with a travelin pickup with water they clean my car at work in the parkin lot and boom its been almost 2yrs without that noise!! i dont know what they did but it worked! i just ordered a cold air intake im waitin for it to come in any day now!
Keep us posted on the CAI! hahaha
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol what's a trunk release button? i thought that was just where i was supposed pull up on myhatch with all my might. ah well, 4 yrs, 56xxx miles, and it's still in 1 piece.

Last edited by Aroddalobster; 08-20-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

this crap ____ed me off i have an 05 mine broke in 07. I half assed it for 2 yrs w/tape and glue screw buying a new one I aint payin for a piece of s#it that is definitely a bad design the way 4 metal screws are held in by plastic with no reinforcement. 3 months ago i finally JB welded it together filed it down and its nice and tight and basically fixed for free!! no evidence of any damage! Oh yea mine didnt last long cuz i delivered pizza for years with it full time. constantly opening it, in 05 it started making a cracking noise then finally fell off in 07. other than this i just fixed my center console upper armrest clamshell thingy ordered a 5 dollar hinge thingy and fixed that. plus got a passenger sun visor (it got stuck in the down position felt like a clip on the inside came undone) off of ebay! if anybody want to buy my old visor email me its in good condition if you know how to fix it send me an offer jusfive@yahoo.com my driver side floor mat wore a hole in it (if anybody can tell me where to get a new carpet insert for the premium floor mats id appreciate it). I am on a mission to restore my tc back to new i been having it since 8/2004!! my paint job went to hell ever since i got it. especially hurricane katrina living in hotels for months and a$$ hole$ opening their doors into mine. i wish they offered a side molding for it at the time. but in 5yrs there is no real problems with it oh yea my driver side door guide thingy (in between the two hinges) cracked right on the frame where the pin holds it in so when i open the door it makes a popping noise the dealer said its 27.00 its annoying i been hearing that pop for 4 1/2 yrs now. i did go in for my sunroof once cuz it would whistle like an air leak and they tightened it for me. it worked for a few weeks and came back whistling again. My warranty was up soon after so i was stuck with it. then 2yrs later i pay 25 buck to these ghetto m-f-ers with a travelin pickup with water they clean my car at work in the parkin lot and boom its been almost 2yrs without that noise!! i dont know what they did but it worked! i just ordered a cold air intake im waitin for it to come in any day now!
Sorry guys this is what happens when you are typing at 3 am!!! And really bored and cannot go to sleep! Ok guys my grammar is not that great, in case you didn't know I am from New Orleans, La. Ha! Ha! (The Toilet Bowl of the U.S.A. where there is no education, plus the president wouln't even stop here! ) But now I am in Orlando, Fla. gettin' my Mickey On! Peace out!
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

for 5 years.. from -30F to 100F, I have opened my hatch day in and day out USING The button area only. You dont even have to put much force on it (one finger with slight pressure and it will pop open. I still am amazed that people actually break it off. My only guess is that they are yanking on it before the latch releases or when it is locked. Even then, it would take a hell of a yank to break it off!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump cuz i can.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Open Hatch