Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

i got a police question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 05:33 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

Default i got a police question

ok so i just talk to my sister and she told me her friends car got broken into... whole glass was shattered, deck stolen, camera stolen and a bunch of other stuff. they called the cops and the cops said that they refuse to send a officer to the location and that they "do not have the man power" to take care of such a problem. So the person said to jsut file a complaint online. Is this right? can i file a dispute against this? im gonna call the station again and see if they will say the same thing cause they didnt get the name of the person who said they cant do anything about it in the first place.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same thing happened to me in OAKLAND.......____in@ cops..
Old 12-21-2007, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thas complete B.S i cant believe they would say such a thing thats horrible i would go to the local justice system involved and go to the papers and news!!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:44 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

wheres the Serve in "Protect and Serve"..

more like "To Punish and Enslave"
Old 12-21-2007, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow, never heard that before.
So what kind of a message does that send all the thieves?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:47 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

go ahead, steal now. and maybe in a century we'll get back to you at the tone...
Old 12-21-2007, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cops are never there when you need them, and are always there when you dont.

moral: break into someones car, and youll get your copper you were lookin for.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:14 AM

I work for a local department (I am not a cop though), we take all reports, and send an officer to everything, it depends where you live though, bigger agencies and things like that, although it is not right, in reality have bigger problems to wrry about (shootings/homicides/gang activity) than a stolen cd player, and will just take a report online or over the phone, Im not saying its right, in fact I think that if an agency is lacking the man power to do everything, then they need to downsize the area they cover or get mroe people ... but no there is nothing you can do
Old 12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that sucks....

fortunately, when my truck got broken into, the campus cops came and got me....
Old 12-21-2007, 04:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dakine

ahaha i saw that in a movie..but i forgot
cops are dicks..fk the police!!!!1111
Old 12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

they still have to get involved either way in order to file a report for insurance. either way not having enough man power is not an excuse... in my small town population of 12,000...they send out at least 3 cars for anything and everything. a friend of mine had 3 on him just for a simple stop sign violation. they should have enough staff on duty to handle such cases
Old 12-21-2007, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW LOL!!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by WAlterEgo
they still have to get involved either way in order to file a report for insurance. either way not having enough man power is not an excuse... in my small town population of 12,000...they send out at least 3 cars for anything and everything. a friend of mine had 3 on him just for a simple stop sign violation. they should have enough staff on duty to handle such cases

that is because you have a small town, that is where coverage is better, in big cities property crime is not an urgent matter, they will take a report over the phone/file it and you will get your insurance claim, you will never see an officer ... I live in a city that is like this, but I work in the next town over which is small etc ... we send multiple officers to everything, and again I said lack of man power is not an excuse but it still happens ... either way human life>property all day everyday ... sorry ...

Originally Posted by tCkid2005

and to you - not all cops are dicks some are - but take cops out of the world and see how long you get to live in your house/keep nice things etc before some crack head shoots in the face while your sleeping because there is no one to keep the peace, or someone who normally wouldnt steal a car says, ____ it, no one is gonna do anything Im taking this guys car.
Old 12-21-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my city doesnt have those kind of things, if we do..its VERY rare. and all the cops here are kind of corrupt. they do anything to get you in trouble. most of them. but not all.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Drackonn

and to you - not all cops are dicks some are - but take cops out of the world and see how long you get to live in your house/keep nice things etc before some crack head shoots in the face while your sleeping because there is no one to keep the peace, or someone who normally wouldnt steal a car says, flip it, no one is gonna do anything Im taking this guys car.
I agree with you somewhat, but if a criminal wants to steal a car, they are going to get it, police or no police. They do keep the peace to a certain extent, but those scum bags who have no conscience or social skills, are going to commit the crimes because they don't really care if they get caught. ****, jail would probably be an upgrade for them. That's the difference between normal thinking people, and douchebags who feel the need to take from others. They would have that mentality all the time, not just when there are no police around.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to your local donut shop, grab one by the ear and make him take a report.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

people always complain about the high taxes. sorry man, but the reality is there isn't enough money to go around. serious crimes take priority. every one loses.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by tCkid2005

Transformers....

Damn Dakine, that sucks. Hopefully you can get this resolved. Just go to the PD yourself or with your sister and file it there and then get the report and send it to the insurance company.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel bad for her, but look at this way.

They are overworked and underpaid.

If its a high crime city they can only be so many places, would you rather they go to a rape scene or take a breakin report.

i personally _____ about the cops, but in the long run most are trying the best they can.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by ExpresScion
Originally Posted by Drackonn

and to you - not all cops are dicks some are - but take cops out of the world and see how long you get to live in your house/keep nice things etc before some crack head shoots in the face while your sleeping because there is no one to keep the peace, or someone who normally wouldnt steal a car says, flip it, no one is gonna do anything Im taking this guys car.
I agree with you somewhat, but if a criminal wants to steal a car, they are going to get it, police or no police. They do keep the peace to a certain extent, but those scum bags who have no conscience or social skills, are going to commit the crimes because they don't really care if they get caught. ****, jail would probably be an upgrade for them. That's the difference between normal thinking people, and douchebags who feel the need to take from others. They would have that mentality all the time, not just when there are no police around.
I dont think you read my post correctly, criminals are criminals and they will steal things regardless you are correct, but there are people in the world that would steal things, and commit crimes, if they knew they would not face a consequence, that is who the police keep at bay, people who are on the fence, and then see what happens to the criminal, and decide to stay legit ... the crime rate would increase exponential without police, but either way it still sucks

Quick Reply: i got a police question