Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

I GOT PULLED OVER! LIGHTS/EXHAUST, SO I NEED UR HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its a bad cop. motorcycle cop. he's always doing the same thing.. and is known in tampa for being a ... you know what. he's old too. he gave my mom her only ticket when she was18... and shes 50 now....
Old 09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wow, maybe he needs to retire and find something else to do other than bother people
Old 09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh.. .and... he also stated that I need to take a mandatory drivers course... for lights! wtf!!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rmpqeyo857
unless the LED's were flashing like strobes, they really can't do anything green lights underneath the car... the only way they can give you poop about green lights if they are on the back for the license plate or if they are in the front on the hood... under the car they can't do a darn thing... about the exhaust... it was only a warning, so that should not be bad... or maybe it is a cop that has nothing else to do and/or wanted to meet a quota... I'm in Fl too...
where can I find something to prove this???
Old 09-21-2006, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Your not going to find anything on it, obviously if the cop gave you a warning for you exhaust, you where driving, and your UB kit was on. Suck it up, pay the $80 and learn from your mistakes.

Obviously this cop has been watching you for sometime if he's made comments to you about flashing red/blue, and commented on taking a drivers ed course.

You should have done the research on LED's before you bought them.....IMO.........
Old 09-21-2006, 03:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BuddasTC
Your not going to find anything on it, obviously if the cop gave you a warning for you exhaust, you where driving, and your UB kit was on. Suck it up, pay the $80 and learn from your mistakes.

Obviously this cop has been watching you for sometime if he's made comments to you about flashing red/blue, and commented on taking a drivers ed course.

You should have done the research on LED's before you bought them.....IMO.........
HAHA. YEA... well, i dont even know how to make them red and blue.. i know how to make them rotate between auto and 7 color. lol.

heres my other prob, i was takin my sis to school, the one i graduated from last year, of whick... there are 7 tc's.

i was the first w/a tc and the 1st with lights... i guess they all have cought on and have copied... i think he got me mixed up!! but o well...
Old 09-21-2006, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member

it's not their fault that the cop hasn't gotten any in a while and has been backing up since their mom was 18... seriously... if you wanna fight the lights, you can take it to court and not pay anything... it's not like the cop will show up anyways... if you find that he keeps bothering you about the lights, then you can file a harrassment complaint against him... I had to do the same thing with a state trooper here...
Old 09-21-2006, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

You should be happy he didnt write you a ticket for window tint too, just pay the fine and get on with it, no need to open up a bigger can of worms.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Actually.. in california, it is NOT illegal to drive with an UB glow kit..read below.

25400 cvc.: This code is where NEON lighting under your vehicle is LEGAL to drive with. Please keep in mind that you can not have the color red and your tubes must be hidden. You may only have the glow effect.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25400.htm

25106 cvc.: This code states that you may have white OR yellow (amber) lights/reflectors to the front of your vehicle.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25106.htm

25950 cvc : This code allows you to have white or yellow (amber) to the front of your vehicle, so clear corners are legal. Also under 25950(c) you can have a bulb of any unlighted color, as long as it lights up amber or white. So if you have a colored unlighted bulb, but it lights up white or amber your legal.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc25950.htm

You can read all about this stuff from this website

http://www.autoi.com/CVC.html

I actually PRINTED it out and keep it in my glovebox incase I ever get pulled over..
Old 09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I just got a ticket for having my windshield tinted about 2 weeks ago.. Now I have to get it taken off.

He didn't say anything about the side or back windows, and they have 5% tint on them. He was just concerned about the windshield.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

wow, i will have to print a copy of that. i was told u cant drive wit ur car glowin because it is a distraction to others
Old 09-21-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Florida Statute 316.272 Exhaust systems, prevention of noise.--

(1) Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with an exhaust system in good working order and in constant operation, including muffler, manifold pipe, and tailpiping to prevent excessive or unusual noise. In no event shall an exhaust system allow noise at a level which exceeds a maximum decibel level to be established by regulation of the Department of Environmental Protection as provided in s. 403.061(11) in cooperation with the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. No person shall use a muffler cutout, bypass or similar device upon a vehicle on a highway.

(2) The engine and power mechanism of every motor vehicle shall be so equipped and adjusted as to prevent the escape of excessive fumes or smoke.

(3) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.
Only one I could find from this site.
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...TOKEN=68856514

Even though aftermarket was not mentioned it still gives the officer the power to write a ticket since the sound level is unestablished.

You could take a look at http://www.semasan.com/ and see if they are either fighting the law or convince them to help.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hire those ticket clinic guys and let them handle it. if he tried to threaten you or harass you, fight that idiot. remember, cops aren't always right even if they like to think so. a badge means d*ck as far as i'm concerned. if the law is on your side, you'll win. trust me. i've been to court at least 10 times over allegedly illegal mods and have yet to lose. or be sneaky, show up to court and tell the judge you removed the lights. that one works like a charm. good luck!

and btw, old cops are the worst!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know in PA that the sate law says no driving with UB lights on. Although, they are fine when you are parked.

I can't answer any questions about the exhaust. I just know that there are a lot of civics which I think should be fined for theirs, lol. Anyhow, anyone know how the law applies to LED parking lights? I ordered red ones...kind of regret it.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by mitchelltc1
I know in PA that the sate law says no driving with UB lights on. Although, they are fine when you are parked.

I can't answer any questions about the exhaust. I just know that there are a lot of civics which I think should be fined for theirs, lol. Anyhow, anyone know how the law applies to LED parking lights? I ordered red ones...kind of regret it.
i went to a meet last weekend and some of the cars there had colored parking lights. there was a cop there the whole time. he did nothin but jus stare. lol

u can have them, jus cant drive wit em
Old 09-21-2006, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i plan on getting my megan oe-rs exhaust installed tomorrow. thank God it's nowhere near as loud as yours, but if someone ever tries to give me crap about it i'm going to tell them that the two resonators are high-flow cats. i highly doubt cops will know the difference just by looking at them.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

HEY WELCOME TO THE PULLED OVER CLUB!
Old 09-21-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres waht a friend of mine found.....

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0316/SEC2397.HTM&Title=->2005->Ch0316->Section%202397#0316.2397

please read... red and blue are wrong!!!

also, all the guys in my club kad, all agree to go to court because its NOT illegal. i need that money to go to halloween horror nights!! lmao
Old 09-21-2006, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/...2397#0316.2397

(1) No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.

Green should be ok. It's not expressily prohibited. What statue did the officer cite you under? I can do research from there. It should say on the ticket. Also, this is a non-moving violation
Old 09-21-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

ffr

Quick Reply: I GOT PULLED OVER! LIGHTS/EXHAUST, SO I NEED UR HELP!