Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

?Installing Figure Grille?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a 07' BCP, I got a gloss black figure grille, and we did 8 zip ties on each one, no pics yet but soon...
Old 09-01-2007, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Good choice. I have the same Gloss Black FIG grilles. Love 'em!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 07ToOcOoLs
I have a 07' BCP, I got a gloss black figure grille, and we did 8 zip ties on each one, no pics yet but soon...
Aww U didnt even Listen to Me..I'm hurt!..U should of done 10 on top!!

Old 09-01-2007, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You dont need 10 on top I didnt want to have to drill too many holes on the bumper, plus my bf did it an hes the car guru, i cant wait till pay day, vrd fogs and trd springs are on their way!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 07ToOcOoLs
You dont need 10 on top I didnt want to have to drill too many holes on the bumper, plus my bf did it an hes the car guru, i cant wait till pay day, vrd fogs and trd springs are on their way!
Word of advice!...dont waste ur Money on the TRD Springs....Get the Eibach Pro-kit Springs...WHY?...they sit Slightly lower than the TRD's & are Cheaper!!...Plus everyone I know that has the TRD Springs regret getting them...

Then get the Progress Rear Sway Bar too....
Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Say what? I have the TRD springs and I regret nothing. I have the full TRD suspension package. The handling is awesome compared to stock, and the ride height is just right. I have still scraped a few driveways and hit the exhaust a couple of times, so anything lower would be a big headache. Any lower would also adversely affect handling.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i actually didn't drill any holes..i cut out my old grill and insert the fig grill in to the inside of the molding and ziptied it..fits perfect and has the same affect did it to the bottom as well..granted it takes alot longer but its worth it..no holes in my bumper
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 09-01-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TeeCizzle
Word of advice!...dont waste ur Money on the TRD Springs....Get the Eibach Pro-kit Springs...WHY?...they sit Slightly lower than the TRD's & are Cheaper!!...Plus everyone I know that has the TRD Springs regret getting them...

Then get the Progress Rear Sway Bar too....
Now that's some funny ish right there! I don't regret my TRD Springs one bit. They may not be 'low and cool' for some people, but for a daily driver they are perfect. Aggressive yet subtle.

At least you got the part about the Rear Sway right...
Old 09-18-2007, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys sorry to revive an older post but I'm having an issue with installing the Fig grills on my 08 BSP tC with no foglights.

I've read through the instructions and tried searching all over but how exactly do I take off the lower grill?? The instructions say that you just push in the tabs and it should pop in. Are there any screws on the 08 grill? I've tried doing this for like 20 minutes and I couldn't get it out.

I'm going to try again this weekend and take my time and remove the entire front bumper.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member

I actually just installed my fig grills on my 08 SW tC this afternoon and as scary as it sounds I just had to kinda hit the bottom grill with the side of my hand until it came off... it's not really "clipped" into place, it's just sorta stuck in the bumper. Once you get just a little part of it loose then the rest should be pretty easy.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the advice Adrian. This is my first mod to a car (de-badging doesn't really count ;) ) so I'm trying to be extra careful.

Were you able to get a drill in there to make holes for the ties without taking the bumper off? I'm a little squeamish about removing the bumper, although I may try the "hand-drill" method mentioned earlier in the thread.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member

The top grill is really easy to put on without taking off the bumper. I just drilled 6 holes (2 top, 2 top, 1 on each side) about 1/2" away from the opening of the bumper and slid the grill in and just zip tied it down. I will probably put 2 more ties on the top and bottom of the grill just to make sure it stays.

The bottom grill was much more difficult. I managed to squeeze my arms down infront of the radiator (it wasn't hot or anything like that) and just had to use my hands to install the zip ties.

I will try to take some pictures tomorrow if you need some.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I recommend the "hand drill" method (I guess that was my idea). I don't even think you could fit a drill down behind the bumper. It's hard enough just getting your hand in there to fasten the zip ties.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by RodC
I recommend the "hand drill" method (I guess that was my idea). I don't even think you could fit a drill down behind the bumper. It's hard enough just getting your hand in there to fasten the zip ties.
I was able to drill at an angle from the front of the bumper... and if I needed to then I would pull on the area where I was drilling just slightly to give me a better angle... Just an idea.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Search for a front bumper removal DIY. It's A LOT easier with the bumper off and shouldn't take you more than an hour to disassemble, pop out OEM grilles, drill holes, install FIG Grilles, reassemble. (And that's working s-l-o-w-l-y.)

Either way will work. I just prefer the convenience of having everything in front of me.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can get the bumper off in about 5 minutes now, but the first time took at least half an hour. It also takes longer to put it back on than it takes to take it off. So for a complete n00b, an hour is only enough time to remove and replace the bumper. Allow at least another hour in the middle for grille installation. Probably a two hour job.