Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Suicide Doors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Suicide Doors?

Anyone have any info on if there are suicide door kits out? I think it would be a nice touch to my TC. I see all kinds of VerticalDoorKits/Lambo kits, but no Suicide doors.

Can someone help me out? Thanks guys.

P.S.
Save the flaming if thats what you're here to do.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think any kits exist - nor has anyone tried. Generally you'd only suicide a 4 door (xB?) for the effect.

IMO, it would look funny and cost way too much to make the effort worth it. But good luck...
Old 01-25-2006, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I want to keep my tC relatively stock looking from the outside. I thought Suicide doors wouldn't be a bad idea. Guess I'd have to look into it more
Old 01-25-2006, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i thought abotu but it just wouldnt look right some one photoshopped it stick with vertical doors.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Plus, I would think it would be really hard to get in and out of when in tight parking spots. You would have to relocate the door handles as well in order to get enough leverage to open the heavy doors as well.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sucide doors I believe are different from vertical doors. The sucide doors are the ones that open opposite from the car.. You see that in oldy cars. The Vertical doors are the ones that go stright up. (Lambo doors) Lambo_TC or LamboTc has em. Was talking to him and hes got many pics he can show you.
I was also thinking about em but finding a hard time try to find someone to get em on. I called all the dealers and they dont wanna touch em. You void the doors and electrical system. Plus the doors start wearing after a while. Its a personal choice but they do look good.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

How reliable are Vertical doors? Do they sag after a while and not close the same?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

there are no "bolt-on" suicide door kits for any vehicle it is a completely custom one off affair.

dont worry about relocating the handles with the amount of custom fabrication involved you might as well shave them and get some poppers...
Old 01-25-2006, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i thought about this also. i wouldnt get them(too much money for me...) but they would be interesting to see. i think it might be a little easier to get out actually. the doors are very long and heavy as they are. if you had them suicided they could use the heavier and larger part of the door near the stock latch, you could use 2-3 hinges. making it very strong.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These are suicide doors
http://www.degeneratepress.com/thund...cide_doors.jpg

also
http://www.truckworld.com/Street-Sce..._door_open.jpg

But I guess everyone likes to call vertical doors suicide doors also. O well..
Old 01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by atodak
How reliable are Vertical doors? Do they sag after a while and not close the same?
I know what suicide doors are, my question was about vertical doors
Old 01-25-2006, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have often thought of this myself.... but adding a twist to them... if anyone saw the movie IROBOT with will smith.. the audi he was driving in the movie had suicide verticle doors so to speak....
meaning they not only opened like suicide doors.. they also went verticle.. which gave the car a very unique look..
Old 01-25-2006, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by _-Dark-_-Scion-_
Sucide doors I believe are different from vertical doors. The sucide doors are the ones that open opposite from the car.. You see that in oldy cars. The Vertical doors are the ones that go stright up. (Lambo doors) Lambo_TC or LamboTc has em. Was talking to him and hes got many pics he can show you.
I was also thinking about em but finding a hard time try to find someone to get em on. I called all the dealers and they dont wanna touch em. You void the doors and electrical system. Plus the doors start wearing after a while. Its a personal choice but they do look good.
Yeah I know my electrical system warranty will go down the hole, but, from what everyone says about the warranty in general it isnt too good anyways

And you say LamboTc has SUICIDE doors he can show me, on a tC? Or Lambo doors?

Thanks for the info guys
Old 01-26-2006, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xWuKo, LamboTc has vertical doors not suicide doors. Hes got many pics, just pm him, maybe hes come back. Last I heard he was on a trip. Or what you could do is just wait til the warrenty is over because anything can happen. Before I do anyhting crazy to my car, im just going to wait. All Im doing now is superfacial stuff. GL
Old 01-26-2006, 03:21 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

youd have to not only relocare door handles, but all of the electronics in the door. the speakers, the locks, the windows and the mirror. Definetely a bad idea IMO
Old 01-26-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone is trying to talk me in doing gull wing doors on the tC....persoanlly i dont see how it would work 1. tC doors are too have dont think the frame can support. 2 the tC doors are huge so wouldnt have room to open it. not really seeing how it would work.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

gull wing doors cant work on the tc because of the glass roof.. You would need to utilize as much of the roof as possible to mount the hinges for the doors.. IMO it would cost way more than it would be worth..
Old 01-27-2006, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Try this site... AutoLoc.com
I've gotten stuff from them before.. it should do the trick.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I had a friend suicide his Acura 2 door... What a pain. He hates that he did it and has had issues with getting out of the car. The expense was up in the thousands for the custom work. I don't think there are any kits out there except for the universal ones that bigger car owners use I.E. impalas and such. I have a vertical door kit that are adjustable. Every month or so I do adjust them because the weight of the door creates some sag. It just becomes another maint. item. for me. Easy to adjust with a allen wrench.

Old 01-28-2006, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
youd have to not only relocare door handles, but all of the electronics in the door. the speakers, the locks, the windows and the mirror. Definetely a bad idea IMO
i dont understand how the speakers and the mirrors and windows would have to be relocated... maybe im a complete moron. but it wouldnt be flipping the door. it would be the same door. the hinge would be on the other side, as would the latch. (flipped from current position.) the electronics would be rewired through the other part of the body. as far as opening, just use poppers. remove the door handles entirely from the outside.

im not saying it would be at all an easy task. i just feel it could be done for a bit of money. and might look way ____in hot.

Quick Reply: Suicide Doors?