Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Suicide Doors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 07:08 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by AuditoryCheesecake
Originally Posted by TheQuietThings
youd have to not only relocare door handles, but all of the electronics in the door. the speakers, the locks, the windows and the mirror. Definetely a bad idea IMO
i dont understand how the speakers and the mirrors and windows would have to be relocated... maybe im a complete moron. but it wouldnt be flipping the door. it would be the same door. the hinge would be on the other side, as would the latch. (flipped from current position.) the electronics would be rewired through the other part of the body. as far as opening, just use poppers. remove the door handles entirely from the outside.

im not saying it would be at all an easy task. i just feel it could be done for a bit of money. and might look way flippin' hot.
ok, i didnt explain myself clearly. sorry for that.

what i meant to say is most of the wiring would have to be re-ran through another part of the car.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by xWuko
Originally Posted by _-Dark-_-Scion-_
Sucide doors I believe are different from vertical doors. The sucide doors are the ones that open opposite from the car.. You see that in oldy cars. The Vertical doors are the ones that go stright up. (Lambo doors) Lambo_TC or LamboTc has em. Was talking to him and hes got many pics he can show you.
I was also thinking about em but finding a hard time try to find someone to get em on. I called all the dealers and they dont wanna touch em. You void the doors and electrical system. Plus the doors start wearing after a while. Its a personal choice but they do look good.
Yeah I know my electrical system warranty will go down the hole, but, from what everyone says about the warranty in general it isnt too good anyways

And you say LamboTc has SUICIDE doors he can show me, on a tC? Or Lambo doors?

Thanks for the info guys
actually u can get away with lambo doors w/o voided ur warranty if u go to the dealership for installation..but that would cost a crap load of money