Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Undercarriage Problem...Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Undercarriage Problem...Suggestions?

Alright so I'm on Hotchkis springs, and the other day I was in a hurry and pulled up to the post office, and I wasn't paying enough attention to the curb and I pulled up too close to it. Being lowered the curb was higher than the bottom of my bumper, so it rubbed up on it. When I got out to see how bad it was I saw that there were some minor scratches on the bottom and those two tabs in the middle that connect to the undercarriage had snapped off.

I know the only way to replace them is to get a new bumper, which isn't really an option right now, so I just detached them from the undercarriage and assumed it'd be ok for a while.

Driving to work the other day I hear the sound of the undercarriage having been pushed down below the bumper because of the force of the wind, so it was now lightly dragging the ground. I pulled over and pushed it back up inside the lip of the bumper and continued to work, trying to think of a more permanent solution.

I hadn't thought of one yet, and hadn't had any problems since, until today when the same thing happened. But I was running too late to work to pull over this time so I just went for it. But then I went over a slight lip on an overpass bridge and it knocked the undercarriage in such a way that it was now bent back and dragging even worse. So I pulled over and pushed it back up. By now much of the plastic has been worn off and there is a small hole and it looks pretty bad, but not irreparable.

It popped out once more on my way but by then I was so close to work that I would just wait until I pulled up to look at it again. Looks about the same, but now I'm not sure what to do for a solution. The only thing i can think of right now is to use some duct tape so I'll see how that goes, but if anyone has any other suggestions it would be appreciated.

I'll post some pictures later, I know this sort of thing is easier to judge with pictures.

Thanks fellas
Old 01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

i dont think we have an undercarriage.....

but duct tape works miracles, also you coult try screws and bolts to hold it together

just in case im thinking of the wrong thing, post some pics of the damage!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

You could just take 'em off....
Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i mean the black plastic crap that is under the engine bay that connects to the bumper

i'll post some pics here when i get home
Old 01-30-2008, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Yeah, just remove the parts.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

dont remove it, use zip ties. it gets bad when you remove them. trust me i havent had mine for almost 2 years now and i wish i still had them