Notices
Scion tC 1G Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Wheel problems...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member

Default Wheel problems...

I bought my 05' Scion Tc special edition (#1225) on May 17. I love the car. My only complaint is the wheels. my front drivers' side tire kept going flat during the night. 4 trips to the dealer later it is no longergoing flat but it is not holding air as it should (one of those trips back to the dealer was to have them put the newly remounted unidirectional tire back on but going the right direction!!) So since then my low tire light no loger works. But the kicker happened last night. I was driving home from work on the free way when I looked in my rear view mirrior to make sure there was not a car next to me so I could switch lanes. While I was looking in the rear view I hit a pot hole. Not a huge one but large enough to make me wince. My tires begin to make a noise so I exit the freeway to take a look. Both the front and rear passangers tires looked low so I called the roadside assistance to pick it up. An hour an a half later my car was retrieved and taken to the dealer. I got the news today that My front rim is cracked and my rear is bent. I am SSSSSSOOOO angry. I can noy understand how one pothole could have done so much damage. I am wondering if there is some sort of manufactoring defect? Has anyone had this or heard of this happening only after having the car for 21/2 months?!? I soon will be forced to pay the $800 to have my wheels replaced. Luckily the tires are okay!
Old 07-29-2005, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't had this problem with my stock wheels, the wheels that i currently now have on my tC, or with any other oem wheel on any car i had before, its probably just a bad batch that found their way being mounted onto your car...

look at it on the bright side you get to shop for better looking rims now, i never took a liking onto those rs 1.0 wheels anyways