Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

'05 Scion tC clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 03:40 AM

Default '05 Scion tC clutch issues

My car would not go into gear the other day and I'm not sure why. I sat there and pumped the clutch a bunch trying to build up pressure for it to work. I shut the car off to make sure that it wasn't my actual clutch pedal messing up and the car started when I pushed the clutch.
I finally was able to get it into gear and get home. I thought about it being the master cylinder or even the slave cylinder messing up. I checked the reservoir and I had fluid in it at that time and I checked it again earlier and it still had fluid in it so I know I'm not leaking fluid.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-10-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Moderator
Old 01-10-2018, 08:40 PM
SL Member

I had my Jeep Liberty 6spd do that a couple months ago, not sure if it was the master or slave that failed. Lucky the only replacements are sealed master/slave with line already bench bled. Our Nissan's also act the same way and are a huge pain to get bled correctly. If you can get or build a pressure bleeder it makes the job so much easier.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Y2KG20
I had my Jeep Liberty 6spd do that a couple months ago, not sure if it was the master or slave that failed. Lucky the only replacements are sealed master/slave with line already bench bled. Our Nissan's also act the same way and are a huge pain to get bled correctly. If you can get or build a pressure bleeder it makes the job so much easier.
The Scions have one reservoir for both the brakes and the clutch so I'm going to have to bleed both the brakes and the clutch to replace both the cylinders
Old 01-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Administrator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Administrator

Originally Posted by CaptainCowlick
The Scions have one reservoir for both the brakes and the clutch so I'm going to have to bleed both the brakes and the clutch to replace both the cylinders

You may find this DIY article helpful:

DIY: Scion tC - Master Cylinder Swap

MR_LUV