Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

aem intake finished

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellot00tr
of course aem wants to make money from the scion. it's just not up to aem. it's toyota's call. they would sell the part and back up the part with their warranty. so if toyota won't sell the part and it still becomes available-who cares. the whole point is to get the warranty. otherwise you could get the K&N or wait for injen or whoever else to come out with their cai.
yep, if an AEM CAI comes out via scion or just though selling it by AEM, and it is CARB legal, i would definately think the warantee would still be intact.

It would probably be cheaper too if scion didn't sell it though their dealerships.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Claifornia sucks!! Send it to hell!!!
Old 04-02-2005, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can't we use a camrey intake?
Old 04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i doubt it maybe a short ram but a camrey cold air intake probly wont bend in to the wheel well.

but i would just buy the K&N rather then waisting the money and finding out it didnt fit
Old 04-02-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by SupaWhiteTc
Claifornia sucks!! Send it to hell!!!
first lets learn how to spell, and I dont think its a bad idea to have more strict emissions. Look at LA for example.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the reason that toyota wouldn't warranty them even if they do come from aem is because they would have to do the install. that way they could rape us for $90 an hour for labor. who knows-it might come out thru aem, but why bother unless u can get the warranty. from what i've heard, it's only giving like 3-4 hp probably 3. and that was from a dealer. so for that kinda number, price, and no warranty anyways, if u really want cai might as well get the k&n(which is short ram and cai, then just put on the bypass valve) or wait for injen or iceman or whoever to put there's out. remember-the tc hasn't been out even a year. other companies will be putting parts out. just taking forever.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the K&N is not Short ram and cold air.

If you look up the CAI for the tC on k&N's site, it says "Cold air intake".

Where as the one for the SRT4 for example says "Complete cold air intake".

K&N defines "Complete Cold Air Intake" as short ram as well as cold air configurations... The description for the tC does not say that.

I think that it 'technically' can be set up that way, but was not designed for that application.

Im going to buy the K&N. If I DID hydrolock (which im more than certain would never happen), I would just put the stock intake back on and take it to the dealership.

That K&N is just way cooler than the Weapon r. Plus alot of people have the k&n, if hydrolocking was an issue, im sure it would have happened to somebody already.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am kind of partial to Injen. I had racing division injen CAI on my eclipse, my friend had a short ram Injen on his n/a supra. They have always yeilded pretty good results. I wonder how it will compare to the K&N....
Old 04-06-2005, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has anybody thrown a CEL or any other problems from the K&N?

Man I am ____ed. I wonder if scion will take my car back because of this bait and switch bull____.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by motozen
has anybody thrown a CEL or any other problems from the K&N?

Man I am ____ed. I wonder if scion will take my car back because of this bait and switch bull____.
Why dont we wait until we get an actual answer from a reliable source before taking our car back??? My dealer has heard nothing of this, and still has standing orders for the intake.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

From what I have heard, and this might be a far shot, but supposedly dealerships are no longer supposed to install parts that would change the EPA of a vehical. Also I just got off the phone with a sales rep from AEM and they said that the part isnt available, that it is on "back order". I say forget it and go with the K&N.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member

I just got off of an online chat on the Scion site. They say they do not have a date as of yet, but the AEM is still pending CARB approval. It did not fail as mentioned before. They are still pending release, and the orders to the dealerships are still good. And a side note, they did confirm that the Supercharger release is expected in the fall, not the spring.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but is't the K&N Cool Air Intake two pieces. Therefore it can be "switched" from a CAI to a short ram intake by removing the lower CIA part and re-clamping the filter on the short end. This is what I did on my old CIA during the rainy seasons here in FL.