Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Alternator not charging battery

Old 06-05-2015, 07:56 PM

Default Alternator not charging battery

Hey guys , im kinda stuck here.. My battery died so i thought it was alternator so i changed it out with a new one and still doesnt charge the battery. The battery is brand new too .. I brought the old alternator in and got it checked and it was actually good .. I also have the brake and ABS lights on my dash and i cant pull it out of park.. My brake light do work though .. I feel its related.. Since its not a bad alternator what should i look for next on why its not charging the battery? I checked the 120v fuse and it was fine.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member

Check all of the fuses and your grounds.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:05 PM

Default hellllp

Originally Posted by JoeyBishop View Post
Hey guys , im kinda stuck here.. My battery died so i thought it was alternator so i changed it out with a new one and still doesnt charge the battery. The battery is brand new too .. I brought the old alternator in and got it checked and it was actually good .. I also have the brake and ABS lights on my dash and i cant pull it out of park.. My brake light do work though .. I feel its related.. Since its not a bad alternator what should i look for next on why its not charging the battery? I checked the 120v fuse and it was fine.

did you ever figure out what was wrong