Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Autometer Narrowband to Wideband Converter - Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
Originally Posted by lo_bux_racer
Corky's book won't tell you the things you need to know about the original design, but you are right, if you want to turbo anything, it's a great tome. And when I said car, I meant the whole car, not just the engine. There are sections on the engine design, chassis design, body design, and "body electrical" covering all the ancillary systems. It's amazing what you can learn about the car from the factory documentation.
I agree. I just wanted to plug Corky lol
rather than edit that to not sound like a homersexual, i will leave it so you guys get a good laugh.

p.s. i like women
Old 09-14-2005, 01:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol..and apparently the mentally challeged boy from "life goes on"...i think that was the show.

edit...maybe you meant chris kataan:

ok..im done..back on topic.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Originally Posted by mattssi
but how do you use that gauge if the voltage output is still not 0-5v?
Why won't the narrow band gauges work on the S pipe narrow band sensor (besides doing the antifouler mod to stop the CEL, which then throws it off)

I'm wondering if I could use the wideband 02 sensor sent with the M-300 Bosch controller and remove the stock one. Or do I need to add another bung and run a dedicated sensor that is sent with the M-300 controller? Or can I just tap onto our stock wideband sensor and not use the sensor sent with the kit?
SOmewhere on the plxdevices page, they have a how-to for replacing an existing o2 sensor w/ the wideband one. I should have done this on the lex, but I had an additional bung welded.

THe reason I say this is the car had 4 02 sensors originally, 2 were removed w/ the turbo kit install, and one went bad. All the wiring was done in the ecu to read the one o2 sensor to keep the cel off. As long as it worked and the heater circuit worked, my cel was off. So in retrospect, I could have made the wiring changes at the beginning and replaced the 1 bad o2 sensore w/ the wideband one. sweeet
Old 09-14-2005, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://plxdevices.com/AppNotes/PLXApp004.pdf
Old 09-14-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
but how do you use that gauge if the voltage output is still not 0-5v?
Why won't the narrow band gauges work on the S pipe narrow band sensor (besides doing the antifouler mod to stop the CEL, which then throws it off)

I'm wondering if I could use the wideband 02 sensor sent with the M-300 Bosch controller and remove the stock one. Or do I need to add another bung and run a dedicated sensor that is sent with the M-300 controller? Or can I just tap onto our stock wideband sensor and not use the sensor sent with the kit?
SOmewhere on the plxdevices page, they have a how-to for replacing an existing o2 sensor w/ the wideband one. I should have done this on the lex, but I had an additional bung welded.

THe reason I say this is the car had 4 02 sensors originally, 2 were removed w/ the turbo kit install, and one went bad. All the wiring was done in the ecu to read the one o2 sensor to keep the cel off. As long as it worked and the heater circuit worked, my cel was off. So in retrospect, I could have made the wiring changes at the beginning and replaced the 1 bad o2 sensore w/ the wideband one. sweeet
That is sweet....