Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Car Starts, Won't Move, Loose Shifter?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 10:29 PM

Unhappy Car Starts, Won't Move, Loose Shifter?!

Sooooo, something interesting happened today as I was getting ready to meet up with a friend. Got in my car, started it. Shifted into reverse and noticed how much "play" there was in my shifter, like I can literally move it around in circles. So whatever, I gave it gas and the car moved absolutely nowhere. There are no grinding noises. I do want to say I have a short shifter from TWM and solid base bushings and I changed the clutch line. Had this short shifter for about 2 years. Also wanted to note that about 2 months ago, I took the car in for the engine rebuild under the recall we had for the oil consumption. The mechanic at Toyota did me a favor and took apart my clutch to check the condition of it, and he said it looked great. I have a Competition Clutch kit and new flywheel. Had this for about 2 or 3 years as well. Any ideas as to wtf is going on?
Old 08-05-2017, 11:47 PM

Update: was trying to upload a video onto here, but it's not working. So far from looking up different issues with the tC's, it's looking like it could be a broken shift linkage. I'll be getting it looked at tomorrow morning. Anyone else have experience with this issue?