Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Car won't go into gear after replacing Clutch Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 10:52 PM

Default Car won't go into gear after replacing Clutch Master Cylinder

Hey guys,

My 2005 Scion tC won't get into gear and I would really appreciate any advice or help with the situation. Here's the background story:

My clutch would stay depressed when I press it so I figured it's time for a new slave and clutch master cylinder, and so I replaced both and bled the system. Now it just won't get into gear, and I would have to manually press down the starter switch because my clutch does not even reach it when I press it down all the way. I have the clutch master cylinder on the first couple of threads by the way (the part that is connected to the pedal with a pin to the shaft of the CMC).
Also, when it did go into gear before this problem occurred, it would catch it immediately (if that information helps at all), are these all a sign of a new clutch itself may be needed? I'm not sure and if anyone knows any idea of why these problems are occurring and how to solve it, it would be a huge help.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you bleed the master cylinder correctly? You have to "bench bleed" this unit BEFORE connecting the line to the slave, and then bleed the whole system I believe.

Check out these vid's

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...nder&FORM=VDRE

Let us know if you get it going and what you did.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:53 PM

Default Update? Amsoil gear oil?

I'm curious...having similar issues. Replaced both. Replaced clutch and fly wheel. Steel the same. Considering changing to amsoil synthetic gear oil? I can get it to engage now, but really mechanical feeling while going between gears. Often times I can't go into reverse without it grinding.