CEL On - Scionlife.com

Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 09-05-2018, 04:12 PM   #1  
SL Member

Default CEL On

So I posted a couple weeks ago about the Check Engine Light coming on and it was for ther Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor or the thermostat. But I figured it couldn’t be for the thermostat since I wasn’t overheating. So I changed out the ECT twice since after changing the first time it can back on again so I thought it was a defect. So the CEL is back on again. So now my question is could it be the thermostat? Or another defect ECT sensor?

Thanks ahead!

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post YourQuestion

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

How to Turn Off The CEL..How To Diagnose Your Check Engine Light For Free

Last edited by MR_LUV; 09-05-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Savidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #2  
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Most likely it's the thermostat. I remember reading on this site years ago people changing them out because of a particular problem. I dont remember if it was tripping the CEL or something else but I know it was an annoyance for some.
xdejablu3x is offline   Reply With Quote