Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

The COMPREHENSIVE thread on NST (NonStopTuning) Pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The NST Underdrive Crank Pulley would provide more of a performance gain, if you are either naturally aspirated or turbocharged.

Otherwise you can keep your crank pulley and add the NST Alternator and Water Pump Pulley Kit if you'd like to add some extra performance gains.

Good luck and have fun with all your projects!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any other user reviews, comments, or feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm getting a LOT of stuff from you guys at the end of this semester (I get all my service awards then)... anyway I could get a discount for ordering so much? *wink wink* I'll be getting the:

Underdriven pulley set (3)
Battery tie-down
Power steering fluid cap
Front strut bar
Rear strut bar (possibly)

And I already have your shifter cable bushings... if I hadn't gotten the Megan short shifter and cage bushings and the Ingalls ETD when I did I'd have gotten them from you guys as well. Love NST!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

just bought a NST CRlite crank pulley! suppose to be here on thursday, will install on the weekend and post results asap!

i have no doubt that i will be satisfied!!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

We've had many different NST pulleys on our road race car. There have been zero problems, and they've performed flawlessly. We're talking now close to 10,000 race miles, spinning constantly between 5,000 and 7,200 rpm! Whether you're trying to up the boost on your supercharger, lower weight, and/ or underdrive your accessories, these are quality pieces that will more than fit the bill.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:38 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by adg016
We've had many different NST pulleys on our road race car. There have been zero problems, and they've performed flawlessly. We're talking now close to 10,000 race miles, spinning constantly between 5,000 and 7,200 rpm! Whether you're trying to up the boost on your supercharger, lower weight, and/ or underdrive your accessories, these are quality pieces that will more than fit the bill.
Thank you sir!!!
And for those who may not know, Mr. Dan Gardner is the driver of one of the most record setting Scions in racing history!

This man knows what he is talking about, and is more often than not the first to reach the checkered flag!

Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So, just to clarify for when I do make my order... if I'm aiming for the best performance (from the engine to the wheels) possible, I'd want the underdriven crank, the 20% overdriven alt, and the WP-lite, correct?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just underdrive everything. =)
Old 02-14-2009, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've had the full set (crank/water/alternator) on for over 30k miles and have never had an issue.

BTW, underdriving everything would further take away from creature comforts. freakin race car dan

but i guess it's not really an issue of you don't use your AC and stuff...
Old 02-14-2009, 01:06 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SF2K4
So, just to clarify for when I do make my order... if I'm aiming for the best performance (from the engine to the wheels) possible, I'd want the underdriven crank, the 20% overdriven alt, and the WP-lite, correct?
This would be the ideal kit for a (naturally aspirated or turbo) car that spends the majority of its life on the street, and may see a track day or two once in a while.

If the car is TRD Supercharged it should use the CR-Lite Crank instead of the Underdrive Crank Pulley.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cars have A/C???
Old 02-14-2009, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NonStopTuning
This would be the ideal kit for a (naturally aspirated or turbo) car that spends the majority of its life on the street, and may see a track day or two once in a while.

If the car is TRD Supercharged it should use the CR-Lite Crank instead of the Underdrive Crank Pulley.

Currently N/A... plan to go turbo but not for a while, lol... so that would be the idea street/track kit?
Old 02-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NonStopTuning

Currently N/A... plan to go turbo but not for a while, lol... so that would be the idea street/track kit?
As you stated yourself... the best kit would be the following...
NST02020 Underdrive Crank Pulley + NST02025K Alternator & WP-Lite KIT.

Old 02-14-2009, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ARGH!!! If only I had the money now!

Soon... very soon...
Old 02-14-2009, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

That is what I have on my n/a set up right now. It is nice. I have had it on my car 20K plus still going strong. You will like them when you get them.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i've had my NST CR LITE pulley installed for almost 4 months now and let me tell you it is the best upgrade i have ever done..its one of the few mods that you can actually feel a difference. no intake or exhaust can do that!!! acceleration/torque improve, and the TC just becomes a more livelier car (especially coz i'm automatic lols). its the most cost effective modification in my opinion. i'm planning to get the water pump next but i wasn't sure if it would make alot of difference like this mod did..i want to stay away from the alternator pulley only because you have to change your belt..but if there was an oem sized version i would definitely get it! NST FTW!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ground_assault
i've had my NST CR LITE pulley installed for almost 4 months now and let me tell you it is the best upgrade i have ever done..its one of the few mods that you can actually feel a difference. no intake or exhaust can do that!!! acceleration/torque improve, and the TC just because a more livelier car (especially coz i'm automatic lols). its the most cost effective modification in my opinion. i'm planning to get the water pump next but i wasn't sure if it would make alot of difference like this mod did..i want to stay away from the alternator pulley only because you have to change your belt..but if there was an oem sized version i would definitely get it! NST FTW!!!
Thank you for the kind words!!! We certainly do appreciate them.

Just FYI... The ALT & WP-LITE Pulleys are compatible with your OEM belt. No need to change your belt if you decide to go with these pulleys.

The ONLY pulley that would require a belt change would be the Underdrive Crank Pulley. No other pulley requires a belt change.

Thanks again, good luck and have fun with all your projects!

Old 02-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by My07Tc
That is what I have on my n/a set up right now. It is nice. I have had it on my car 20K plus still going strong. You will like them when you get them.
Glad to hear it
Old 02-16-2009, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If your car is a serious track car, do ask Mike about the underdrive WP and Alt pullies. Street-only...not really necessary.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by adg016
If your car is a serious track car, do ask Mike about the underdrive WP and Alt pullies. Street-only...not really necessary.
so are you saying that i wouldn't feel a difference like did when i installed the crank pulley? i just want to know if it is worth it or not..my car is an everyday driver but maybe after i get a supercharger i would like to take it down to the track..maybe race against some other automatics lolz

Quick Reply: The COMPREHENSIVE thread on NST (NonStopTuning) Pulleys