Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Do all headers sound raspy for the tC?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by dsil06tc
Once you add the resonator it makes a world of a difference. I had on my tC the DC Sports 4-2-1 Header. I am selling it for $150 or best offer if your interested. I installed a turbo so have no use for it right now. But at my work we sell the Magnaflow Resonator for about $70 bucks. This is the same one I installed and it definitely quieted it down a whole bunch. Before it sounded like a 03 Civic with a fart can on it. After it sounded like a nice deep rich tone to it. It was well worth it in my opinion. If your interested PM me and ill work out a good deal for you. Heres some pics of what I had.
Wat? There is no such thing, and you even have a picture right there!

OP- header=rasp
Old 08-18-2009, 07:23 PM
SL Member

On my old tC I had MMW headers (4-2-1), Megan Racing Midpipe, and Greddy Ti-C Axelback... Rasp was pretty bad, but it pulled much harder in the mid-range RPM's... I would highlyyyy reccommend buying another resonator for the midpipe... Don't wanna sound like a riced out Civic!!
Old 08-18-2009, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whatever you want to call the DC Sports header (4-2-1, 4-1, fake 4-2-1, banana sandwich), it still puts the power in the midrange. DC Sports just happens to use the 4-2-1 term in their product description.

I will agree that header is a good start for a raspy car without resonators or stock midpipe.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member

I have a Strup 4-1 header, stock mid pipe and trd axle back.. sounds pretty good I think. I also have an E-Cut so it is loud when it is open!
Old 08-19-2009, 06:43 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jdub86
Sometimes you need to sacrifice sound for performance.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jdub86
Sometimes you need to sacrifice sound for performance.
That would be great...If aftermarket headers actually gave decent gains which they dont.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want gains, then save up for a different platform or a turbo kit. What ever happened to modifying your car for the fun of it?

It's more than a bunch of numbers.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:38 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by kuo34
If you want gains, then save up for a different platform or a turbo kit. What ever happened to modifying your car for the fun of it?

x2

Last edited by socleantc; 08-19-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Quoted twice
Old 08-20-2009, 07:49 PM

i think megans louder but dc sports not so bad anyways whats the point of keeping it down if your putting headers in let people know what you got !
Old 08-21-2009, 04:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by venomtc08
anyways whats the point of keeping it down if your putting headers in let people know what you got !

Would you rather hear a song played by an orchestra? or the passing of gas from some ones rear orafice???

Plus, if you want loud raspy crap, just poke a hole in your catalidic converter, or better yet just take the muffler off and let it stop at the cat(what i did to my S-10 back in the day)... its much cheaper than adding headders....
Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i just did all my exhaust piece by piece... when i added the header, it added a TINY bit of rasp only when i revved real hard.... i then removed my midpipe, which was the last remaining stock piece and replaced it with the tsudo midpipe, with a resonator... and now its like a i just unleashed a loud and crazy monster... its crazy and im not thrilled at all... but thats what u get...
Old 08-22-2009, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazyjvilled
well i just did all my exhaust piece by piece... when i added the header, it added a TINY bit of rasp only when i revved real hard.... i then removed my midpipe, which was the last remaining stock piece and replaced it with the tsudo midpipe, with a resonator... and now its like a i just unleashed a loud and crazy monster... its crazy and im not thrilled at all... but thats what u get...

lol, crazy huh? I think tsudo makes their products to be "noisy"... You may want to swap out the resonator for a more reputable brand.?.. Or, try putting your stock head back on and see what it sounds like.. What are the other parts that you have????
Old 08-31-2009, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its this train of thought that brings us cars like this...
Old 08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by scuds03
That would be great...If aftermarket headers actually gave decent gains which they dont.
that says it best
Old 09-23-2009, 05:27 PM

personally, the best way to change your headers and sound amazing is turbocharge your tc im completely satisfied with mine and its not loud or annoying anymore, the sound is pure power
Old 09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I actually had weapon r intake/ dc header/ injen axle back and it was raspy as hell....

now i have ebay bs intake/ tsudo catback and it is still pretty loud...point of this is that at the end of the day once you put on a header be prepared for rasp in one way shape or form....

the only nice FULL setup (intake/header/catback) i have ever heard on a car was in a celica gts...i have yet to hear a nice deep sound like that on a tc....
Old 09-24-2009, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had a strup (4-1), invidia downpipe, megan midpipe, and hks axleback and it was ridiculously raspy. then i swapped my midpipe with my stock one and no rasp. only a little when i first start my car but once it warms up its gone
Old 09-25-2009, 12:37 AM

it sounds nice if yal have a P-Tunning CatBack Exhast ^_^
Old 09-25-2009, 12:38 AM

P.S i need headers anyone selling anything??? lol
Old 09-30-2009, 06:07 PM

lol i just gave some away for free becase the headers turned colors. they were megan headers, and def added horsepower. raced stock tcs with it all the time and made a difference after 70mph

Quick Reply: Do all headers sound raspy for the tC?