Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Header and Exhaust!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Header and Exhaust!?!?!?!

Alright, I'm kinda dead set on getting the DC sport header. Im looking for a nice full exhaust that would match up to it. I was thinking about the MagnaFlow exhaust, or even the Creative Compact full custom exhaust. Im just lost when it comes to exhausts. If anyone could help that would be great, and if the DC sport header is a good choice? Any info would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whatever you decide on make sure to add a resonator. I had rasp w/ stock exhaust and the AW header. I added a 30" peforated core resonator today and it eliminated all of the rasp. The stock resonator cant handle the extra flow of a header.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive heared reports of the DC header rusting. the best one would probably be the MMW one, but its pricey. the 2nd best and probably best for the cash is Alphawerks. good luck on the exhaust since i thinking everybody running a header and exhaust seem to have a raspy tone
Old 12-27-2005, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

I don't have rasp.... it all depends on mufflers.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wedrivescions has posted now where is zero? Lol
Well if zero were here he would say creative compacts exhaust inserts is another solution
Old 12-27-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

LoL.... the trend is noticed!!!!

This is WeDriveScions and Zero... summed up....

V

This Simbol(Yin-Yang) represents the ancient Chinese understanding of how things work. The outer circle represents "everything", while the black and white shapes within the circle represent the interaction of two energies, called "yin" (black) and "yang" (white), which cause everything to happen. They are not completely black or white, just as things in life are not completely black or white, and they cannot exist without each other.
While "yin" would be dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, and weak, "yang" would be bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, and strong. The shape of the yin and yang sections of the symbol, actually gives you a sense of the continual movement of these two energies, yin to yang and yang to yin, causing everything to happen: just as things expand and contract, and temperature changes from hot to cold.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unfortunately I didnt have the same luck as WDS and still got lots of rasp with the PM axleback. I went back to stock for the time being and ended up adding a resonator today which eliminated all the rasp.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

< Confused.... could the alphawerks vs. megan make a difference?
Old 12-27-2005, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it really does. You have short primaries into a long collector with your Megan header where the AW has long primaries with a very short collector. Its got to make some difference since most AW users have rasp and the Megan users dont complain as much.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by VoLktc
ive heared reports of the DC header rusting. the best one would probably be the MMW one, but its pricey. the 2nd best and probably best for the cash is Alphawerks. good luck on the exhaust since i thinking everybody running a header and exhaust seem to have a raspy tone
I literally know no one that has had a dc sports header that rusted. Mine has been on mine for about 10,000 miles now and i have had zero signs of rust. AW vibrates against itself so i hear, so it would be raspy even with a resonator. I've heard a few people tack weld the header in specific places and the rasp is virtually none existant. At any rate, dc sport is going to be my recommendation, they are a great company and their headers respond well with other mods. Not to mention, their bends are pretty good as well especially compared to cheap alternatives. (not all, some)

When you say full, are you talking header to tip or are you talking cat back? Unless you are f/i, do not run larger than 2.25'' piping, actually, thats a near perfect size for n/a people. If you want to go custom, i would recommend a universal Jic or HKS and then do the piping. I would suggest another company, but i don't want anyone taking my ideas.

Cya
Old 12-27-2005, 09:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator
Unfortunately I didnt have the same luck as WDS and still got lots of rasp with the PM axleback. I went back to stock for the time being and ended up adding a resonator today which eliminated all the rasp.

...Well you could try the CC exhaust inserts...worth a shot and its fairly cheap. Thats the only other thing I could think as a possible solution...
Hopefully it works.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Beantowntc
Well if zero were here he would say creative compacts exhaust inserts is another solution
Sorry I was late...
But creative compacts has nothing to do with the exhaust inserts.

CarChemistry is the maker. Hense the CC.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Instigator
AW users have rasp and the Megan users dont complain as much.
Im running megan header and spipe but i wrapped both with thermotec exhaust wrap and painted them with high temp exhaust paint by duplicolor. o btw im using stock exhaust.

mine doesnt rasp like a bee and its really quiet unless i floor it. my rasp is bearable
Old 12-27-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
Sorry I was late...
But creative compacts has nothing to do with the exhaust inserts.

CarChemistry is the maker. Hense the CC.
oops
Old 12-27-2005, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The dc rust issue needs to be proven. I've heard people say it rust but have never seen a pic of a rusted dc header. That's my only reasoning behind wanting to get the aw over the dc, especially if the dc has less rasp, the performance difference is not much between the two.....
Old 12-27-2005, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The dc rust issue needs to be proven. I've heard people say it rust but have never seen a pic of a rusted dc header. That's my only reasoning behind wanting to get the aw over the dc, especially if the dc has less rasp, the performance difference is not much between the two.....

i have seen small rust spots on dc headers and i have also seen the ceramic chipping off of them but all in all there still great headers
Old 12-27-2005, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Concept in Motion Crew
SL Member

so the general opinion on the megan racing headers is a good one??

I was planning on getting them but they just seem to good to be true... the price is great for headers!!! 150 shipped!!!!
Old 12-27-2005, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

$150 where?
Old 12-27-2005, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

There was a post in the classifieds section about really cheap megan headers....
Old 12-27-2005, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06_t_cizzle
so the general opinion on the megan racing headers is a good one??

I was planning on getting them but they just seem to good to be true... the price is great for headers!!! 150 shipped!!!!
Personally, i wouldn't buy Megan headers but, the few people i know that have didn't have any major problems.

Cya

Quick Reply: Header and Exhaust!?!?!?!