Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Help with Turbo plus Spip

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member

Default Help with Turbo plus Spip

Hey guys I am getting ready to buy my turbo kit this mouth only problem is I was doing alot of research and I can't pick between a Greddy turbo kit or a Turbonetics kit I know that with greddy you use a engine management and with turbonetics you use a unchip engine management now to tell you the turth I am not really sure of the difference I asked around different places and they tell me different things so the only thing that can come to mind is scionlife no one knows better for tC then your guys! i am also not if I should go with an Megan Racing Downpipe or a Invidia downpipe....Please help me out on picking a kit and Spip for my tC thanks alot for your time and help!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For the S-pipe: The Megan is a good unit, I have one. The invidia also has a good reputation, so you really can't go wrong. Buy the cheapest one. Check out www.wesellcarparts.com and try to get in touch with Dan, he can get some good deals.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

1UP Crew
SL Member

Ive got the Greddy kit but for a long time was looking at the T-netics kit. Reason i went with Greddy, Couldnt find anyone near by that could tune the unichip for me. And since greddy was cheaper and an emanage tune was readily avalible, the decision was made. Only thing, Greddys kit is missing a BOV... youll have to get it apart from the kit and the fuel option. When buying your kit, dont forget the Gauges. =o) As for the S-pipe, I hear either is good... cheapest ftw! =o)