Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

how i will kill rasp

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default how i will kill rasp

im ordering a megan header for now untill it warms up and i can sit and take the time to make my header. just to let you guys know there is a place that is doing 120 shipped on these things

but any ways to combat the rasp im going to order one of these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-T...22892536QQrdZ1

i have been looking for the real mugen one but cant seem to find it (i know mugen on a toyot would be odd lol but this thing makes rasp tastic d16's sound like a tc with a injen ehxuast) im going to cut the ugly tip off and weld more pipe from there so that this is hidden under the car and put a tip that looks stock or maybe even a borla intercooled tip

this is the only pic of the mugen one i can find

i will order all of this next friday and will do the install and get sound clips up the day i get them
Old 12-21-2005, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i that looks like a Hp killer, i just killed rasp yesterday. I did a custom 2.5 piping from 2nd car to magnaflow muffler...well the rasp was so bad after 2.2 rpm i couldnt take it so i went to a muffler shop yesterday and added a much needed resonator. (ill post sound clip 2 night) Once i turned on the car i revved it up to 4k rpm and rasp was almost gone. I mean there was still a little bit but a 70% was gone only problem was my exhaust is A LOT softer
Old 12-21-2005, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah my 2.5 inch is nice now im going to install the header and if its not bad add this on my buddy civic he need sit lol but the mugen one still gets gains on civics and adds a decent amount of low end tourq to just to bad i cant find the real one
Old 12-21-2005, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

Will that fit under there?????

Gosh, the extent you go to, just to avoid buying a precisionmuffler axleback! LoL
Old 12-21-2005, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have a 2.5 bent up and installed now i m ust going to redo the rear half i dont want the crush bent precision one its not realy that is crush bent just not a fan of the sound it makes and yes i heared it my buddy has it
Old 12-21-2005, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and as far as the fitment thing ill get back to you on that lol
Old 12-21-2005, 06:53 PM

wow that muffler looks really long, It may have to exit the bumper at an angle just to install the pipe on there.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
wow that muffler looks really long, It may have to exit the bumper at an angle just to install the pipe on there.

no im going to remove that ugly ___ tip you wont see this muffler once isntalled if all goes as planned it will look almost stock
Old 12-21-2005, 07:14 PM

well, great to hear that the tip is going. I hope it helps with the rasp sound for you, the body seems kind of small. Post up some clips when you are done. :D

Old 12-21-2005, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is the craziest muffler Ive ever seen...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow that does look odd... lol but hey whatever works, works.. goodluck w/ install, welding, e.t.c
Old 12-22-2005, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That thing is nasty. HP killer i'm sure. It would be a lot easier to take it to a performance shop and have them tack weld the header piping together. Someone did that with i believe AW and worked perfectly. The rasp isn't comming from the exhaust system itself, its coming from the header.

This might fix it, but its going to look pretty awful and kill some hp i'm sure.

Good luck though,

Cya
Old 12-22-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Mugen makes awesome products but be prepared to shell out a lot of dough for an authentic one.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by heyitznosaj
Mugen makes awesome products but be prepared to shell out a lot of dough for an authentic one.
i was about to order a remus so im ready to spend lol just got done paying my dad the last 1k i owed him this pay day so the tc is getting back on track only took 1 year lol and sellin my trd suspension

and as far as this being a hp killer maybe this fake one is but if i can find a real mugen one i know it will performe good
Old 12-22-2005, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aarontrini85
Originally Posted by heyitznosaj
i was about to order a remus so im ready to spend lol just got done paying my dad the last 1k i owed him this pay day so the tc is getting back on track only took 1 year lol and sellin my trd suspension

and as far as this being a hp killer maybe this fake one is but if i can find a real mugen one i know it will performe good
Actually, a friend of mine with a civic had one for about a week, he went to the dyno and lost 5whp with the mugen one. They aren't made to perform, they are made to tone down the note of the exhaust. It didn't respond well at all to his set up, he sold it a few days after the dyno runs.

Cya
Old 12-25-2005, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a custom 2.25 inch crush bent midpipe w/ resonator, dc header, tsudo exhaust and it sounds more like a fart can then ricey rasp..

50% of time when i start driving my car itll sound nice but other times its farting.. i gotta say, my exhaust is kinda loud enough for people inside their homes to hear. and i gotta admit, the noise is getting abit annoying.... though its not tremendously loud, my car "hums" at low RPMs (normally) but "barrs!" when i gas it.

i wonder if its possible to have 2 resonators installed??? like a big and small one?
Old 12-25-2005, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

All the trouble.... just to avoid buying a precisionmuffler.com setup... NO RASP!

And a really great sound... many can vouch for it.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

if you didnt already buy that - come on now..... dont get that kinda toy. The airflow has to be poor due to th setup. The flow is being restricted by all of the bends. If you did get this already let me know what you think after you get it. There is no chance I would think about a product like this but would like to hear your feedback.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn rasp......mines it getting a lilll better...its a deeper rasp compared to the high pitched honda rasp when i just installed the headers.....gotta love dat carbon build up.....oh yea and i keep hearin people sayin the rasp comes from the alphawerks headers....how is that possible and what can be done to fix it? i was testing mine and i checked for vibrations around the header...down pipe and mid pipe and nothing....to me it just loooks like its the free flowing air...but who knows.......if anyone has the greddy....aw setup and fixed rasp let me know.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The Engine makes the raspy sound... it's just the stock cat that surpresses it.... when you take that cat off...with any header... almost every muffler gets raspy.... almost every....

Quick Reply: how i will kill rasp