Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

:( im so stupid

Old 05-04-2007, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default :( im so stupid

so my life sucks im trying to intsall my tsudo exhaust i unbolt the axle back and then i jack up the front and try to unbolt from the spipe side and i realize flip i had this welded in. so i go to put my axle back in and i realize i lost the bolts so now im driving around with an axle back gAYYYYY

am i gonna lose power cuz of backpressure lose ?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

why did you just install the axle back part of the tsudo?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because he had his mid pipe welded to the S pipe and he lost the stock bolts and the tsudo doesn't come with bolts...

many times i have walked out of muffler shops cause they wanted to convince that a WELDED exhaust is the best deal(which it is for no leaks but...) also for the tsudo axleback you will need smaller bolts anyways.

I don't think driving without around without the axle back will affect your backpressure to much but i bet its loud and obnoxious...
Old 05-04-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mugetsu
...for the tsudo axleback you will need smaller bolts anyways.
Really? I was just about to order one, after hearing so many people here that have one say good things about it, but never saw anyone mention they had to use smaller bolts. I'm aware the hangers need to be extended so it doesn't burn the bumper cover, but are there any other surprises I should know about it besides that & the bolts? Thx!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah make sure you use "blue lock tight" on the 3 bolt flange joint i would use some lock washers too. also assemble the mid pipe BEFORE you put in on the car.

Mine did not come with bolts or nuts for the rear axle back part and yes the stock bolts are a little too big lets just put it that way...

I also found a way to avoid having to cut,extend or bend the hangers...its a bit ghetto but hey...

also using a thick gasket at the 3 bolt flange will help the tip of the exhaust stick out a lil past the bumper so you won't get the ___ Black bumper syndrome.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.speed-element.com/servlet/Detail?no=17

best people to deal with, great product...i love my exhaust! tsudo baby!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah make sure you use "blue lock tight" on the 3 bolt flange joint i would use some lock washers too. also assemble the mid pipe BEFORE you put in on the car.

Mine did not come with bolts or nuts for the rear axle back part and yes the stock bolts are a little too big lets just put it that way...

I also found a way to avoid having to cut,extend or bend the hangers...its a bit ghetto but hey...

also using a thick gasket at the 3 bolt flange will help the tip of the exhaust stick out a lil past the bumper so you won't get the ___ Black bumper syndrome.
I'm having problems with my exhaust leaking... as a matter of fact for some strange reason it is somehow creating water or sweat from the exhaust and spitting it out from the tip everytime i rev the the car. this is making my exhaust sound raspy and ugly even with a resonator welded into the midpipe... what can i do... should i purchase some sort of sealent and place it between the midpipe and the axle-back as well as the midpipe to the s-pipe?
Old 08-11-2007, 10:30 PM

I had Midas do my Magnaflow, they had to cut 3 1/2" back fro the 2nd cat and it went on without a hitch. Yeah, it's bolted on but they used a pneumatic wrench so I am not concerned about leaks. Took 1/2 hr and cost me $45. Looks and sounds great! I am pleased. The system itself was not cheap ($436 free ship from Autoanything.com), but is stainless steel and has a lifetime warranty.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BionicJuic3

I'm having problems with my exhaust leaking... as a matter of fact for some strange reason it is somehow creating water or sweat from the exhaust and spitting it out from the tip everytime i rev the the car. this is making my exhaust sound raspy and ugly even with a resonator welded into the midpipe... what can i do... should i purchase some sort of sealent and place it between the midpipe and the axle-back as well as the midpipe to the s-pipe?
Most exhausts gather moisture when the car sits over knight, and then spit it out when you crank the car, not much you can do about it.
you sure you have a leak? you would hear it, the moisture is not related to it.
mine does the same and what lil rasp it causes goes away after the whole exhaust and car warm up.

even with a rez you will still have a bit of rasp.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:37 PM

have your local muffler shop (like Midas) check your system for leaks, they usually will do this free of charge unless there is a problem that needs fixing, if you went aftermarket, it just may be a loose clamp or nothing at all.