Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

MMW Headers and S-Pipe: CEL just came on - P0137 Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had to install the anti fouler aswell for my aw header..if i drive for more than an hour on the highway my cel pops up but only on the highwya through the city never comes on..but i run rich..i just had my tc on the dyno yesterday for modified mag(sept issue)..and you can see in the dyno sheet where it leans out....if you look at the black line..it drops alil towards the end of the run...im installing the greddy emange systme and it will take care of that and ill gain 10-15 whp...but i did run 166 ft/lb torque and 162 whp...which is awesome...

Old 07-09-2006, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good numbers and I like your Grille.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

166FT/LBS TORQUE...162 WHP..WHICHI SREALLY GOOD FOR OUR TC..JUST FOR 3 BOLT ONS AW HEADER,INJEN INTAKE AND EXHAUST...BUT LOOK FOR THE GRAPH AND MY CAR ALONG WITH (JOE_DEZOD ON SL) WE WILL BE IN THE SEPT ISSUE OF MAODIFIED MAG WE HAVE BEEN SHOOTING FOR 2 WEEKS NOW.ITS GOIN TO BE SICK..THE MAG IS MOSTLY ABOUT HIS TURBO TC BUT THEY WANTED MY CAR IN IT 2 COMPARE A N/A TC WITH BOOSTED TC....BUTIM WICKED HAPPY WITH THE NUMBERS I PUT DOWN....
Old 07-09-2006, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought that the MMW has the CEL eliminator. Why are CELs still coming on for you guys?
Old 07-10-2006, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The antifoulers and mil eliminators don't work for all tC's. I had to relocate my secondary o2 sensor behind the cat. If you have stock exhaust relocate behind the cat on the midpipe. Why does everyone show STD correction factors and not the SAE numbers. What was the SAE numbers
Old 07-10-2006, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just FYI curent car's with OBDII have to o2s to check how much oxygen is in the exhast befor the cat and after it passes though the cat when u elimiat the cat the computer knows its no there because the voltage from the O2 dosnt change at all thus trigering a CEL the antifouler , O2 stimulator or whatever u place inline with the O2 to fool the computer into thinking the cat is still there i would sujest to any one not just peple with schions out a high flow cat it dosnt give up as much power as they use to and the air will be cleaner and no CEL
Old 07-10-2006, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have the antifoulers and are still throwing a cel here is a good (FREE if you still have the stock exhaust manifold) fix.
1. Knock the catalyst out of the manifold. It will come out in big chunks.
2. Take your two antifoulers apart.
3. Cut a piece of catalyst to fit in the antifouler. Be careful not to make it to thick or you will smash it when you screw the two antifoulers together.
4. Install back into car.
5. Reset check engine light.
6. No more cel.
**This modification is only necessary if you already have the antifoulers installed and are throwing a cel**

I have had to do this in a couple of different vehicles where the antifoulers did not work. I have yet to have any cels after doing this. I can not guarantee that it will work for everyone else but for the cost it is worth a try.