Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

OBX Parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 01:38 AM
SL Member

Default OBX Parts

My shop is looking into carrying OBX products. Wondering if anyone ahs used them and has any opinions. I saw their selection for Scion tC, kinda small right now but it looks promising. They have a catback, header, clutch, LSD, among a few other parts. Wondering if anyone has used any of these products and has any feedback for me. Let me know, thank you!
Old 03-25-2005, 04:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well i dont know about there power stuff but their shift ***** are cool!
Old 03-25-2005, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: OBX Parts

Originally Posted by bambams247
My shop is looking into carrying OBX products. Wondering if anyone ahs used them and has any opinions. I saw their selection for Scion tC, kinda small right now but it looks promising. They have a catback, header, clutch, LSD, among a few other parts. Wondering if anyone has used any of these products and has any feedback for me. Let me know, thank you!
I for one am not a fan of their products at all. The shift **** I bought (aluminum mesh sphere ****) is starting to get lose in the different sections of the ****. The middle ring has just enough play to annoy the hell out of me, and the OBX plate on the top (that looks like it's supposed to be secured by 6 screws is just free spinning and looking like ____e. I also heard that the OBX pedals come off on a regular basis (I don't own them so don't go off of me on this one). I DO recommend carrying TWM parts, however expensive they may be, because they have some serious quality, and their weighted ***** are top notch and go pretty well with their short shifter. Just my two cents.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From everybody I have seen that has used their parts said they are junk. If you notice they have a lot of universal parts which kinda shows something. Also their parts are dirt cheap which means they are most likely low quality, because in the auto world you usually get what you pay for.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SupaWhiteTc
From everybody I have seen that has used their parts said they are junk. If you notice they have a lot of universal parts which kinda shows something. Also their parts are dirt cheap which means they are most likely low quality, because in the auto world you usually get what you pay for.
Dirt cheap?! I paid 50 bucks for that piece of ____ shifter! Hehe, luckily I have a weighted TWM **** to go with the TWM shifter.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:11 PM
SL Member

hmm alrite well im waiting for a price list from them. We are a car electronics shop so its hard getting just performance aprts. OBX carries neons and lights and stuff that we can use so I can spin it off that, but otherwise TWM is probably out of the question. Plus if I carry tC parts I can help out the boards and sell stuff here. Right now were all 12v
Old 03-25-2005, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Steer clear of OBX. They just make crappy rip offs of everbody elses stuff. Get good reputable brands, and save yourself the headaches of all of the warranties.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Seriously...AVOID!

I had a pair of MOMO pedals, sold at the dealer, which constantly fell apart. They cost me $80, tho.

On the third set, the promised to swap them out with OBX...but they just used the OBX covers, not even the pedals (and didn't tell me...so awesome...).

Anyways, the OBX covers won't even line up correctly. On my set, the clutch cover looks crooked constantly. The dealer is like, "Yeah, weird, huh?". When the covers don't even fit right, that sends a pretty clear message regarding the attention to detail and quality control going on at OBX.

I am going to take these back in. I still got 1K under warranty.

p.s. Best part was when the parts guy at SF Scion told me MOMO is "junk." These are parts that THEY SOLD TO ME.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

I have the OBX pedals, them came scratched and had black stuff on them? But it's shiety quality but it does it the job down. I like the look better than stock.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
SL Member

looks like group consensus is a big no no
Old 03-25-2005, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bambams247
looks like group consensus is a big no no
You got that right. They may look nice, but the overall quality is a joke. Their products would just be collecting dust on your shelves. Don't even bother IMHO.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

you'll be surprise how many people actually buys them but if you to sell your customers great quality parts then cross out OBX.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:45 PM
SL Member

Well we try to deal with the high end mostly.

For audio we use alpine annd mb quart, we are considering kenwood to carry a different brand for head units and such. K40 for radar detectors, and were working on getting Passport SR7 and SRX. And our most common car in the shop last month was a bentley gt follow by escelade. So I cant recomend carrying parts that will fall apart or break. Thanks for your help!
Old 03-26-2005, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by teamkasnomas
p.s. Best part was when the parts guy at SF Scion told me MOMO is "junk." These are parts that THEY SOLD TO ME.
doesn't ferrari use MOMO parts like steering wheels and what not?
Old 03-26-2005, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Yea momo and sparco are the best interior accessories that work with everything.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tckurt
Yea momo and sparco are the best interior accessories that work with everything.
that's what i always thought, too. but after my second set of MOMO grand prix's (http://www.imotorgear.com/product.as...dept%5Fid=2101) started coming apart from daily driving, well I went ahead and adjusted my opinion accordingly.

and i'm purty sure that the pedals they are selling at the scion dealership ain't the same ones going in the ferraris.

turns out everybody's guilty of badge dilution via crap product: mercedes, porsche (the cayenne? oh god) and even MOMO. needless to say, i was/am sadly disappointed with both the aftermarket pedals from MOMO and, subsequently, OBX. both sets I have used/am using suck.

(in MOMO's defense, the airleather shift **** i had from them held up just fine, but it stuck up about 1-2" higher than stock. annoying.)
Old 03-27-2005, 07:24 AM
5 Year Member

ive had my dealer relpace my obx mesh shift **** three times and the keep getting loose!!! Its driving me crazy
Old 03-28-2005, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want high end parts i wouldnt recomend OBX, APC or any of the imatation brands. i would go for the momo, razo brands if you are looking for shift ***** and pedals. same with the performance parts. but seriously almost all tuner parts get sent out to be made in china or taiwan.

if you want cheap parts with higher profit margins then go for OBX. out here in cali we have all the brands and obx gets the job done for the average tuner. hardcore racer i would go for better quality parts from reputable companies.

this is my honest opinion and im related to an owner of obx.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My obx **** is ____ing me off the silver paint that is aroung the "screws" on the top is peeliing.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so looking at this thread - steer clear of the OBX mesh gear ****?

Quick Reply: OBX Parts