Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

old V8 trick work on are scions (removing a/c compressor)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:12 AM
SL Member

Default old V8 trick work on are scions (removing a/c compressor)

i was thinking about removing my a/c compressor and i wanted to know who has done it and whats the hp gain and is there any kits for this...also i know some are thinking its stupid cuase what about the hot summer days but to be honest i never use it and thats why we have windows.... let me know thanks

I AM ASKING A QUESTION AND I DONT NEED TO HEAR ALL YOUR STUPID OPINIONS ON HOW STUPID IT IS OR ANYTHING... JUST WANNA KNOW REALL HP GAINS.....
Old 02-20-2008, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if your gona rock subs and all that flashy trophy loving jazz might as well rock the a/c
Old 02-20-2008, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Crayola_G
if your gona rock subs and all that flashy trophy loving jazz might as well rock the a/c
QFT!!!(quoted for truth!!!)

honestly... think about it... you pay almost 20K for a car and you want to take somthing as little as the AC out? To answer your qustion kindly, yes you can take the AC compressor out and free up a "little power" (and I mean LiTtLe...) you can also put dry ice on your intake manifold and free up (again) a VERY small ammount of power.. but in the end will it be worth the trouble?
your better off just cutting the belts... it will do the same thing. but you won't notice at all on the Scion... I just need to remember to not buy a car fome you any time soon!... Smile

good luck.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:41 AM
SL Member

hah yea well see yea the dry ice thing maybe if i put it on my intercooler but thats why i would get some co2 and spray it!!! and 2nd im not looking to win shows cuase of a supper clean and nice looking engine compartment cuase the outside does enough for me anyways......

one thing that ____es me off on this forum is all the kids that can answer the qustiong and has to include there stupid ___ comments i didnt wanna hear...

riddle me this one why the hell do people change out there crankshaft pully for a lighter one cuase in the end you will cause damage cuase that crankshaft pully is also your harmonic balancer...and why do they make a pully for the a/c.. alternator.. to make the engine have less tention on it... so why not cancel out the a/c that i never use to gain i bet more than u think exspecial since im turbo.....
thanks for all your useless information
Old 02-20-2008, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You came to a public forum and asked what our opinion was. Then when two people offered you their opinion, you called them useless?

You're awesome.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, and you'll do less damage with a lightened pulley than you would with an underdrive one.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:26 AM
SL Member

Default Re: old V8 trick work on are scions (removing a/c compressor

Originally Posted by BOOSTINGHAVOCRS1
i was thinking about removing my a/c compressor and i wanted to know who has done it and whats the hp gain and is there any kits for this...also i know some are thinking its stupid cuase what about the hot summer days but to be honest i never use it and thats why we have windows.... let me know thanks

I AM ASKING A QUESTION AND I DONT NEED TO HEAR ALL YOUR STUPID OPINIONS ON HOW STUPID IT IS OR ANYTHING... JUST WANNA KNOW REALL HP GAINS.....

now tell me were u see i ask for an opinion....i dont i ask a question that gets an answer.....
im sick and tired of people just giving an opinion and not answering the darn question..... i saw a forum about a kid wanting to know how to install his quick disconnect steering wheel he didn get his answer till the 3rd page the first 2pages were about how stupid it is and dumb casue no air bag and he never said hey what you think about doing a quick disconnect<---that would mean state your opinion!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

thats a dumb **** idea why would u take the ac out! doesnt make any sense..dont do it!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Dude to be honest, I doubt you are going to get an answer on this forum about "REALL HP GAINS" from removing your AC compressor... 98.99% of the people on this page like their AC and would never waste the time of "removing the AC Compressor" then spending the $100+ to dyno their car to get you an aswer.

If you truly want to find out without doing it yourself... (which if you care that much I think you need to go and actualy do yourself)...then contact a few of the professional race cars on this page and see what kind of input they have... I doubt much but they are the only people who I could ever imagen would ever bother geting rid of their AC...

and there is no need to get all defensive over the topic... that's not the way to get anwers.. all you will see are more and more people comming on here to tell you how dumb the idea is... filter through the non-important stuff to you... and pick out only that which you need. Igonore the rest, don't resort to bashing and name calling... when the OP starts to bash others who post in his thread... thats when the thread goes to heck and gets locked...
Old 02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

It barely puts a drag on the motor, unless the compressor is actually on. So taking it off will yeild maybe 2-3 hp, tops.

/thread
Old 02-20-2008, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

leme see you get laid when you get a girl in the car and she raises the windows......which they always do...and u go oh im sorry i spend 20k on upgrades but leme remove the a/c so we can melt...unless this is not your daily driver removing the a/c is a stupid idea....and its ghetto as hell
Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Seriously is the 1-3hp you MIGHT gain really worth it? Don't take it out, you'll regret it during the summer.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and ur orange paint job lol really nice man, i hope ur car has a/c
Old 02-20-2008, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my a/c goes from cold-hot in 4.3 seconds.....iv been tuning it for years now..
Old 02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

leme see you get laid when you get a girl in the car and she raises the windows......which they always do...and u go oh im sorry i spend 20k on upgrades but leme remove the a/c so we can melt...unless this is not your daily driver removing the a/c is a stupid idea....and its ghetto as hell
I remember my friends car had no a/c, and thats exactly what happened to him and this one chick, LMAO!!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

truth b told lol
Old 02-20-2008, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this was and still is a popular mod on 1st and 2nd gen RX7's, i did it on mine. but we usually went all out removing the a/c, power steering and all emissions such as air pump, smog stuff, etc. with all that gutted out and off the engine you did feel a nice noticeable gain with the engine being freed up.

however on a tc? don't even bother. the car is heavy (and slow) as it is so you won't even notice it as you would on a light/nimble sports car. i remember having to drive with the windows down all the time and it sucked in florida heat. point being, don't do it.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:15 PM
SL Member

and ur orange paint job lol really nice man, i hope ur car has a/c
orange paint job what are u talking about its a rs.1 .. and its red and im # 83 off the assembly line what are u a newbie.. ....

thanks tceeder.. thats were i got the idea from a tech at are shop has had many rx7s in all the gens..

and its not that im getting deffencvie about my post its in all post someone always has to voice there opinion when its not needed and everyone after that guy seems to just get off topic and say stupid stuff...

and about sex in my car hahah well first off thats why i have a bed and second i have a rollcage so that would be near imposible... and the cage isnt just to have it im going to be doing auto X...
Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he isnt talking about sex in the car, he means any girl who gets in the car will roll the windows up.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Taking out the a/c just wont be worth it, the compressor free spools when its not in use and then uses a clutch to activate it when its being used. You MAY gain 1-2hp its not worth it, spend the time elsewhere improving your car or maybe your attitude since you like to bash half the people on here when they are giving you opinions to your question.

Quick Reply: old V8 trick work on are scions (removing a/c compressor)