Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

P0101 & Injen Intake

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default P0101 & Injen Intake

I have a Injen short ram intake and I recently cleaned the filter, the other day I felt some hesitation and my cell came on with as P0101.
So I tried cleaning the MAF sensor with some MAF cleaner reinstalled and the light came back on, car has 90k miles on it.

Should I just pick up a new MAF at Auto Zone or something?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 11-16-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

disconnect the maf with the car running......if theres no affect on the car..maf is bad........if you clean the maf sensor....you should let the ca ridle for a few mins afterwards.....get a oem maf if it bad not a autozone one.....
Old 03-17-2014, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks, I cleaned the maf before posting, left the battery unplugged for about 4 hours while I replaced my strut mounts that were bad. Then let the car idle for 15 minutes or so. The code came back, so I ordered a maf from rock auto, its a denso sensor just like OEM. I'll try unplugging it and seeing what happens, do I need to drive it around the block to see a difference?

Also ordered a new oiless filter from amsoil so I don't have to worry about oil anymore.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slowcelica
Thanks, I cleaned the maf before posting, left the battery unplugged for about 4 hours while I replaced my strut mounts that were bad. Then let the car idle for 15 minutes or so. The code came back, so I ordered a maf from rock auto, its a denso sensor just like OEM. I'll try unplugging it and seeing what happens, do I need to drive it around the block to see a difference?

Also ordered a new oiless filter from amsoil so I don't have to worry about oil anymore.

if you cleaned and reset the ecu and let it idle for a bit...and the cel came back on then yea prob a bad maf.....you could try to drive it for a few mins and see what happens,but if the maf isnt registering with the ecu..then ill be useless and the air and fuel will go crazy..but if the car doesnt respond with maf unpluggeg then yea you need a new one.......before you install the new maf sensor...disconnect your batt to reset your ecu for at least a hour....then install maf and like you did before..let the car idle for a few..then drive it around town and let the ecu ajust itself...
Old 03-18-2014, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you oil the filter when you cleaned it? I've seen this happen too many times, especially on short ram, where the MAF keeps getting contaminated from oil on the air filter...
Old 03-18-2014, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FlintMica17
Did you oil the filter when you cleaned it? I've seen this happen too many times, especially on short ram, where the MAF keeps getting contaminated from oil on the air filter...
I did, but I didn't put that much on it. Also I drove the car for 2 weeks after I cleaned and oiled the filter without the code coming on. So I don't think that is it, but I did think about that and that is why I ordered an oil-less filter to put on before I put the new sensor on, so if that is the issue I won't have to worry about that anymore. This happened last year when I cleaned, it but I reset the code and then it went away.

Last edited by slowcelica; 03-18-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by slowcelica
I did, but I didn't put that much on it. Also I drove the car for 2 weeks after I cleaned and oiled the filter without the code coming on. So I don't think that is it, but I did think about that and that is why I ordered an oil-less filter to put on before I put the new sensor on, so if that is the issue I won't have to worry about that anymore.
Gotcha. I don't like using oiled filters unless it's on a cold air setup. Dry filters FTW
Old 03-18-2014, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the help all, I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

New oil-less filter from Amsoil for the win. Got the new filter on weds, reset the codes and hasn't come back since.