Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

P2195 CEL O2 Sensor Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default P2195 CEL O2 Sensor Problems.

Looks like my O2 sensor may be taking a dump on me. Haven't changed my cars setup in about 20,000 miles and i'm just now throwing a CEL/P2195. It seems my O2 sensor is stuck lean. I haven't attempted to clean the sensor yet but I may be doing that this afternoon with some QD Electronic Cleaner. I'm running a K&N Typhoon CAI and an HKS Hi-Power axle back everything else in the intake/exhaust system is stock. The irony behind this is I just threw my stock air intake away 2 weeks ago cause I thought I was "good" from here...

I have 37,000 miles on my car and it's an 06. If I take it up to Toyota do you think they'd cover my primary o2 sensor under warranty or tell me to bug off cause i'm using aftermarket things that could clog/destroy my o2 sensors.

Thanks,
CJ
Old 02-22-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a TSB about it to replace it with another one under warranty. But it is cover under 3 years 30,00 miles.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats pretty unfortunate :/. I'm thinking like this, TC's are notorious for having stripped primary o2 sensors from the factory. In that case I have a good chance of going to the dealer and saying that my o2 sensor has been giving me issues and i'd like them to take a look at it. If I can somehow convince them to remove the o2 sensor to assess the element and the threads do strip they will be obligated to install a new o2 sensor regardless of warranty stipulations because of the damage that they have caused to my vehicle which would make it inoperable without installation of a new o2 sensor. I'm very concerned to take it out myself to try and clean it because at that point if it does strip I will have to buy another o2 sensor regardless and the damage to the threads will be at the owners fault so I may go up to scion first to see what I can get done.

Any other ideas?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tonytc05
There is a TSB about it to replace it with another one under warranty. But it is cover under 3 years 30,00 miles.
the warrenty will cover any emissions related malfunction for 8yrs or 85,000 miles by federal law.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I just got your pm. hope this is the thread.

the dealership should cover it, and you intake won't matter because toyota sells aem cold air kits for these cars from the dealer so don't worry about it.

I hope to god you didn't clean the o2, that will cause it to malfunction worse than you could ever imagine, even finger prints will destroy an o2 so don't even touch the end of it. and yes I've made the mistake of removing it when the manifold was still warm, don't make my mistake its a 230 dollar fix.

it may not be the 02, it could be another problem like poor gas, or slightly pluged injectors, ect.

just take it to the dealership and have them take a look at it. may not be as bad as whats going on in your head right now.

let me know if I can help you in any other way!