Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC Dual Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Looks nice, however there is nothing that screams rice more than a dual exhaust on a 4cyl enginer - you have a single header - putitng dual exhausts on a car with a single header outlet is retarded.

Just my opinion though, looks great
Old 12-21-2004, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HAHA yea i asked him if he could use my car as a guinea pig.lol but he wont do it..

heres a pic of a s2000 exhaust i thought it resembled the dual

Old 12-21-2004, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

people keep saying rice this rice that...how the hell is it rice!?...i was under the impression that rice mainly refers to something thats is just way out of place like say a bench for a spoiler or maybe a fully kitted ride with spining hubcaps, amazingly hude decals that take over the paint, theres plenty more that could be considered rice, but this TC seems perfectly clean and tight, regardless of whether te exhaust is functional or not, it looks tight as if it almost came like that OEM....just my .02
Old 12-21-2004, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

the tc looks hella clean. love the setup, and i dont think i'd call it rice with all the other mods he stated he has done. not rice, just a purely fast car. lookin good, keep it up

Jim.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I believe he mentioned that his car its turboed and if I'm not mistaken a more free flowing exhaust like that of a dual exhaust is beneficial to a forced induction system. Plus its clean.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mx6GT91
It was, lol. But that's okay.. let that person shine like the moron he/she is.
Well if that was the point that your were making it wasnt that great.

Ive never seen anyone put duals on something as nice/fast as a modded Evo, STi and most people with SRT-4's only get duals so they dont have to fill the 2nd tip cutout. Also mainly because all the exhaust systems out are dual tiped.
Believe me, all the people I hang out with have SRT-4's and Evo's. NO ONE that I know puts duals on an Evo. There not retarded.

Whoa dude. You're obviouslly really special cuz "all the people you hang out with have SRT-'s and Evo's" *applause*. Anyway, my point was merely that "4-bangers" do have potential- as recently seen in such cars as the STi, Evo, and SRT-4. Not that you wouldn't have to dump a ____load of money into a car like the tC to make it happen, but the potential's still there. If someone wants to put forth the time and effort to apply a dual exhaust setup to the tc, then so be it.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by smash

Ive never seen anyone put duals on something as nice/fast as a modded Evo, STi and most people with SRT-4's only get duals so they dont have to fill the 2nd tip cutout. Also mainly because all the exhaust systems out are dual tiped.
Believe me, all the people I hang out with have SRT-4's and Evo's. NO ONE that I know puts duals on an Evo. There not retarded.

Whoa dude. You're obviouslly really special cuz "all the people you hang out with have SRT-'s and Evo's" *applause*. Anyway, my point was merely that "4-bangers" do have potential- as recently seen in such cars as the STi, Evo, and SRT-4. Not that you wouldn't have to dump a ____load of money into a car like the tC to make it happen, but the potential's still there. If someone wants to put forth the time and effort to apply a dual exhaust setup to the tc, then so be it.
This car is first and foremost a test bed for products that I am going to offer to you guys, secondly I use it as my daily driver because most of these parts will be on daily driven vehicles, lastly its a show car.
As far as my parts go, i won't develop a part unless it enhances the performance of the vehicle in some way and still be useable on a street car. This dual exhaust IS a benefit to a turbo tC. The less backpressure (on a turbo system) the more efficient the system will be. Going from 3" to dual 3" is less restrictive than a straight 3", hell i am pondering actually offering a 3.5" system going to dual 3" this would be even better. NOT to mention that the dual exhaust looks damn good on the tC, this you guys can't deny. I modeled it after the Japanese dual exhaust system that they offer for the Turbo MR2.

Well since this car has been turbo, I have raced all of these vehiceles you guys speak about so highly. The STI was raced on the way home from HIN. I raced him three times and killed him three times. I think he just couldn't believe he was being beat by a tC, the only explanation y he kept racing me. I also raced a modded EVO on the way home from the Moroso car show, He was giving me problems but i was still in his back. He was so surprised i was keeping up with him, that he actually slowed down and told me he couldn't believe it, and that he thought it was just a show car. The SRT-4 was right next to me but i was still creaping slowly ahead of him.

All three of these races were done with the stock tC exhaust system and at 7-8psi of boost pressure, all these cars run around 12-15 psi of boost stock to give you an idea. Now that i have the 3" exhaust system, it is much faster. This Turbo system will be offered at 10psi of boost, so those super compacts will have real problems with any tC running this turbo system. NOT to mention the price of a new tC, the 3" exhaust system, and the turbo system will still cost less than an EVO, and look better doing it.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:53 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Default Exactly

Originally Posted by blue ink tc
people keep saying rice this rice that...how the hell is it rice!?...i was under the impression that rice mainly refers to something thats is just way out of place like say a bench for a spoiler or maybe a fully kitted ride with spining hubcaps, amazingly hude decals that take over the paint, theres plenty more that could be considered rice, but this TC seems perfectly clean and tight, regardless of whether te exhaust is functional or not, it looks tight as if it almost came like that OEM....just my .02
I second that.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:46 PM
erc
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JMS001
Its my car. Its turbo. The exhaust system is single 3" from the catalytic all the way to the rear crossmember, where it splits into dual 3" . It is very quiet. It actually has three straight through mufflers. one is located in the center of the system. It will be available as a single tip system, for those of you who don't want to cut your bumpers. It is strictly for turbo charged and super charged tC's.
Thanks for the info. My only fear about going forced induction was finding an efficient and QUIET exhaust system.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have one question...

if I were to install this "turbo" into my tC... how would it ever pass smog after 4 years?

just curious...
Old 12-21-2004, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Doh
Just didn't expect that, read the whole post, then outta the blue, I read Doh, I was subsequently caught off guard...dunno how to reply...

Anyway, hehe...nice exhaust setup. Dual in my opinion looks nice, on some vehicles, your setup is perfect.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

[quote="Mx6GT91"]
Well I have no problems pulling a good 1-2cars on modded ones.
Uh, with what? A tC? Either you've got a super turbo or that driver missed about 3 shifts. No way could a tC beat a s2k, regardless of year or whether the s2K is stock or modded.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member

Looks nice
Old 12-22-2004, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your point about the 4 bangers haveing potential has nothing to do with dual exhaust.
Duals are only for looks.

You should have left it at this
"If someone wants to put forth the time and effort to apply a dual exhaust setup to the tc, then so be it."

Uh, with what? A tC? Either you've got a super turbo or that driver missed about 3 shifts. No way could a tC beat a s2k, regardless of year or whether the s2K is stock or modded.
It was in my Mx-Sucks
Old 12-22-2004, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlueBox
I have one question...

if I were to install this "turbo" into my tC... how would it ever pass smog after 4 years?

just curious...
Well this turbo system actually still has two catalytic converters, and all emissions devices are still installed. One of the cats have been replaced with a high flow cat. There are no check engine lights on, and the emissions output is very clean (I do have emissions testing equipment). This car would still pass emissions testing with no problems whatsoever.

The problem is I do not have carb exemption for it, so California people would be the ones who would have problems getting passed.

For some reason no matter how clean your emissions are in California, if you modified your car and don't have an exemption sticker you will fail. TO me this sounds like California has a good money raping scheme going really well out there! I feel sorry for all you California people, but that’s the kind of ____ that the government gets away with.

Any way if the demand for this kit is high enough I will pursue carb exemptions. SO there may be hope!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your point about the 4 bangers haveing potential has nothing to do with dual exhaust.
What are you, retarded? How could you not understand this?

The first guy was asking why you would do something like a dual exhaust to a little 4-banger. I said "look at cars like the evo, SRT-4, etc.". Because you display the mental capacity equivalent to that of a 7 year old, I will break it down for you. I was pointing out other "4-bangers" that have obviously been hooked-up, pumped-up pimped-out whatver you'd like to call it. Therefore, people DO in fact find it worthwhile to do extensive mods to "4-bangers". Look at the Civic, the Golf, the WRX, the Celica and the list goes on.. plenty of people find enough "potential" in these small 4-cylinder engine cars to put money into them to do mods; some even as extensive as a dual exhaust setup, which does give a nice power gain. It's not altogether a pointless mod (yet another stupid point made by you). Therefore, to recap it yet again for you, I was pointing out why "you would do something like that to a little 4-banger like the tC". I don't know how to be any more blunt. I've already wasted enough time replying to this ridiculous post and some idiot who likes to act tough on the internet, and I think I've now had enough. Have a nice day.

PS- In case you missed that lesson in 3rd grade, in the English language we drop the "e" before we add an "ing" to a verb.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
Seven City Scions
SL Member

The first guy was asking why you would do something like a dual exhaust to a little 4-banger. I said "look at cars like the evo, SRT-4, etc.". Because you display the mental capacity equivalent to that of a 7 year old, I will break it down for you. I was pointing out other "4-bangers" that have obviously been hooked-up, pumped-up pimped-out whatver you'd like to call it. Therefore, people DO in fact find it worthwhile to do extensive mods to "4-bangers". Look at the Civic, the Golf, the WRX, the Celica and the list goes on.. plenty of people find enough "potential" in these small 4-cylinder engine cars to put money into them to do mods; some even as extensive as a dual exhaust setup, which does give a nice power gain. It's not altogether a pointless mod (yet another stupid point made by you). Therefore, to recap it yet again for you, I was pointing out why "you would do something like that to a little 4-banger like the tC". I don't know how to be any more blunt. I've already wasted enough time replying to this ridiculous post and some idiot who likes to act tough on the internet, and I think I've now had enough. Have a nice day.

PS- In case you missed that lesson in 3rd grade, in the English language we drop the "e" before we add an "ing" to a verb.

DAMN!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JMS001

This car is first and foremost a test bed for products that I am going to offer to you guys, secondly I use it as my daily driver because most of these parts will be on daily driven vehicles, lastly its a show car.
As far as my parts go, i won't develop a part unless it enhances the performance of the vehicle in some way and still be useable on a street car. This dual exhaust IS a benefit to a turbo tC. The less backpressure (on a turbo system) the more efficient the system will be. Going from 3" to dual 3" is less restrictive than a straight 3", hell i am pondering actually offering a 3.5" system going to dual 3" this would be even better. NOT to mention that the dual exhaust looks damn good on the tC, this you guys can't deny. I modeled it after the Japanese dual exhaust system that they offer for the Turbo MR2.

Well since this car has been turbo, I have raced all of these vehiceles you guys speak about so highly. The STI was raced on the way home from HIN. I raced him three times and killed him three times. I think he just couldn't believe he was being beat by a tC, the only explanation y he kept racing me. I also raced a modded EVO on the way home from the Moroso car show, He was giving me problems but i was still in his back. He was so surprised i was keeping up with him, that he actually slowed down and told me he couldn't believe it, and that he thought it was just a show car. The SRT-4 was right next to me but i was still creaping slowly ahead of him.

All three of these races were done with the stock tC exhaust system and at 7-8psi of boost pressure, all these cars run around 12-15 psi of boost stock to give you an idea. Now that i have the 3" exhaust system, it is much faster. This Turbo system will be offered at 10psi of boost, so those super compacts will have real problems with any tC running this turbo system. NOT to mention the price of a new tC, the 3" exhaust system, and the turbo system will still cost less than an EVO, and look better doing it.
You say you were up against an sti, an evo, and an srt4? How fast were you actually going? I thought the tC could only go like 127 before the limiter kicks in. I am pretty sure theother cars mentioned can go faster... Was it like a drag race where you go down the highway and try to go as fast as possible? Or, was it involving turns where you had to slow down and then speed up and then slow down.... I raced an eclipse last night on 195 south of Boston, heading towards RI. We were neck and neck until my limiter kicked in. My tach could go more too, but it just wouldn't go. It must have been an eclipse gt too, but I couldn't tell. It was the newest body style though.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member

Anyone know how to remove the limiter?
Old 12-22-2004, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Now that I look back I didnt see you quote this:
it looks nice but remember people this car is still a little 4 banger!! does it really need that??
I just thought you were being a typical retard that doesnt know anything about cars.
No need to be a _____.

If you feel like you've wasted enough time on this thread then why do you come back and reply??
A real person trying not to "act tough on the internet" would have left it alone.
I guess Im trying to act tough.

Im only 7yr old dropout

Quick Reply: tC Dual Exhaust!!