Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tC POTENTIAL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok, I haven't driven a GTS, but I'm sure a 6 speed MT box has it's nuetral point between 3 and 4 still like a 5 speed...

So missing a shift form 4 -> 3 or 3 -> 4 is just a very very bad driver... I have missed 4 -> 2 (well not miss but clunky) even in a 5 spd, but those two examples are just horrible... Some of those people should take driving school (or I should test drive a GTS)
Old 04-07-2004, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TRD doesn't suck. They have an agenda, to put out smog legal parts and will pass emissions and won't burn the engine down to ____ of service writers.

Mission Accomplish!

If you want more and you UNDERSTAND superchargers, there is plenty were that came from.

There are plenty of fine examples out there of people running modified versions of Eaton superchargers and getting over 200hp on a regular basis, at the wheels. Being that the 2.4L is one of the larger engine availble to be boosted, it should make even more power with higher boost levels.

Twin Screw superchargers are better and cost a hell of alot more as well. You _____ about TRD blower sucks, well you would _____ even louder if they cost $4,000 or more, which is what a decent Twin Screw blower would run. If you want a Twin Screw blower so bad, go bug Whipple or Kenne-Bell to make up a Tc kit.

Whipple might do it if the interest is high enough, but the market that is going to buy these cars don't have any money. Don't tell me they do either, I know most cars build by people under 25 were build with college finacial support money. In fact, those under 25 with real jobs, they cars aren't nearly as modiifed as your average college students car. Poor College student! Ha! Some are, MOST ARENT...

Back on point -

Unless you really understand engines, don't comment on rod ratios and displacements and all that. You really won't know how good or bad the Tc is under the hood until somebody cracks one open. Suspectulation is great, but what works on one car doesn't always work on another.

That being said, Turbos and Superchargers do behave pretty much the same on all platforms... If the engine has peaky power, it will make peakish power with forced induction. If the engine is torquey then it will make good torque under boost and hellish mid-range power. O

n the street, that's what you want anyway....

Leave the RPM's to the F1 guys
Old 04-08-2004, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KAuss
Ok, I haven't driven a GTS, but I'm sure a 6 speed MT box has it's nuetral point between 3 and 4 still like a 5 speed...

So missing a shift form 4 -> 3 or 3 -> 4 is just a very very bad driver... I have missed 4 -> 2 (well not miss but clunky) even in a 5 spd, but those two examples are just horrible... Some of those people should take driving school (or I should test drive a GTS)
you should test drive the GTS and see how close the gearings are. the examples i used are from drivers who has driven manual for 5+ years. although im 15, i can tell if the gears are close compaired to the rsx-s(been in both).
Old 04-08-2004, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You would enjoy test'n a gts KAuss.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I enjoy driving EVERY car :D

I love to drive... Or else I wouldn't be here!!!

I think that should be assumed for everyone... I'm not rich enough to be a picky driver :D
Old 04-08-2004, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like driving. but i dont drive much. still 15 and havent taking driving school yet. cars that i would be hella scared to drive are.... modded muscle cars, supercars and cars that are very fast. i drove my cousin's 01 civic with type s swap once, it didnt scare me at all. i wanna start driving more already... come on june... so i can start driving school
Old 04-09-2004, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like your moxie, KAuss.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I drive 3K / year in my 90 LS to save money because I only drive 1 mile to work...

When I had my WRX, I just drove 3.4K before I totalled it in 6 months... I've had my LS for 1.5 years now... So you can see how much useless road trips I took just to have a little fun... After work, I would just take the car and go one way along the freeway for 2 hours and drive back... Sometimes I'll just drive local for 3 hours and head on home...

I drove it to an i-Club meet and we went twisty owning with 60 other cars... This is when I learned stick for only 2 months!!!

Enough about my love to drive :D If I was ever rich, I'll design a race track in my back yard and drive nothing but people cars... Cars that actual real people drive...

That is my passion and this is the place I find tranquility :D
Old 04-11-2004, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-11-2004, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want a house with go-kart track in the backyard and the nearest neighbor a mile away.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by couper2
I want a house with go-kart track in the backyard and the nearest neighbor a mile away.
Yup. This I would enjoy. :D

How about a slick track too, so you can drift corners.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluexA
How about a slick track too, so you can drift corners.
daym, that would be fun
Old 04-12-2004, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member

Sorry guys, you can't drift in a FWD car. It's called powersliding. Don't worry though, it's just a trend. Maybe if you slap enough TRD or NISMO stickers on your car, no one will be the wiser.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tiberian
Sorry guys, you can't drift in a FWD car. It's called powersliding. Don't worry though, it's just a trend. Maybe if you slap enough TRD or NISMO stickers on your car, no one will be the wiser.
i think we're talking about go karts... well at least i am....
Old 04-13-2004, 02:25 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bah...

Who cares? It's a 15 to 16k car. If you want something to go racing in buy a nice RWD car or something. I am so tired of reading people _____ about FWD cars and the fact that the tC is one. This car is going to be marketed as a sporty-econo class car. Just because Toyota is gladly going to help future "ricers" squeeze a few more horsepower out of the car here and there does not change that.