Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tc tunerz header dyno / not much gain

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 10:21 PM

Default tc tunerz header dyno / not much gain

i just got off the tctunerz site and im not pleased by the gain of their headers. some people said that they would have a 50hp gain and they didn't even make 8hp . so its up to you, do you rather pay over 500 dollars for some headers that have the same or less gain than the dc sports headers?. dc sports headers are half the price, more power and they have the ceramic coating that protects from heating , compare to the stainless that gets hotter and just has a nice finish.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

1st off..it's not possible for a header to make 50+HP.

NOT possible.

2nd off..the tc tunerz header..although only making a good 8whp (around 10 or so @ the flywheel) isn't as high as the DC (it's not TOO off though), you get a legal header..meaning you won't have to mess with taking the header off for emissions, CEL light, and of course the difference in exhaust sounds between the DC and the tC tunerz header.

PLUS the tC JUST came out..so give it some time..I'm sure Comptech/GReddy/etc etc will make some headers that will rival/beat the DC 'n tC tunerz header.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said in a previous post, with the tc engine you are not going to be able to get very many ponies without elimanating the cat.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:40 PM

its so funny becuse after i wrote that i went to the tc tunerz site and their headers were cheaper than the dc. maybe they drop the price because people were ththinking it was 2 much money for some headers
Old 12-20-2004, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fac3

NOT possible.

2nd off..the tc tunerz header..although only making a good 8whp (around 10 or so @ the flywheel) isn't as high as the DC (it's not TOO off though), you get a legal header..meaning you won't have to mess with taking the header off for emissions, CEL light, and of course the difference in exhaust sounds between the DC and the tC tunerz header.

PLUS the tC JUST came out..so give it some time..I'm sure Comptech/GReddy/etc etc will make some headers that will rival/beat the DC 'n tC tunerz header.
the tctunerz header is making 4 hp not 8 , and about 4.4-4.6 hp at the flywheel
Old 12-20-2004, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jimmyjun0213
its so funny becuse after i wrote that i went to the tc tunerz site and their headers were cheaper than the dc. maybe they drop the price because people were ththinking it was 2 much money for some headers
the header was cheaper than the dc like 2 days ago :?: :?:
Old 12-20-2004, 10:43 PM

all im saying is that i rather buy the dc than the tc header, dc are dyno tested before selling.not like the others that sell before testing
Old 12-20-2004, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd rather have a legit header with a cat and whatnot. I would just wait a couple of months until other companies release some headers.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:46 PM

i didnt say they made 8, i said they didnt make 8. so read very well before you write.there is a big difference
Old 12-20-2004, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jblaze4lif
Originally Posted by fac3

NOT possible.

the tctunerz header is making 4 hp not 8 , and about 4.4-4.6 hp at the flywheel
My bad yo. Thanks for lookin' out.

Look at it this way..

tC tunerz header-Quieter (exhaust-wise), no CELs, and you'll pass emissions..but not as much as a HP gain

DC header-Louder with a exhaust attached to it..CELs may come on here and there..and you won't be able to pass emissions unless you throw on the stock tC header back on.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Banned
SL Member

We did a baseline test with the car stock and headers. We are gathering part by part result then a combined to see the percentage of combined gain to individual gain.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good idea i like ;p
Old 12-21-2004, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dyno it with the dc cat back exhaust next :D

then dyno it with weapon r intake :D
Old 12-21-2004, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

4hp Gain/8hp gain, 4hp is nothing guys -

Really want to make your car faster? Go to the gym and lose 30 lbs, you'll immediatly have a faster ride.

I'd get the tctunerz headers over the DC because of the CEL issue and Cali emmisions...however I'm waiting to see how well they do with exhaust/intake.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If your expecting a ton of HP from a header designed by DC Sport, then I got some cheap farmland in Iowa to sell you...

Look, if you want serious HP then don't put sorry bolt-on 4-8hp parts on your car.

What's you intention?

If you really wanted SPEED, you would have seeked out a source for a serious header for your car.

I would give you a link to one of the best header builders in the racing business, but since you prolly don't know all the specs to your car like camshaft specs, etc, etc. I won't bother.

Having a REAL header doesn't mean your car is LOUDER either. You have to add MASS to your exhaust to make it quiet. If you need to ASK what that is, nevermind.

Enjoy your whatever tunerz or DC whatever header.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by dj4monie
If your expecting a ton of HP from a header designed by DC Sport, then I got some cheap farmland in Iowa to sell you...

Look, if you want serious HP then don't put sorry bolt-on 4-8hp parts on your car.

What's you intention?

If you really wanted SPEED, you would have seeked out a source for a serious header for your car.

I would give you a link to one of the best header builders in the racing business, but since you prolly don't know all the specs to your car like camshaft specs, etc, etc. I won't bother.

Having a REAL header doesn't mean your car is LOUDER either. You have to add MASS to your exhaust to make it quiet. If you need to ASK what that is, nevermind.

not everything DC sports makes is crap. my friend has a DC sports race header on his SI (the header is made the the rsx type-s) and he got a pretty good power gain, i don't know the numbers off the top of my head.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Souljah347

What's you intention?

not everything DC sports makes is crap. my friend has a DC sports race header on his SI (the header is made the the rsx type-s) and he got a pretty good power gain, i don't know the numbers off the top of my head.
What would you call decent power? 5-7hp?

When I think proper header I think 10-15hp and alot of mid range torque.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i'll have to find out the exact gain he got next time i talk to him.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

new cars are a lot more efficient than they used to be. bolt on parts dont add as much to newer cars than they did before...

some companies for the 01+ civics were dynoing losses on a $700 part... all the R&D, and a plastic stock IM beat their part...

i'll wait to see what else develops. if you want serious power then boost your car. some just want small gain with high reliability and driveability. the i/e/h combo will be great for stuff like that, not an all-out racer
Old 12-21-2004, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's you intention?

Wow. Thanks for the negitivity.

Like I said previously..it's a choice of whether you want those 4-5 extra HPs and a CEL light on and no emission passing OR sacrifice the HP for a car that will pass emissions and won't check engine light.

Quick Reply: tc tunerz header dyno / not much gain