Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

tc turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tc turbo kit

does anyone know how much is a turbokit and who sells them and how many extra horses will it produce i am itching to get one
Old 07-29-2005, 03:06 AM
Banned
SL Member

you must be new
Old 07-29-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And since you're new, you probably don't know of the

ZPI kit going for 3000 bucks making about 230 whp

Scionspeed kit going for about 2700 bucks making about 240 whp

Dezod kit going for around 3000 bucks making probably 250-270 whp

Turbonetics kit going for who knows what making only the Maker knows how much whp

GReddy kit going for who knows what making only the Maker knows how much whp

Ah, but the catch - none of these are out yet. What seems to be the quickest kit in coming is the ZPI kit but they're apparently still waiting on a pipe unless I'm wrong. The thing about ZPI's kit is that they're using a 16G turbo that's really efficient but as you can see makes less in the end. What you don't see is that apparently the ZPI kit makes near instantaneous boost whereas we really don't know much about the other kits. An upgrade like an intercooler and perhaps other things bump the power to about 250 whp on the ZPI kit. The Scionspeed kit I don't know much about but seems to be a very good deal. It's just that no one knows the progress of these kits. The Dezod kit is really the most promising right now as Joe@Dezod is really keeping us up to date with the Dezod kit and it comes with an intercooler custom made for the tC. GReddy had a prototype and so did Turbonetics I think but those were for show.. now they're trying to make the real thing - obviously they're not here to update us on their progress.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 07-29-2005, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
you must be new
Yeah he must be new.

To answer your question there are a few kits in production such as:

ZPI http://www.thescionstore.com/Merchan...gory_Code=FIND

Scion Speed http://www.scionspeed.com/

Dezod http://www.dezod.com/pd_dezod_motorsports_stage.cfm

There are more to come such as Turbonetics and Greddy. There is no sure best at the moment so take your pick.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Doh! kungpaosamuraiii beat me to it.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i'm new i just got mine this month but thanxs for the info
Old 07-29-2005, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far what's shipping at the moment: nothing
Old 07-29-2005, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for linking our product. Follow this link to stay on updates with out kit, as well as the thread I have in the power section if you're interested.

http://www.dezod.com/projects.cfm
Old 07-29-2005, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Before you preorder any kit please find out if they have some weird restocking fee if you cancel out of their preorder. You can read about what happened to me here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=73788 Get as much information as possible about the company you will be ordering the kit from. Not just numbers that the kit will produce but who the company is and what their past history was. Last dont jump into anything really fast.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kungpaosamuraiii
What you don't see is that apparently the ZPI kit makes near instantaneous boost whereas we really don't know much about the other kits.
ZPI's stage 0 and 1 make boost below 3000rpm and the stage 2 somewhere in the 4000rpm range.

Scionspeed's stage 1 and 2 kick in at 2800rpm and stage3 kicks in at 3300rpm. That's more than good enough for me.

We don't know when Dezod's kit kicks in or exactly what whp it'll make. I doubt they have any physical readings or else we'd probably know about it by now. But it will hopefuly make 250-270whp. And it'll be upgradable.

I'm the most impressed with Dezod as of now. If Scionspeed and ZPI don't get their act together I have a hunch that Dezod will release their kit before either of them.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I talked to Turbonetics just last week and this is what I was told. The kit should be ready around the end of August if not the beginning of September.

Here is a link to there application page with the tech data:
http://www.turboneticsinc.com/ts_applications.htm
It is at the bottom of the page.

I know when I had the prototype on at SEMA the fit and finish was great. I am know just waiting for the kit to go to production to install mine.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbonetics sure seems to like their T3/T4 hybrids.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wOoOzZy
What you don't see is that apparently the ZPI kit makes near instantaneous boost whereas we really don't know much about the other kits.
ZPI's stage 0 and 1 make boost below 3000rpm and the stage 2 somewhere in the 4000rpm range.

Scionspeed's stage 1 and 2 kick in at 2800rpm and stage3 kicks in at 3300rpm. That's more than good enough for me.

We don't know when Dezod's kit kicks in or exactly what whp it'll make. I doubt they have any physical readings or else we'd probably know about it by now. But it will hopefuly make 250-270whp. And it'll be upgradable.

I'm the most impressed with Dezod as of now. If Scionspeed and ZPI don't get their act together I have a hunch that Dezod will release their kit before either of them.
I forgot to mention that I was only talking about the first stage turbos from each kit. But in anycase, ZPI's turbo makes full boost at 3000 rpms - it starts to spool almost instantaneously. I'm guessing that means the turbine starts to spin at 1500-2500 rpm. The Scionspeed turbo will start to spool at 2800 rpm but doesn't make full boost (I've been told; albeit not by Scionspeed themselves so this could very well be wrong) until 3500-4000 rpm. ZPI is the only one using a Mitsubishi spec turbo (except maybe GReddy - GReddy uses Mitsubishi turbos too) while everyone else, Scionspeed, Dezod, and Turbonetics are using T3/4 hybrid turbos.

The T3/4ness is sized for four cylinders - turbonetics is using straight up or custom T04 turbos for all 6 cylinders. Turbonetics probably knows what they're doing and GReddy probably does too so I'm going to assume that all non-brand name turbos have the right idea. Aka all the turbos are going to be pretty competitive - aka hopefully it'll be a buyer's market!
Old 07-29-2005, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I forgot to mention that I was only talking about the first stage turbos from each kit. But in anycase, ZPI's turbo makes full boost at 3000 rpms - it starts to spool almost instantaneously. I'm guessing that means the turbine starts to spin at 1500-2500 rpm. The Scionspeed turbo will start to spool at 2800 rpm but doesn't make full boost (I've been told; albeit not by Scionspeed themselves so this could very well be wrong) until 3500-4000 rpm. ZPI is the only one using a Mitsubishi spec turbo (except maybe GReddy - GReddy uses Mitsubishi turbos too) while everyone else, Scionspeed, Dezod, and Turbonetics are using T3/4 hybrid turbos.
Exactly. As for ZPI's stage 0, I'm guessing it'll start spooling around 1800rpm. That's just a fairly random guess though.

Aka all the turbos are going to be pretty competitive - aka hopefully it'll be a buyer's market!
Hopefuly!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
WERDDDDDDDDDD! I LIKE IT!