Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD CAI Dyno....Anybody have one????

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
SL Member

Default TRD CAI Dyno....Anybody have one????

I have been looking for a trd cold air intake dyno. im trying to decide which CAI to buy. Either Injen or TRD. somebody help me out. also, i would like to see one for a tc as close to stock as possible. but anything will help. one last note, this is for an 07 tc. i read somewhere the intakes are different because of the MAF sensor compared to 05 and 06. THANKS!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you really can't attach too much credibility to dynosheets of intakes. your making the mistake of all things being equal when they are not.

cars are different, dynos are different atmospheric conditions are different, mileages are different etc. the amount of difference between intakes is probably less than the error percentage.

so long as they are well made, and made for the right years (yes, 05-06 and 07-08 intakes are not interchangible, they have to be specific to those model years) they gains should be nearly the same.

if you want my opinion, i like the trd cai just fine, i had a k&n, and it was terrible, it would break its support mount and rattle around, and didn't feel as responsive as the trd one does.

the injen i believe is made of bigger tubing, which i guess bigger is better, but it is up to you. oh, and the trd cai has a bypass valve to reduce the chances of hydrolocking.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:13 AM
SL Member

^^^thanks for the response! appreciate it, but all this i already know. but just simply want to look at it. not so much interested in the horsepower gains, i want to compare torque numbers compared to stock between the 0-3500 rpm level. the reason being is because i almost always shift around the top of that range. above that rpm speed would be good information to know but simply irrelevant to me.