Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...
View Poll Results: Which one would you buy?
ZPI Turbo Kit
50.00%
Dezod Turbo Kit
25.00%
Turbokits.com Turbo Kit
14.06%
DIY
10.94%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Turbo Kits *Vote Please*

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The only downside I saw w/ the ZPI 0 kit is the modification needed if you have a strut bar. That was sort of crappy, but there is a work around. Stage 1 seems nice.

Dezod kit is very nice - my choice.

Greddy - Very BLING, looks excellent. Although, downfall comes with the custom work needed if you want to upgrade.

Custom - Who knows!
Old 11-21-2005, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I gotta vote for Dezod becasue they are the only ones that have comitted to hooking up the solara 2az-fe owners... Thanks Dezod!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thechick_zpi
I believe if you ask Marshall, his credit posted the very next day. It depends on your card company and the situation. This isn't a normal purchase. It's a purchase, cancel, refund, purchase, cancel, refund again...
It is true that I cancelled a $2800 purchase from ZPI. I received my refund the very next day.
I repurchased the same Turbo Kit again a week later. My Credit Card company's Fraud Department called twice to have me confirm this purchase, since a purchase was made again for the same amount right after a refund. So yes, to a CC company this looks suspicious because they can be the one left footing the bill to cover you.

I know it can make a differnence on card type. I used a BankOne Visa card.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm jealous!! Damn it.

I have a PayPal Visa.

I've had to do one other dispute w/ no issues on this card. Still no reason a refund should not have posted in a 3 week period. I agree with TurboCusomz - probably 1 phone call to clear it all up.

My card called me once for a purchase that was lik $1100 to make sure I authorized it from etronics, never since.

Ok, final post about that - I swear.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So either way, his refund should have posted in the first few days the first time and didn't. Hence the reason for all the alleged "issues" with the CC company. In either event, I vote for the DIY kit because thats what I did.

Charles
Old 11-22-2005, 11:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Now quick question for all.. I dont know if the turbonetics kit has had #'s posted.. but.. is that the reason why such a low # has been voted for them? Just curious. I really like the setup they have, and I dont quite see much of a difference in the kits, except the ECU...
Old 11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Now quick question for all.. I dont know if the turbonetics kit has had #'s posted.. but.. is that the reason why such a low # has been voted for them? Just curious. I really like the setup they have, and I dont quite see much of a difference in the kits, except the ECU...
I like the turbonetics setup as well, although I think it has a hefty price tag for what it is. Personally, I like the ecu setup because there is no trial and error with it.

Charles
Old 11-22-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Its not bad.. $4185.00.. whats wrong with that price?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

pre order anyway
Old 11-22-2005, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
I like the turbonetics setup as well, although I think it has a hefty price tag for what it is. Personally, I like the ecu setup because there is no trial and error with it.

Charles
I can't see any technical details on the site - but how is it NOT like the emanage? It says its like "a standalone fuel" unit that doesn't rely on modifiying signals.

Does it come w/ some sort of programming interface too (I assume it does)
Old 11-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

It uses Unichip. It is not programmable unless you go to a Unichip authorized place to have it reprogrammed.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Hmmm.. and what you offer is programmable?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That blows! Unless there are a lot of authorized places. I had some suck-___ custom ECU w/ the Lexus and I had to drive 12 hours to get it tuned for my car to even idle properly. Thats bs right thur. And then if you upgrade - omg
Old 11-22-2005, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The good deal with the uni-chip is A: Its safer for the seller because its not adjustable by the user.
B: The car will react like its turbo from the factory. The uni-chip doesnt have to "trick" the ecu.

Of course, on the user end, you can't adjust it yourself and yes, it will have to be reflashed if you make major changes. Its great for the guy that wants to put it on and forget it. Or only turn the boost up when they have some race gas in the tank.

Charles
Old 11-22-2005, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How does it "trick" the ecu? I guess youd have a permanetn CEL in that case as you would w/ a standalone
Old 11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattssi
That blows! Unless there are a lot of authorized places. I had some suck-butt custom ECU w/ the Lexus and I had to drive 12 hours to get it tuned for my car to even idle properly. Thats bs right thur. And then if you upgrade - omg
What ECU where you running on the IS300? I have one right now, an 01.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

How does it "trick" the ecu? I guess youd have a permanetn CEL in that case as you would w/ a standalone
Old 11-22-2005, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattssi
Its doesn't. Take the emange for example. It intercepts the signals going into the ecu and manipulates them to make the ecu think its knows whats going on. Thats why a lot of times the ECU will fight the changes and the fuel trims will bounce back and forth when your cruising on the expressway.

I have a complete stand alone my my shop Supra and no CEL's.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member

i voted zpi...but i think any of these are good bets. i would pick either zpi or dezod though because of the ability to start at something such as 6-9 psi(comparable to a stage 0)and upgrade later with fmic, better wastegates, exhaust, etc.(stage 1 or possibly 2). i think either one will be able to offer a customizable setup that will offer benefits to all types of drivers and their preferences for race, street, drag...hope this helps get this back on topic...

Steven

Quick Reply: Turbo Kits *Vote Please*