Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

WRSW Intake dirty...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member

Default WRSW Intake dirty...

I just got my WRSW yesterday and noticed that in the inside of the intake tube there are some aluminum particals (probably from the cutting and milling of the aluminum) stuck in a fine layer of grease throughout the inside of the intake tube. Those of you that got the WRSW, did it came like this? If so, did anyone clean it before installing it? And if yes, how did you clean it? Isn't the filter supposed to keep the air that goes into the engine clean??? I thought it was kind of strange that the inside of the intake tube came dirty... Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 04-09-2005, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd send it back... dont screw around with chancing getting crap in your engine.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id clean as much of it out as possible. no point paying shipping back and forth if you can clean it. shouldnt be too hard to hose it down then again i dont own one so dont listen to me.

the inside of the tube should be clean of any particles. after you use it for sometime you may notice a small build up of fine dirt that passes through the filter tho.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id clean as much of it out as possible. no point paying shipping back and forth if you can clean it. shouldnt be too hard to hose it down then again i dont own one so dont listen to me.

the inside of the tube should be clean of any particles. after you use it for sometime you may notice a small build up of fine dirt that passes through the filter tho.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

simple green is a good degreaser that'll take care of it.
be a man, just clean it...then write WR and tell them you're unimpressed with the quality.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: WRSW Intake dirty...

Originally Posted by amoraes
I just got my WRSW yesterday and noticed that in the inside of the intake tube there are some aluminum particals (probably from the cutting and milling of the aluminum) stuck in a fine layer of grease throughout the inside of the intake tube. Those of you that got the WRSW, did it came like this? If so, did anyone clean it before installing it? And if yes, how did you clean it? Isn't the filter supposed to keep the air that goes into the engine clean??? I thought it was kind of strange that the inside of the intake tube came dirty... Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!
Well don't just hose it down haha... definitely scrub it out, let it dry naturally, then reoil it with a decent filter oil. It sounds like it just got dirty during shipping or in the warehouse. I wouldn't really concern yourself unless it happens all over again. I've heard that the WR filters are complete crap anyway, which is why I bought a K&N intake.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

He is discussing the INTAKE Pipe... not the filter
Old 04-12-2005, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

create deezzz dude.