Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ZPI "official" turbo kit thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ZPI "official" turbo kit thread

We thought that we would make an “official” post as to what the status is on our turbo kits. We have been very busy finishing these kits as well as the other products that we have been releasing for the tC.

The turbo kits are ready to ship minus the turbo inlet pipe. We redesigned this last and it was the last piece to go to the bender. We sent these weeks ago and it has still not arrived. We have enough of these coming to fill all turbo orders and to allow us to pre build 25 kits. We have continued to build on the rest of kits waiting to ship so that this delay will not postpone everything from here on out.

We honestly never expected to sell as many kits as we have and we were simply not prepared. We are still only a month behind our initial release date which we are not proud of but..... we are still doing much better than others. Unfortunately, with mass production one pipe, nut screw whatever stops the entire process.

We have switched to Tial BOV as they provide a much more consistent idle and they make the kit look much better when they match the Wastegate. We will call and confirm these color options prior to shipping, as we have already done with all the first batch kits.

We are proud to be the first to release a kit for the tC and we are confident that you all who have supported us this long will be equally happy with your choice. We are very honored that so many of you feel so strong when supporting us and to this we simply say thank you. The kits as with the rest of our products are of great quality and put performance and reliability first.

If there are any questions or concerns we are always available at sales@thescionstore.com or by calling the shop 502-371-RACE. We try to watch the board’s best we can but we tend to miss some post. Our PM box is empty again so please feel free to send questions there also.

We know there have been a lot of concerns and questions about us raising the price on the kit and now they have not shipped. We will honor the preorder pricing once again until the kits ship. We have always stood behind our word and this is no different.

I hope this answers most questions and clears up some misconception about the kit. If there are any questions please feel free to post up or reach us as mentioned above.

Thanks

-ZPIracing
Old 07-07-2005, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can send mine and I can put it in I have two other cars to drive and my timeframe is VERY short. I will wait for the inlet or fab my own.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is defintly something that we have thought about. Give us a call tomorrow and we will see what we can do. There is deintly some liability there for us to do this but we may be able to work something out.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will and I'll wait on the intake but at least I can start the install, like I said I have two other cars..
Old 07-07-2005, 05:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't wait until i get mines

also, is the s-pipe included in the turbo kits?
Old 07-07-2005, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey what i have been wondering is what is the max psi potential from theese kits, like the stage 1 kit what is it cappable of and what would it take to get it there
Old 07-07-2005, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member

I still have yet to see any pic's of this ZPI turbo kit. can you post any pic's on and off of the car?????
Old 07-07-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LEAN & MEAN
I still have yet to see any pic's of this ZPI turbo kit. can you post any pic's on and off of the car?????
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70927
Old 07-07-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Are you guys open on Saturday's. I would love to take a tip up to KY and check out your shop, and possibly any TC's with your turbo system installed.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We are not offically open on Sat. We are however usally here. Just call on Friday and make sure.

The turbo is good for about 19-21psi. We are out of injector at 550cc with 13-14psi. At this boost level we are on a standard Stage 1 with a little diffrent tuning. This is what are car was running when it went 12.12@114
Old 07-08-2005, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

out of curiosity, is it possible to have a turbo kit purchased from you tuned to the same specs as your track car? or would it not be safe for long term use? Is there a reason why u had to tune it differntly to get those numebrs? what would the numbers be otherwise
Old 07-08-2005, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We would be more than willing to send the map to any of our stage 1 customers that would like to turn the boost up. We have had no problems running this boost on pump gas. We would suggest that you have the correct monitoring equipment egt..AFR etc..
Old 07-08-2005, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

would this map require larger injectors? What does it spike at with these bosst levels
Old 07-08-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

13 psi with the 550cc that come with the stage 0 the car is at like 95-98% duty cycle.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is the s-pipe included in the turbo kits?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what kind of turbo do you use? is it a 16G or 18G?
Old 07-08-2005, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to answer the following two questions, you can check out one of the 5 billion introductory threads on zpi and their turbo kits.

My question to you, ZPI, is if its conceivable to be holding at around 17 with spikes at 19 with a larger injector on the stage one kit with your track fuel map
Old 07-08-2005, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheKnown
to answer the following two questions, you can check out one of the 5 billion introductory threads on zpi and their turbo kits.

My question to you, ZPI, is if its conceivable to be holding at around 17 with spikes at 19 with a larger injector on the stage one kit with your track fuel map
i've already read the numerous zpi threads. i am just making sure that it does come with one as previously stated in a different thread.

it is a 16G for stage 0 and stage 1. stage 2 uses a 20G turbocharger
Old 07-08-2005, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ZPI i've PM'd you twice now please write back cause i am anxiously awaiting to come down to talk to you guys about buying a kit next spring.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
We are not offically open on Sat. We are however usally here. Just call on Friday and make sure.

Cool, I'm looking to come up next Sat. 7/16/05. Hope you guys are around then.

Quick question, are you stating that with a stage 1 kit, my TC is capable of 12sec. passes. If that's the case, then stage 1 is enough for me.

Quick Reply: ZPI "official" turbo kit thread