Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ZPI "official" turbo kit thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Originally Posted by Lyracon
Hey Kenny are your stage 0 kits shipping or are they all being pushed back along with the stage 1 and 2? Not hating just wondering cause I really want to be turboed and was considering your stage 0 kit.
As far as I know no kits are being shipped yet because they are waiting on a pipe. I was told that my kit wouldn't be shipping until August when I called . I'm starting to think I made a bad move ordering this thing from them. I jumped the gun way too soon .
I too was told they're waiting on a pipe. Sounded like it'd be a bit sooner than August but I guess thats how they keep ya interested. I did receive a tracking number this morning for a package that's arriving this afternoon but I'm pretty sure it's just the exhaust.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm just patiently awaiting my ZPI Turbo kit. Really it's no big deal. I understood that being part of a pre-order for a product that "no one" has yet been able place into production. For 2400, thats really not a bad deal. Especially if you pay with a reputable credit card.

Are you aware that the flang on the inlet pipe had to be specially CAD designed and then has to be laser cut? This is where the sensor goes and has to be exactly precise in size and distance. I know that these 'First' kits have to be the most quality assured. They have to be rock solid, because everything is going to be based off how well these kits perform and hold up. Seriously, would you rush out a product that was not 100% to your quality standards and your entire future is going to be founded on?
After these kits ship out, most everyone is going to quickly forget the few weeks late these kits took to arive.

I am all about quality here gentlemen. I am personally going to give them the end of the month of August to get this shipped... or you know what? It's refund/chargeback time baby and 'other' forced induction choice(s) should be available by September.

Good Luck ZPI
I know you want to release a superior product.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

IMO I think rather than take that $100 lost to 15-20 preorders why dont you ZPI just ship out the kits without the inlet pipe and ship out the inlet pipes once you get them? I mean wouldnt that be cheaper then $100refund x 20? I figure it'll only cost like $15 to ship the inlet pipe alone. So you'll be saving $85 x20! At least that'll mean you've release the kit but only 99%

It'll take everyones unpatient ease off and everyone will abe 99% happy til they get their pipes!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I know is im very weary of waiting for this kit, and Im in the process of selling my Tc if it doesnt come by next month
Old 07-19-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NVS_TC
IMO I think rather than take that $100 lost to 15-20 preorders why dont you ZPI just ship out the kits without the inlet pipe and ship out the inlet pipes once you get them? I mean wouldnt that be cheaper then $100refund x 20? I figure it'll only cost like $15 to ship the inlet pipe alone. So you'll be saving $85 x20! At least that'll mean you've release the kit but only 99%

It'll take everyones unpatient ease off and everyone will abe 99% happy til they get their pipes!
that's a bad way to get out of their word. they said they would ship the kit. NOT half the kit.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

well just one inlet pipe is no HALF the kit
Old 07-19-2005, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But not having this pipe makes the kit useless!!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZPIracing
exactly. and may confuse people installing it and may cause more problems than it's worth.

just be friggin patient. damn people.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NVS_TC
All I know is im very weary of waiting for this kit, and Im in the process of selling my Tc if it doesnt come by next month
Yeah, I bought my tC, and then I asked my dealer if the TRD supercharger was out, and he said no, so I just sold him the tC back right there and then for 50% of the MSRP. 'Cause I am smart like you.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

At least they would be in possesion of a big chunk of what they paid instead of air. Might as well smell some fart, at least it's free..
Old 07-19-2005, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by matty-tC
exactly. and may confuse people installing it and may cause more problems than it's worth.

You don't even have one ordered. You have nothing at stake. Go away troll. That's what you're doing, trolling around stiring crap.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionDad
Originally Posted by matty-tC

You don't even have one ordered. You have nothing at stake. Go away troll. That's what you're doing, trolling around stiring crap.
They started a thread about the experiences with ZPI in the vendor experiences forum.