Notices
Scion tC 1G Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

ZPI s-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ZPI s-Pipe

Wow, some of you may remember my first post with the same title but this time I can happily say I am very satisfied. Since about the 1st week in June ZPI and I have been attempting to get an s-pipe mated up to my car with an alphawerks header. The power gain is just perfect, perfectly caps off the complete exhaust mod. I have the creative compacts stainless complete kit with borla muffler and hiflow cat. With the addition of the ZPI s-pipe not only has most of the rasp been eliminated but it feels like this mod added all low end power simply amazing.

My friend who helped my install it is a toyota tech and a 400whp 300z TT driver and he was along for the ride on the break in and even he was impressed when I chirped into 3rd. (enkei 18's & Perelli pZero M&S's).

Thanks to ZPI for all the amazing customer support you have given me over this process. Other companies probably would've left me hangin and said too bad, you have an aftermarket header TS, but these guys define customer support. :-)

B/c I know it will be the first question, NO. the rasp is not gone, it starts at around 3.5k in 1st, 4k, in 2nd, 4.5k in 3rd and so on. When you dont hit those rpms it sounds beautiful, reminds me of a honda s2000. I plan on sneaking in a 8" perferated core resonator that should completley eliminate the 5000 angry bees trapped in my exhaust system.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

id love to have this ceramic coated, i know it will cost more but what the hell..zpi any chance you will offer it coated ?
Old 09-19-2005, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You chirped 3rd with Pirelli's installed?! Now that's impressive.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes we can get this coated no idea what it would cost. We only use Jet Hot due to there amazing quality and customer support. If you wanted standard it would a lot cheaper than the Sterling Silver.

Thanks for the kinf words, it is not very often that people post about there good expirence usally only elaborate on the negative.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

OO SNAPS i get my s-pipe today in the mail

waiting 3-4 months will finally pay off :D
Old 09-20-2005, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

hopefully they'll get more s-pipes from the bender soon and i'll have mine too
Old 09-20-2005, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you offer these coated, I WILL buy one from you over anyone else! I wanted to get the Draxas system with their s-pipe but if you coat yours then my mind is made up because it will match my coated header and would probably eliminate the possibility of the oil pan being heated up.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Souljah347
hopefully they'll get more s-pipes from the bender soon and i'll have mine too
All backordered S-pipes should be arriving daily. We also have 20 units on the shelve for new orders.

If you have not recieved yours call and we can get you a tracking number
Old 09-27-2005, 05:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

update

im installing my s-pipe right now

2 problems

1)the rear bolts zpi gave me are a little too big for the stock flang but its ok, i got my own nuts and bolts and washers

zpi go about 1/4mm smaller or somethign with those bolts

2)the front moveable flange is a little too narrow for teh AW header.
for exmaple
| | <-hole on the bottom of the AW header
| | <-- holes on the ZPI s-pipe

again this is ok, i filed it down and now its matching up

note: the S- pipe section rigth after teh header flange sits a little lower than stock s-pipe.

note: the s-pipe is about .2-.5cm shorter than needed. but easily compensated for the exhaust pipe hanging on rubber hangers

thank you ZPI :D enjoying product very much and had agreat time installing it although its takin me 2 hrs to do so with 2 jack stands and 1 jack :D
Old 09-27-2005, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I'll need to buy new bolts? Thats pathetic. Almost as pathetic as having to wait almost a month for my S-pipe they said was in stock when I paid for it.

Feel any gains or change in rasp?

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
update

im installing my s-pipe right now

2 problems

1)the rear bolts zpi gave me are a little too big for the stock flang but its ok, i got my own nuts and bolts and washers

zpi go about 1/4mm smaller or somethign with those bolts

2)the front moveable flange is a little too narrow for teh AW header.
for exmaple
| | <-hole on the bottom of the AW header
| | <-- holes on the ZPI s-pipe

again this is ok, i filed it down and now its matching up

note: the S- pipe section rigth after teh header flange sits a little lower than stock s-pipe.

note: the s-pipe is about .2-.5cm shorter than needed. but easily compensated for the exhaust pipe hanging on rubber hangers

thank you ZPI :D enjoying product very much and had agreat time installing it although its takin me 2 hrs to do so with 2 jack stands and 1 jack :D
Old 09-28-2005, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

ya i feel teh gains but i really havent pushed my car to the max yet.

10k miles on my oil... i need to change that b4 i actually drive hard! hahah

rasp? i do not know wat you are talkin about (sarcasim)

my exhaust sounds good actually. let me a get a video clip going and ill send it your way
Old 09-28-2005, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

10k miles on my oil... i need to change that
wow.... why have u been driving on it for that long?
Old 09-28-2005, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya i feel teh gains but i really havent pushed my car to the max yet.

10k miles on my oil... i need to change that b4 i actually drive hard! hahah

rasp? i do not know wat you are talkin about (sarcasim)

my exhaust sounds good actually. let me a get a video clip going and ill send it your way

Which exhaust do you have?

Do you think I'll be able to get the bolts to connect to the stock flang?

Have some mercy on that oil!
Old 09-28-2005, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well the oil is mobil 1 so it last but the filter isnt doing its job so the mobil 1 oil only helps out so much.

i have stock exhaust and stock midpipe. i guess ZPI made a mistake on my package with the bolts but no big deal. jus go out to home depot and buy a bolt and washer and nut for $2 or something. that did the job. (flanges between mid-pipe and s-pipe)

as for the flange on my header and s-pipe. i just went to a muffler shop and have them deal with it. if you dindt know. the flanges werent lined up
|___|<header
|__| < s-pipe
the muffler guys drilled out the header hole a little and put in a smaller screw, washer and bolt combo instead of just a screw.

everythign worked out. car sounds good. no rasp. just the great engine hum haha and gains are great. :D
Old 09-29-2005, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey I just got in from installing my ZPI S-pipe and although I was initialy impressed by its exterior quality, the fitment and alignment was far from great.

Issues:

1) Why is the O2 sensor moved back over the stock s-pipe? It leaves it in a harder to reach spot.

2) Front movable flange is a real pain and as of now I only have one bolt in because no matter what I try I can not get the second to match up and thread on to the header.

3) The bolts that come with the ZPI s-pipe to connect the mid-pipe do not fit through the stock mid-pipe flanges. I don’t see they could have made this mistake, and as I have read it’s not only me, so I used the stock bolts and ran out to get nuts to fit.

4) The fitment of s-pipe to the mid-pipe was not correct and only by really tightening down one side could I get a tight seal.

It does feel like a little more power and it did make the exhaust a bit louder but I also have an ugly gargle / rasp in the front end now, maybe due to one missing bold I hope. Im gunna take it to a muffler shop to see if they can sure up the install.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Any comments on this ZPI?
Also, i wanna buy the s-pipe now with the header and mid-pipe stock, but am planning to get the dc sports header 2 weeks later. will i have any problems?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the gurgle is actually normal for our car

i ran my car stock everythign with no muffler and it gurgles at low RPM
Old 09-29-2005, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="AZURETCTONY"]Hey I just got in from installing my ZPI S-pipe and although I was initialy impressed by its exterior quality, the fitment and alignment was far from great.

Issues:

1) Why is the O2 sensor moved back over the stock s-pipe? It leaves it in a harder to reach spot.

2) Front movable flange is a real pain and as of now I only have one bolt in because no matter what I try I can not get the second to match up and thread on to the header.

3) The bolts that come with the ZPI s-pipe to connect the mid-pipe do not fit through the stock mid-pipe flanges. I don’t see they could have made this mistake, and as I have read it’s not only me, so I used the stock bolts and ran out to get nuts to fit.

4) The fitment of s-pipe to the mid-pipe was not correct and only by really tightening down one side could I get a tight seal.

It does feel like a little more power and it did make the exhaust a bit louder but I also have an ugly gargle / rasp in the front end now, maybe due to one missing bold I hope. Im gunna take it to a muffler shop to see if they can sure up the install.[/quote

Did you connect the s-pipe to the mid pipe first but leave it loose. Then connect it to the header. Then start tightening all the bolts? This is what they recommend. I don't no what ZPI problem is but considering the time they took to get this pipe ready you would think it should be a better fit with the correct bolts.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i may try to loosen up the midpipe end and try to get the front lined up again to get that second bolt in. Also was there any kind of gasket supposed to come with or be reused for the header to s-pipe connection ? Anybody know if i am supposed to reuse the spring on those front bolts.

Please advise if you have had these issues or know how to fix them.

~Tony~
Old 09-29-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AZURETCTONY
Yeah i may try to loosen up the midpipe end and try to get the front lined up again to get that second bolt in. Also was there any kind of gasket supposed to come with or be reused for the header to s-pipe connection ? Anybody know if i am supposed to reuse the spring on those front bolts.

Please advise if you have had these issues or know how to fix them.

~Tony~
You should reuse the springs and gasket but if you damage the gasket it may need to be replaced. Its spring loaded so the s-pipe can have some play when the engine moves around. My s-pipe just arrived and I'll install it this weekend and post the results of the instal.

Quick Reply: ZPI s-Pipe