Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Another broken Supercharger.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1_kLEan_tC
I just got off the phone with scion customer service and they are going to warranty to supercharger...
did the dealer do the install? Did you talk to Kevin at customer service? That guy was such a dick when i called multiple times trying to get mine fixed.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gompka
I just got off the phone with scion customer service and they are going to warranty to supercharger...
did the dealer do the install? Did you talk to Kevin at customer service? That guy was such a dick when i called multiple times trying to get mine fixed.

No...I talked to Sean...Well I do know about your situation but all my maintenance is done at the dealer. so there is no way they could say no to me because they service the car and broke with there servicing. Also on side note...if you supercharge goes bad for whatever reason and its warrantied you will a new s/c since it no longer being made...so you a bad pulley or bracket you get a new supercharger. there are no individual parts but only whole kits.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No...I talked to Sean...Well I do know about your situation but all my maintenance is done at the dealer. so there is no way they could say no to me because they service the car and broke with there servicing. Also on side note...if you supercharge goes bad for whatever reason and its warrantied you will a new s/c since it no longer being made...so you a bad pulley or bracket you get a new supercharger. there are no individual parts but only whole kits.
are you sure about that? I am 90% sure that when a product or car is discontinued they need to make parts for 5 years. Now if toyota wants to get rid of them and just give you a new one that doesn't mean there are no replacements parts. They sell the brackets separately, but the unit, blower, shaft, pulley side i know they consider as one whole part and replace the whole thing. My problem was that the "dealer" didn't install it, which shouldn't matter because of the 1 year warranty. But, hey what do i know? A lot more than they do thats for sure. I'm working on a formal letter to the CEO of toyota in Japan, who is a descendant of the original Toyoda family. I'm curious to see if they even read it.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you sure about that? I am 90% sure that when a product or car is discontinued they need to make parts for 5 years. Now if toyota wants to get rid of them and just give you a new one that doesn't mean there are no replacements parts. They sell the brackets separately, but the unit, blower, shaft, pulley side i know they consider as one whole part and replace the whole thing. My problem was that the "dealer" didn't install it, which shouldn't matter because of the 1 year warranty. But, hey what do i know? A lot more than they do thats for sure. I'm working on a formal letter to the CEO of toyota in Japan, who is a descendant of the original Toyoda family. I'm curious to see if they even read it.
This what the customer service rep said...that when the disco'ed the s/c all parts when with it...they are only making replacing kits only!