Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Any suggestions?

I recentl acquired a partially used Dezod turbo kit for my tC1 and am currently saving up for supporting parts. The list includes: walbro fuel pump, ACT clutch kit and flywheel, boost and oil pressure gauges and pod, and torque damper.

I have a TRD axleback right now so ill be swapping that out for a larger exhaust sooner or later but does anyone have any suggestions of other essential parts right away?

Thanks
Old 09-01-2013, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

make sure you by a wideband gauge,its a must aem(digitial_....easier to read....get some front and rear motor mounts,to reduce engine movement,power will be more focused to the wheels...def get at least 2.5 full exhaust....how many psi are you planning on running
Old 09-01-2013, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by my06tc
make sure you by a wideband gauge,its a must aem(digitial_....easier to read....get some front and rear motor mounts,to reduce engine movement,power will be more focused to the wheels...def get at least 2.5 full exhaust....how many psi are you planning on running
Damn those aem gauges are so expensive. Do you like your Megan Racing exhaust? I just dont want a raspy rice sounding exhaust and i love the TRD cuz it has a nice deep sound. I'm only going to be running 8-9psi.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CowboyKillerz
Damn those aem gauges are so expensive. Do you like your Megan Racing exhaust? I just dont want a raspy rice sounding exhaust and i love the TRD cuz it has a nice deep sound. I'm only going to be running 8-9psi.

i love my megans exhaust...i have no rasp at all,only when i had a aftermarket header before i went boost,but even with the turbo and no cats or resonators,no rasp,nice and deep but very loud,but its all the little things i have done,that play a role in my sound....you def need a wideband,to monitor your afrs at all times,very very important then,boost and oil pressure gauge..you dont wanna be in boost then you start running lean and risk of blowing your motor,this way,if your in boost and afrs and not in the right range,you have time to react......
Old 09-02-2013, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love my megans exhaust...i have no rasp at all,only when i had a aftermarket header before i went boost,but even with the turbo and no cats or resonators,no rasp,nice and deep but very loud,but its all the little things i have done,that play a role in my sound....you def need a wideband,to monitor your afrs at all times,very very important then,boost and oil pressure gauge..you dont wanna be in boost then you start running lean and risk of blowing your motor,this way,if your in boost and afrs and not in the right range,you have time to react......
I was thinkin about getting the Dezod exhaust. Seems reasonably priced and it sounds pretty good. Yeah your right air/fuel ratio is super important. Ill add that to the list. I was going to get gauges from prosportgauges.com
Old 09-02-2013, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was thinkin about getting the Dezod exhaust. Seems reasonably priced and it sounds pretty good. Yeah your right air/fuel ratio is super important. Ill add that to the list. I was going to get gauges from prosportgauges.com

whatever works for you,most people have and prefer the digtial version of what ever wideband you get.....dezod exhaust is good........have you looking into spark plugs like 1 step colder.....what size injectors are you planning on running...
Old 09-02-2013, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

whatever works for you,most people have and prefer the digtial version of what ever wideband you get.....dezod exhaust is good........have you looking into spark plugs like 1 step colder.....what size injectors are you planning on running...
I remember reading about the different spark plugs but no i havent looked ino buying new ones. But then again i was going to get new trans fluid and check my battery and spark plugs anyway. Ill look into those colder plugs. The injectors I got are supposedly 550cc so they should hold up for a while i think. Where can i get better trans fluid? I hear motul is good. And i also hear that the stock fluid sucks.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dezod has that motul on there site....i personally use eneos......love it...but motul is good too....75w-90 gL5.....550 cc injectors should be fine...thats what i run..im on 10 psi making 320 whp.....for spark plugs look into NGK iridiums...youll def have to gap them,depending on the model you choose...cause 1 model comes with .29 gap i think and another .44 gap which is no good,cause thats stock gap....most turbo tc"s run below .34 gap depending on tune..psi.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dezod has that motul on there site....i personally use eneos......love it...but motul is good too....75w-90 gL5.....550 cc injectors should be fine...thats what i run..im on 10 psi making 320 whp.....for spark plugs look into NGK iridiums...youll def have to gap them,depending on the model you choose...cause 1 model comes with .29 gap i think and another .44 gap which is no good,cause thats stock gap....most turbo tc"s run below .34 gap depending on tune..psi.
What are yours gapped at? I guess mine should be around .34 or lower. i want to make as much power with 8psi as i can so all this helps.

Next is wheels and tires. What do you run in terms of wheel size and tire specs? I was debating whether to get nittos or kumhos
Old 09-02-2013, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What are yours gapped at? I guess mine should be around .34 or lower. i want to make as much power with 8psi as i can so all this helps.

Next is wheels and tires. What do you run in terms of wheel size and tire specs? I was debating whether to get nittos or kumhos

i played with different gaps and .32 worked best for me,my car like between .32 and .34..but afrs were more stable and car more repsonse at .32.....i know when i was at 8 psi i did have .34 and now im at 10 psi im at .32..weird how it works..every cars different...8 psi is normally around 260-280 whp depending on setup,exhaust,tune....i have open dump too,so thats helps also,along with pulleys,all the small crap i have.....as far as wheels,im on stock 17"s but i have better tires..general hp's which are decent,but still loose traction even at quarter throttle lol
Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i played with different gaps and .32 worked best for me,my car like between .32 and .34..but afrs were more stable and car more repsonse at .32.....i know when i was at 8 psi i did have .34 and now im at 10 psi im at .32..weird how it works..every cars different...8 psi is normally around 260-280 whp depending on setup,exhaust,tune....i have open dump too,so thats helps also,along with pulleys,all the small crap i have.....as far as wheels,im on stock 17"s but i have better tires..general hp's which are decent,but still loose traction even at quarter throttle lol
Yeah i got general G Max tires. I like them alot. Great traction and ive never hydroplaned with them. I guess ill have to play with the gap when i get it tuned. Thanks for the info dude. I appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i got general G Max tires. I like them alot. Great traction and ive never hydroplaned with them. I guess ill have to play with the gap when i get it tuned. Thanks for the info dude. I appreciate it.

are you plan on using a piggy back or a standalone ecu !!!!
Old 09-03-2013, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you plan on using a piggy back or a standalone ecu !!!!
Im guna use the aem fic that came with the kit. So piggyback i guess
Old 09-03-2013, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and what octane fuel do you use?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh and what octane fuel do you use?
i use 93...........and make sure your tuner knows how to tune the aem fic piggy back,cause alot of tuners dont,and afterwards you have all sort of issues,make sure you have done the resistor mod,to void the CEL
Old 09-03-2013, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i use 93...........and make sure your tuner knows how to tune the aem fic piggy back,cause alot of tuners dont,and afterwards you have all sort of issues,make sure you have done the resistor mod,to void the CEL
Ill make sure of that. Do u pass inspection with the mod? Here in jersey they only check emissions now
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ill make sure of that. Do u pass inspection with the mod? Here in jersey they only check emissions now
yes,as long as theres no cel and all of the monitors are off,i think you can have 1 on, the evap.....my gie aint too picky cause i personally know him,i have full straight exhaust,he said as long as u have no cel on,youll be fine,but others may be different..
Old 09-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Sounds like My06tc has you covered. Let me know if you need me.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would *ASSUME* all the essential parts to make the car run would come with the kit, right? Dezod has a very well equipped kit. My used Ptuning needed all sorts of fittings and clamps that the previous owner did not provide.

I went with the Raceland exhaust because it is dirt cheap and it needed to be fabbed up to fit the 3" downpipe so I used to money I saved towards that. Sounds nice and deep but the silencer makes it sound like shiiii. I am sure once the cheap sound dampening material gets burnt out ill replace the fart can with an oval vibrant or magnaflow.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok cool because i dont want to have to buy a catted downpipe just to pass inspec. Is ur engine built at all or still stock? Thanks for the help Paul. Ill let you know if I need any help.

Quick Reply: Any suggestions?