Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Sounds like My06tc has you covered. Let me know if you need me.

we all need the master of scions to chime in paul lol.....im sure theres alot im missing...
Old 09-03-2013, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by burgandybomber
I would *ASSUME* all the essential parts to make the car run would come with the kit, right? Dezod has a very well equipped kit.

Should never assume when buying a used kit. Always double check before starting the tear down.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would *ASSUME* all the essential parts to make the car run would come with the kit, right? Dezod has a very well equipped kit. My used Ptuning needed all sorts of fittings and clamps that the previous owner did not provide.

I went with the Raceland exhaust because it is dirt cheap and it needed to be fabbed up to fit the 3" downpipe so I used to money I saved towards that. Sounds nice and deep but the silencer makes it sound like shiiii. I am sure once the cheap sound dampening material gets burnt out ill replace the fart can with an oval vibrant or magnaflow.
Your right it does come with everything to get you up and running but if you dont buy at least a clutch then your guna have problems obviously. I just meant other parts that will help to jumpstart the process and help me maximize the potential of the kit right off the bat and protect my car at the same time. (clutch, torque damper, motor mounts)
Old 09-04-2013, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would *ASSUME* all the essential parts to make the car run would come with the kit, right? Dezod has a very well equipped kit. My used Ptuning needed all sorts of fittings and clamps that the previous owner did not provide.

I went with the Raceland exhaust because it is dirt cheap and it needed to be fabbed up to fit the 3" downpipe so I used to money I saved towards that. Sounds nice and deep but the silencer makes it sound like shiiii. I am sure once the cheap sound dampening material gets burnt out ill replace the fart can with an oval vibrant or magnaflow.
The used kit i bought was missing small pieces too but what was awesome was that it came with a brand new turbo, intercooler and intake pipe. All the other pieces are used but in good shape from what i can tell. I just had to buy clamps, couplers, gaskets, hardware, vacuum lines, stuff like that.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's nice then. Dont have to worry about play or seals. The shop has yet to get to my car so I am hoping nothing turns out busted from the kit I got. I am going to be running an Exedy OEM replacement clutch that was installed about a week before I decided to boost so I am just hoping it holds till next spring when I get my taxes back for more goodies ;) If you get the motor mount bushings let me know how that goes. I got the 3 pack but am only installing the front one initially.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's nice then. Dont have to worry about play or seals. The shop has yet to get to my car so I am hoping nothing turns out busted from the kit I got. I am going to be running an Exedy OEM replacement clutch that was installed about a week before I decided to boost so I am just hoping it holds till next spring when I get my taxes back for more goodies ;) If you get the motor mount bushings let me know how that goes. I got the 3 pack but am only installing the front one initially.
I honestly dont know how long that clutch is going to last you. Ive heard people say it lasts a few months and other people said it lasted a week. Where did you get the motor mounts from? I need to add those to the list as well.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got it from energysuspensionparts.com direct. I doubt i'll shred it in a week. I don't drive like that... at least I don't pre turbo It will be a good experiment to see how long a brand new clutch lasts. I have less than 4k miles on it.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got it from energysuspensionparts.com direct. I doubt i'll shred it in a week. I don't drive like that... at least I don't pre turbo It will be a good experiment to see how long a brand new clutch lasts. I have less than 4k miles on it.
But its OEM spec right? Those clutches cant handle as much torque as the tC can out out under boost. Itll probably last a while cuz its brand new but it'll eventually go if its OEM.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 PM
SL Member

My stock clutch with 54k miles on it went out 2 days after my turbo got put in. I shouldn't say that it went out completely, but it's now slipping at anything over 4k rpm
Old 09-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

http://www.dezod.com/pd_act_street_clutch_kittc_05.cfm
Old 09-13-2013, 01:19 PM
SL Member

Thanks Paul, I'll be ordering this soon. Which flywheel would you suggest for daily driving?
Old 09-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by alentz627
Thanks Paul, I'll be ordering this soon. Which flywheel would you suggest for daily driving?
http://www.dezod.com/pd_competition_...flywheeltc.cfm
Old 09-13-2013, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CowboyKillerz
But its OEM spec right? Those clutches cant handle as much torque as the tC can out out under boost. Itll probably last a while cuz its brand new but it'll eventually go if its OEM.
I defiantly don't expect it to last past the first few nice days of spring lol. It just needs to make the 4 mile round trip to work and back this winter. And being Michigan, there are almost zero opportunities to open her up with all the snow on the ground. I absolutely expect it to slip.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ordered a clutch,fuel pump and spark plugs from dezod today and flywheel and trans fluid off amazon. I'm hoping to get this project started before October. I've been patiently saving up since February and its about time.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck with the build man. I know how you feel. Ive been dreaming about boost since I got my car 5 years ago
Old 09-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Ordered a clutch,fuel pump and spark plugs from dezod today and flywheel and trans fluid off amazon. I'm hoping to get this project started before October. I've been patiently saving up since February and its about time.
Thanks for your business. Your order shipped.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for your business. Your order shipped.
You guys ship so fast. I got it like 2 days later lol thanks a lot. Now Im just waiting for my flywheel which is taking forever. Guess I shouldnt expect much coming from California.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

You guys ship so fast. I got it like 2 days later lol thanks a lot. Now Im just waiting for my flywheel which is taking forever. Guess I shouldnt expect much coming from California.
Yeah.......we rock.

What flywheel did you need?
Old 09-23-2013, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah.......we rock.

What flywheel did you need?
I got an ACT Prolite flywheel. Just came today.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck with the build man. I know how you feel. Ive been dreaming about boost since I got my car 5 years ago
Thanks Ive been working my ___ off for 7 months now to pay for the right parts. I'm planning on doing the build the third weekend in October. I gotta find a shop to do the trans work now too cuz my dad doesnt want to do it in the driveway haha