Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

best turbo for 500-650 hp scion tc roll racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scionpower1992
I know it can be done but at what lvl the reliability is gonna be . Also ive heard about aem em4 standalone is it good just like aem ems .. Ive ask some menbers about it but will like to heard . I can get one local in a very good price but i have to make someone make me the custom wires to the car will like to heard more of it
It all depends on how you set it up, who did the work on the build....driving habits....driver ability etc. If you beat on any car all the time somethings gonna break...that's just the nature of the game. Your set up, seat time, regular maintenence all play factors in longevity but if you drive with some common sense your setup should last.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:39 PM

Anyone have info about aem ems4 standalone im getting a good deal in one any info
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone have info about aem ems4 standalone im getting a good deal in one any info
Do you have somebody that can do the wiring? It comes with a universal harness but you'll need somebody with some extensive skills to get it all wired up and working properly. Thendawg is the only person I know of that is successfully running the EMS-4 currently and from what I gathered in his thread which you should look at....there are some other things you'll need to get to have it operational (Map sensor, IATS's) just to name a few.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by BadDudeTC3
Do you have somebody that can do the wiring? It comes with a universal harness but you'll need somebody with some extensive skills to get it all wired up and working properly. Thendawg is the only person I know of that is successfully running the EMS-4 currently and from what I gathered in his thread which you should look at....there are some other things you'll need to get to have it operational (Map sensor, IATS's) just to name a few.
I dont really know man i live in west palm beach florida and i dunno if i will believe in someone to wire me it up .. Cus i will love someone with experience not any shop or gui
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you have the engine wiring harness off the car? If you send it to me, I could handle all the wiring, along with making the pigtails for the couple things that have to be wired into the body ecu harness (tacho, vss, fuel pump control, rad fan control). I know people have varying opinions on this, however the way Ive set it up, which has worked flawless for me, is having the stock ecu basically reduced to a throttle body controller. The stock ECU does not actually see that the car is running, only that ignition is turned on. That way you get simple 1:1 throttle body - pedal control and no throttle cut due to exceeding stock rev limit. The only downside is you will loose cruise control functionality. I can also wire the switching setup to make your ac work if you like, however you will need to use an external switch. (basically youll have a toggle switch to turn the ac on/off, the one on the center console will no longer work)
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh and if you want your stock coolant temp gauge to work, youll need to add a second ECT sensor as theres no way to bypass the pull down resistor on the EMS 4. So basically, in addition to the EMS 4 and a flying lead harness, youll need an ECT sensor, MAP sensor, IAC valve (I use a MAC valve for this), plus a second MAC valve if you want the EMS to handle boost control. For IAT we have two options, keep your MAF sensor in the charge piping AFTER the intercooler, or add a AEM IAT sensor and ditch the MAF completely (my preference).
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by thendawg
Oh and if you want your stock coolant temp gauge to work, youll need to add a second ECT sensor as theres no way to bypass the pull down resistor on the EMS 4. So basically, in addition to the EMS 4 and a flying lead harness, youll need an ECT sensor, MAP sensor, IAC valve (I use a MAC valve for this), plus a second MAC valve if you want the EMS to handle boost control. For IAT we have two options, keep your MAF sensor in the charge piping AFTER the intercooler, or add a AEM IAT sensor and ditch the MAF completely (my preference).
Well thats nice if you do all that i send you the wires and all when my build is in process . I also send you money so you buy all the things you have to buy like sensors etc .. And i will love to paid you also cus is not easy to do all that without making any profit ..im gonna buy the unit monday or tuesday .. Can you tell me what i have to send you.. All the things
Old 02-02-2013, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I completely understand you and i do read alot in all build threads i do know the tranny break but not that aften . Whats the point in building your engine to hold 600-700 hp if you tranny wont be able to even hold 550 reliable it is really making me sad . Is like buying alot of shoes to someone that dont have feet he have them all but cant use them same with the tc lots of power woth build engine but you cant use it cus of the tranny lol
Hence why PTuning is working on the prototype gears.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 AM
SL Member

I had Paul at Dezod build me one based off the V1 serial seems to work very good. I just can't get my 1000CC's to idle right on it. However, that was before I installed my fuel return setup. I haven't tried it since I've installed it. Seemed like the previous fuel setup couldn't support enough fuel for it to work right. Thendawg sounds like you got something of a similar setup working. IAT, Coolant, MAP, and IAC were all wired very nicely by DEZOD. I hate splicing my own wires the work is so tedious! I avoid wiring even at work so when I get home and have to wire a harness up I'd rather pay someone to do this for me. Love electronics fix them all day but hate! hate! hate! the bloody wiring! Sorry to hear on the E85 setup Thendawg, hooked my car up with some water/meth injection to start pouring copious amounts of mixture should the safety hit. I have quad widebands/EGT's setup on my APR-X1 right now just running on the EGT's but runs great!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by browniemxn
I had Paul at Dezod build me one based off the V1 serial seems to work very good. I just can't get my 1000CC's to idle right on it. However, that was before I installed my fuel return setup. I haven't tried it since I've installed it. Seemed like the previous fuel setup couldn't support enough fuel for it to work right. Thendawg sounds like you got something of a similar setup working. IAT, Coolant, MAP, and IAC were all wired very nicely by DEZOD. I hate splicing my own wires the work is so tedious! I avoid wiring even at work so when I get home and have to wire a harness up I'd rather pay someone to do this for me. Love electronics fix them all day but hate! hate! hate! the bloody wiring! Sorry to hear on the E85 setup Thendawg, hooked my car up with some water/meth injection to start pouring copious amounts of mixture should the safety hit. I have quad widebands/EGT's setup on my APR-X1 right now just running on the EGT's but runs great!
Your zinging that little GT28
Old 02-14-2013, 05:16 PM

Sold all my scion parts for the build i better put the cash into my 350z. Nissan 350z 2jz gte swap thread coming soon
Old 02-14-2013, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good decision IMHO, as much as Id love to see another high hp tc. Awesome seeing someone do a 2JZ in the 350, most go with LSx
Old 02-14-2013, 06:37 PM

I have a friend right now that hes 350z is at the shop getting a 2jz to im next jaja .. 2jz single turbo E85 fuel system and 800 hp all day
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice Sticking with a stock GTE or plan to do anything with the internals?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 PM

Those 2jz come strong from the factory eagle rods etc .. They can hold 800 hp for a long time stock just e85 and single turbo if it break in 1-2 year is cheaper to buy another 2jz tham fixing it
Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, that was a rather flip around. And where are the pics of the 350? I use to have one myself.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM

I post pics today when i get home is a black 350z 2008
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah alot of people have pushed the stock GTE bottom ends into the 850-900whp. They come from the day when Toyota overengineered the hell out of everything.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by thendawg
Yeah alot of people have pushed the stock GTE bottom ends into the 850-900whp. They come from the day when Toyota overengineered the hell out of everything.
Yea i have seen people here running 800s for years with them it all depend on how you take care of them